4th quarter Overnights

Interesting, im thinking itll probably happen again at my store too. Just waiting for them to ask tbh. What sucks is i had a decent group of people that could only work overnights that have now left because we got rid of that shift so we would need to rehire more tms.

I actually like modernization, but with the hours and training (plus follow up) to fund it.

I like being responsible for my own little world.

Only 1 person remains from old Pricing team, and 1 person from old POG team. Neither person wants to return to the area full time.

Both are burned out.

Last edited:
We just ended our overnight run.

After 1st week Nov, presentation drops off significantly until Jan. No need for presentation or pricing until then.

We'll do Ship overnight, it's what we did last year. That's not new.

We've had people coming in at 1 for truck so...ehehe...I was thinking, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of modernization??

Especially since we seem to roll truck every day anyway. I can leave or come in at 4 and there's always stuff left over. Multiple full Uboats, etc

We've had people coming in at 1 for truck so...ehehe...I was thinking, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of modernization??

Especially since we seem to roll truck every day anyway. I can leave or come in at 4 and there's always stuff left over. Multiple full Uboats, etc

1 am start time for unload? ouch

Yup, if we get sustainability busy in tech, the one thing that isn't getting done is freight
You guys must be getting double to triple the amount we are on freight and guests? We average 300-500 eaches a truck and hit our sales by 35% or more daily and still come clean on everything everyday

We get a security cage of repacks atleast a day unsorted(16-20), alot needs to be security cased or tagged. And mancafs that are atleast 100dpci a day with varying eaches*usually a full three tier*. Audits and pricibg and pogs &reshop& zone. We are single scheduled all day. We leave as soon as the store closes.
Now if we have guests that just want to check out and not ask complicated questions this is very doable amount of work. Now if we have a very heavy complicated guest day, including alotta tv sales?
Freight is 9/10 the task that gets cut.

We get a security cage of repacks atleast a day unsorted(16-20), alot needs to be security cased or tagged. And mancafs that are atleast 100dpci a day with varying eaches*usually a full three tier*. Audits and pricibg and pogs &reshop& zone. We are single scheduled all day. We leave as soon as the store closes.
Now if we have guests that just want to check out and not ask complicated questions this is very doable amount of work. Now if we have a very heavy complicated guest day, including alotta tv sales?
Freight is 9/10 the task that gets cut.
I do not miss electronics.

Is the change for pricing and POG for 4th quarter only? I'm a little bummed about this if it's permanent - I like being "in charge" of my area, even if it's not completely or all the time. Mostly like doing resets and transitions except for pegged items; not sure why, but those POGS make my head hurt.

There's been a lot of attrition on both teams. One POG TM retired when modernization rolled out. One Pricing TM is retiring soon, same reason but she did give it a good try.

I think the one POG TM we still have left would go back to it; she was good at it and I think she feels underutilized in her DBO area. Not sure about the one Pricing TM we still have.

We are only moving to overnights for a few key weeks, not all of Q4. Absolutely nothing being said about pricing & pog being reinstated either so I think that's a lower level decision being made not a corporate one.

I was told that Market would be going overnight except P-Fresh. This is great for me since I am the dairy DBO and have no interest in overnights. I believe that this is a good change from a guest standpoint since things will be more stocked up and less crowded.

Asants At my store it is mandatory for truck unload, otc and dry market. Supposedly till end of year. Some people just realized it is $2.00 more an hour. Other team members can jump on the bandwagon if they so choose.

Back