4th quarter Overnights

Asants At my store it is mandatory for truck unload, otc and dry market. Supposedly till end of year. Some people just realized it is $2.00 more an hour. Other team members can jump on the bandwagon if they so choose.
1$ differential Not 2

We were told Overnights would be starting soon - mainly for fulfillment to pick, a little Catch-up push, maybe a little presentation work.
I’ve talked to Other stores, each one for a different length of time, anywhere from 2-8 weeks.

Modernization is alive and well in our store, in fact, working out a little better Each week. We did keep a pog team for transitions though.

I haven't heard of our store doing overnights YET and I work in the grocery.

However when I was asked about my availability a while I go I got suspicious.

My current availability has me not available at ALL on one day and not until 2:00 PM another.

I told them I wouldn't change my availability because they will not change it back.

I also figure Spot will schedule some shifts overnight and all throughout the day in the same week.

Hows does switching back from overnight to dayside work? Company or SD decision?
Not SD. There are a lot of moving parts for overnight so it takes a lot of approval. If the SD wanted to go overnight for one night or something they could do that but they cant change when trucks arrive.

Target is suppose to be flexible like it is advertised on hiring ads but seem like neglecting a child is more important especially when it’s a single mother who has been doing it for over a year.🤔 Covid was the “reason” for switching to overnight but was told it was a SD decision.

Are you saying you are the single mom leaving her kid home all night? I hope the kid is a teenager. Also, are you from t-0604?

Target is suppose to be flexible like it is advertised on hiring ads but seem like neglecting a child is more important especially when it’s a single mother who has been doing it for over a year.🤔 Covid was the “reason” for switching to overnight but was told it was a SD decision.

When Target flouts flexible scheduling to get people hired, they don't actually mean flexible for the employee--they mean the employee needs to be flexible for them.

When Target flouts flexible scheduling to get people hired, they don't actually mean flexible for the employee--they mean the employee needs to be flexible for them.
Target also tells you they the more open your availability the more hours you will get which is BS.

However that might change after they did that TM hours survey a few weeks ago.

Target also tells you they the more open your availability the more hours you will get which is BS.

However that might change after they did that TM hours survey a few weeks ago.
I asked for less hours and they gave me more, the hours survey is BS. I have no idea why they pushed it so hard.

I asked for less hours and they gave me more, the hours survey is BS. I have no idea why they pushed it so hard.
I was asked three times to do the survey in just two days.

I believe it was due by March 31st but they didn't tell us until the 28th.

My store also wants any online training done ASAP even though half the time it isn't due for a month.

HR has their metrics too. They want to be ahead of the other stores.

My store doesn't give a crap about the survey.

I was wondering why they pushed so hard for us to finish the survey. Nothing changed. I put that I wanted 30 hours a week as opposed to the current 37-40 (burnout). Nothing changed (yet). I know we can go into the MyTime Self Service thing but I thought that would be redundant since we did the survey. Apparently not.

Back