Archived 9 hrs per week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well I'm Flow Team electronics besides the fact it's a drag to do electronics I am completely alone in the department. No one ever helps. I sort and do Cage and pallet alone. My supervisor always calls me in the weekend because "no one else can do electronics". I was called in to do an overnight shift (11pm-7am) last week and when i got there they said i lied and i wasnt scheduled. I told them no my supervisor told me since last week to come in today. They said no and sent me home. The next day i got in trouble for doing " no call no show" which was like seriously??? I told them didnt comunicate with each other and my supervisor wants to pay me for the mistake but the other leaders say no that it was my mistake .This week they litteraly gave me 12 hrs. My next week is 9 hrs. Is any of this okay????!!!

Okay well I'm Flow Team electronics besides the fact it's a drag to do electronics I am completely alone in the department. No one ever helps. I sort and do Cage and pallet alone. My supervisor always calls me in the weekend because "no one else can do electronics". I was called in to do an overnight shift (11pm-7am) last week and when i got there they said i lied and i wasnt scheduled. I told them no my supervisor told me since last week to come in today. They said no and sent me home. The next day i got in trouble for doing " no call no show" which was like seriously??? I told them didnt comunicate with each other and my supervisor wants to pay me for the mistake but the other leaders say no that it was my mistake .This week they litteraly gave me 12 hrs. My next week is 9 hrs. Is any of this okay????!!!

I would call the hotline on them if they don't pay you. In most states there are such laws as "reporting time", hours vary by state. Meaning if you drive to work to sign a piece of paper they have to pay you X amount of time. In my state it's 2.5 hours.

So if a supervisor asked you to come in and you agreed, that is a binding verbal contract. If you get there and got sent home right away, that's a breach. They need to pay you whatever your state requires. But also this is an HR issue being that it I convinced you, wasted gas money, made to look like a liar to the manager that sent you home, made you look irresponsible to the managers that wanted to document for NCNS.

What they did to you is not ok. I would talk to your tl, etl, hr and if the stl is there...get him/her involved. IF you were asked to come in and you did...then they shouldn't had sent you home. On top of this they are claiming a NCNS. IF they wouldn't let you work cause you weren't on the schedule ( even though you were asked to come in) then how can they claim a NCNS? You weren't on the schedule according to them...so how can you be a ncns. I would definitely point this out to them and ask them to please explain this to you ...cause it just doesn't make sense. IF you cant anywhere after that I would call the hotline.

Last edited:
Thank you for the ideas. I will for sure be calling the hotline. They told me they will clear my no call no show but won't pay me. And well there was never a NCNS in the first place!!!

If you haven't called yet, you might want to drop the "Retaliation" hammer. Mention that because of this situation your leaders "retaliated" with reduced hours and refusal to be paid for showing up for your shift. It's one of those words that really gets the ball rolling, like "harassment" or "violent"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back