MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if paygrades will increase?

If you're a higher pay grade will you have to make more than $9?

When I go to work tomorrow, I will ask my ETL HR if she heard about this and what it means for all the paygrade everyone is on (aka will we all get a raise before our reviews)

The paygrades will increase per my etl hr and stl all of my GSAs will be getting a raise above the $9 mark and if they are above it will be a additional 50 cents. Tls are the ones getting screwed since we see no raise. Now if someone has additional info let me know so i can raise hell over that lol.

My state's minimum wage is already $9 so, as I said in the other thread, this means nothing to me.

It's quite sad that Spot is going for $1 less than its competitor, which it tries oh so desperately to be better than. Now they really are worse than Walmart.

Walmart is going to $9 in April as well, so Target is actually matching them (for now). I suspect they will end up going to $10/hr around the time Walmart starts rolling that out next year.

Lol, funny how Target's stock dropped sharply following this announcement.

Hey, it's only down 0.01% now! Not too shabby...

The paygrades will increase per my etl hr and stl all of my GSAs will be getting a raise above the $9 mark and if they are above it will be a additional 50 cents. Tls are the ones getting screwed since we see no raise. Now if someone has additional info let me know so i can raise hell over that lol.

@Amly_221B @softlines lizard

It's tough to confirm through one post but we can only hope all paygrades get bumped up as well

Whoop whoop from 8.75 to 9, that's an incredible $10 more per week, if lucky enough to get 40 hours!!

After last yr's BTS, several of us were invited to a chat where the ETL spoke about high turnover & bumping up the starting pay to attract 'better talent'. They also told the others (all less than a yr with spot) that they'd probably see a little bump up.
The other old-timer & I looked at each other. "But those of us who have stuck around longer aren't gonna see anything, right?"
The ETL squirmed in their chair a bit before moving along.
Every time they invite me to a chat, I say something that reminds them why they don't invite me very often.

After last yr's BTS, several of us were invited to a chat where the ETL spoke about high turnover & bumping up the starting pay to attract 'better talent'. They also told the others (all less than a yr with spot) that they'd probably see a little bump up.
The other old-timer & I looked at each other. "But those of us who have stuck around longer aren't gonna see anything, right?"
The ETL squirmed in their chair a bit before moving along.
Every time they invite me to a chat, I say something that reminds them why they don't invite me very often.

That's better than being told you'll be making under the new base and that a new person is worth more. They're lucky I haven't walked out.

From the Walmart thread:
signing genie said:
So had a tl metting per our stl all workcenters will be receiving the pay raise but N05 and up will receive more of what there paygrade are plus new paygrades also our etl hr gets the new chart in the middle of april

Sorry, can someone put this in clearer terms? "will receive more of what there paygrade are"? I have no idea what this means.

I make 10.45 right now (N09 position). I didn't see anything when our state raised the minimum wage. I will lose my mind if I don't see a bump this time.

Sorry, can someone put this in clearer terms? "will receive more of what there paygrade are"? I have no idea what this means.

Sorry i was sleepy what i meant was flow makes more than a cashier so flow will recieve more than 9 when the pay increase goes into effect. Base pay is 9 which is cashier and salesfloor then its instocks then its backroom..etc so from anyone in the n07 paygrade should receive 9.50 instead of 9. Thats what we are at my store is doing but like i said it could be different at other stores. Just need more tls or etl to confirm hopefully its the case for everyone elses store.

Since this goes into effect around review time, I wonder how it will effect the raises. I better still be getting the same raise I would have before they decided this (not like it would be that much anyways)

Sorry i was sleepy what i meant was flow makes more than a cashier so flow will recieve more than 9 when the pay increase goes into effect. Base pay is 9 which is cashier and salesfloor then its instocks then its backroom..etc so from anyone in the n07 paygrade should receive 9.50 instead of 9. Thats what we are at my store is doing but like i said it could be different at other stores. Just need more tls or etl to confirm hopefully its the case for everyone elses store.

Sales floor is NOT base pay..... Cashier, Guest Services, and Cart Attendant is!!! (N03), which is base pay. Sales floor is N05, I would know, I work on the Sales Floor. Maybe some stores just have different pay grades, wouldn't make sense, but you never know.

Sales floor is NOT base pay..... Cashier, Guest Services, and Cart Attendant is!!! (N03), which is base pay. Sales floor is N05, I would know, I work on the Sales Floor. Maybe some stores just have different pay grades, wouldn't make sense, but you never know.
All stores are not the same. I'm not sure if pay grade breakdowns differ throughout different districts, or whether individual stores within districts vary too. But at my store, sales floor and cashier are at the same paygrade, which is base.

Then your store is an anomaly....because I think at most stores it is base pay.

Backroom master race reporting in. Started at 8.50 on flow. Then they got rid of the 4am shift so everyone got a dollar raise to 9.50. After two years reviews, im sitting at about 10 even. I want more

ours is already $9 so this is nothing new to me.... if only they would raise it to an actual wage that made sense since every single one of us has to deal with crap customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back