Archived 48 chargers, 26 zebras

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does everyone else stack up in this situation?

Obviously I have surrendered to the fact that the only way to acquire a Zebra for my shift is to hide it at the end of the previous shift.

The policy of a license in exchange for a Zebra would be helpful in this situation. It has worked at many previous employers of mine.

Sorry, I get my work done quicker and more accurately than begging for one on the walkie for an hour. Most of the time I have asked my TL for one, I don’t get it. All they have to do is take identification in exchange for the Zebra, and people wouldn’t be apt to use them who don’t really need them.

We have all of our Zebras assigned a number and number blocks are dedicated to certain departments. That way a morning TM can use it, put it back to charge, and a closer can come in and use the same one as it’s ready to go. Our store is fully on board with only using their department assigned equipment, we have way too much respect for (and a mild fear of pissing off) our PML to not do this. Plus we have color coded tape on the charging docks so we can easily grab our departments Zebras.

We just had all of ours color coded as well. I don't mind that. What I DO mind is the locked cabinet. Had to wait almost 10 minutes this morning to get a zebra. Even went up front to grab abandons for my area while I waited but there were none this morning. Then I wanted to pull & ticket my PC but didn't want to wait another 10 minutes for a printer so I left it for today. Lucked out that the cabinet was open when I left because I'm sure that would have been 10 minutes too. I could have finished my freight today if I didn't lose those 20 minutes!

Last edited:
I didn't get one until 2/3 into my shift today, I'm amazed I still came clean. We are missing at least 14, it's ridiculous. They were numbered but people took them off.

I didn't get one until 2/3 into my shift today, I'm amazed I still came clean. We are missing at least 14, it's ridiculous. They were numbered but people took them off.
Well at least they are taking them to do work. We have a lot of loser employees who are sales floor members who intentionally don’t try to get one and just tell the customers I can’t help you...

I understand what you are saying, but when the store director laughs off a comment about needing more Zebras or a system to assign them, I have to take it upon myself to complete my job. Honestly though, after flow leaves at 11am/1pm, there are about 7 or 8 Zebras that appear for the evening shift.

What you’re describing about hiding Zebras and passing them on to the next TM is a culture problem at your store.

It’s not up to your store leadership to get more devices unless they can prove the missing ones are not in the store. HQ sends a specific amount to stores based on a few factors. Ask your PML or ETL in charge of device control if you have questions specific to your store.

TMs who hide the devices so they can hold on to them are shooting themselves in the foot because the device won’t update itself unless it’s in the cradle. TMs hiding devices and leaders with their own devices always complain “ThIs DevIcE AlWayS CrAsHeS”. No shit, apps need to upgrade sometimes. Plug it in.

They should have had a policy about employees signing out Zebras in exchange for an ID or some other form of valuable identification, so that the Zebra would definitely show back up later on. Just hiring seasonal employees, and letting them mess with a $1,500 piece of equipment is the store’s own fault. I would be curious to find a “new” Target and see what happens from day one. My guess is that there is no policy, and everyone just grabs one. So for someone to say you can’t blame it on Target is ridiculous. They should have had a policy other than “honor system” from day one.

I worked seasonal at Lowe’s one year, and you had to leave a drivers license or debit card in a lock box with the cash office clerk. Then a manager would assign you a “device.” May seem like a lot of work, but 5-10 minutes is worth it, especially when a store is short by ~20 My Devices.

I don’t cause them to get lost. I have been using the same one since March.

Good that will be a straight final if they pull the user records.

I worked seasonal at Lowe’s one year, and you had to leave a drivers license or debit card in a lock box with the cash office clerk. Then a manager would assign you a “device.” May seem like a lot of work, but 5-10 minutes is worth it, especially when a store is short by ~20 My Devices.

And fuck no you are not getting my DL or debit card. How about the person who does equipment control does their fucking equipment control. It starts with leadership if they leave devices all over the place you can't expect your team to clean up after themselves. You write up one or two people devices suddenly just fucking appear.

Well if that’s true we are missing 22.
We have about 100 zebras all numbered . You need to sign it out and back in at the end of your shift and If a certain no is not there the Stl pulls the report to see who used it last. Not the less he even calls you if you are off to see where you put it and to make sure it appears or you are fired .

They have probably 15-20 that are legitimately missing, and you think they would get on me for hiding mine to do my job? I would be more worried about the other 15-20 that disappeared

We have about 100 zebras all numbered . You need to sign it out and back in at the end of your shift and If a certain no is not there the Stl pulls the report to see who used it last. Not the less he even calls you if you are off to see where you put it and to make sure it appears or you are fired .
It may be a store issue then, but NO ONE signs out Zebras at my store. And we have no where near 100. You must be a very good store with a lot of hours to spare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back