Archived 48 chargers, 26 zebras

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have about 100 zebras all numbered . You need to sign it out and back in at the end of your shift and If a certain no is not there the Stl pulls the report to see who used it last. Not the less he even calls you if you are off to see where you put it and to make sure it appears or you are fired .
Same for us too. We had several devices missing so they implemented this system now.

My store has all of the zebras turned in with the locked closet. We had 50% of our zebras lost before we started enforcing the door and coaching.
Why they all don’t do this I am still trying to figure out...

You shouldn’t just “get” a My Device without having some type of responsibility for it. It’s not like a box cutter or walkie, it’s a $1,500 item!!!

They should have had a policy about employees signing out Zebras in exchange for an ID or some other form of valuable identification, so that the Zebra would definitely show back up later on. Just hiring seasonal employees, and letting them mess with a $1,500 piece of equipment is the store’s own fault. I would be curious to find a “new” Target and see what happens from day one. My guess is that there is no policy, and everyone just grabs one. So for someone to say you can’t blame it on Target is ridiculous. They should have had a policy other than “honor system” from day one.
At my store, many of the new seasonal employees lost theirs or left them on the floor that many times a guest would find it and give it to me.

My TL wants me to come in early to get a zebra if I am scheduled at 8am because I need it for my job and they are usually gone at that time. I went and got one before I clocked in (like a lot of people do) and some random employee told me "you're not suppose to get one unless you are clocked in". Is that true? But... I was told to do this. I would think they would want you to have all your stuff so you can start working quicker after clocking in.

Just do what your TL told you to do. Don't listen to random employees.

My TL wants me to come in early to get a zebra if I am scheduled at 8am because I need it for my job and they are usually gone at that time. I went and got one before I clocked in (like a lot of people do) and some random employee told me "you're not suppose to get one unless you are clocked in". Is that true? But... I was told to do this. I would think they would want you to have all your stuff so you can start working quicker after clocking in.
Technically you aren’t supposed to do ANYTHING work related off the clock. But that’s never stopped me from getting keys before going upstairs so I could unlock my office. Same thing with not signing into Workbench before I’m on the clock. If you’re only acquiring tools for your job but not using them the other TM can piss off. Tell them it’s not work until you log in.

This thread reminds me of our remodel team; they'd hide or take home all the equipment/holsters/walkie clips, even on weekends when they were off, so the rest of us were barebones for months. And once all the seasonal hires left, guess what left with them. At least we now have brand new equipment and holsters from it. 😂

Why they all don’t do this I am still trying to figure out...

You shouldn’t just “get” a My Device without having some type of responsibility for it. It’s not like a box cutter or walkie, it’s a $1,500 item!!!

It goes from the top down, if leaders don't enforce it why should the TM's give a shit. Cause most people are not taught to treat your tools with respect which is what I was taught. Your tools are your livelihood and without them you are nothing. But some treat them like used chewing gum..

We are over 50 devices about half of us sign them out.
Yeah, it's bad. Sometimes I am in a hurry and just write in when I signed it in and out after I am done working. The worst has been when I accidentally left with a walkie. Kind of freaked me out a little that I forgot about it, and rushed back to turn it in. Not that there should be any worry about me stealing it, I don't even feel comfortable taking a paper clip off site.

Yeah, it's bad. Sometimes I am in a hurry and just write in when I signed it in and out after I am done working. The worst has been when I accidentally left with a walkie. Kind of freaked me out a little that I forgot about it, and rushed back to turn it in. Not that there should be any worry about me stealing it, I don't even feel comfortable taking a paper clip off site.

Everyone has taken a radio at least once.

I always signs out when I take the devices. But very few people in my store does that.

I've forgotten to sign out my equipment a couple times. Didn't realize it until I went to sign it back in. Leadership hasn't noticed. If it's this easy to take them without signing out, the whole leader giving out equipment just gives the illusion that it's harder to take

Yes they do...? Zebras only come in two forms. TC51/56 and TC51 with a verifone attached. Etls don’t get special devices

Yeah but they have their own. They don't grab random ones from the cabinet.

Well...they are contributing to device shortage. They are not available in the equipment room/cabinet for team members to grab, rather hidden in the etl's secret spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back