MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for everyone that will benefit from this. It's still barely above minimum wage in New York though. Oh well.

Finally.

And all it took was pressure from competition to finally get team members a slightly better (but still pretty crappy overall) wage.

Better late than never, I suppose?

How about the ones who's been at Target for years? Will they get something? I started $7.50 8.4 years ago

I make $12 now
Last year, my store changed everyone's starting pay to $9.25. Since I was already making more than the previous starting pay, I asked my ETL if my new pay will be higher. She looked at me like I was crazy.

You'll probably get a bump from where you started so you'd probably make 1.50 more than you do now

How about the ones who's been at Target for years? Will they get something? I started $7.50 8.4 years ago

I make $12 now

Good lord, I wish I made $7.50 when I started. I started at $7.25 when I began working for Spot a little over 3 years ago. I'm not even that close to the $8.00 mark yet.

But I hear ya. I wonder if the veterans and those who already make over $9 an hour at my store will get an analogous raise too.

My state's minimum wage is already $9 so, as I said in the other thread, this means nothing to me.

It's quite sad that Spot is going for $1 less than its competitor, which it tries oh so desperately to be better than. Now they really are worse than Walmart.

Wow. I talked to my ETL-HR, and the news was not good. If she's right, this is unfair.

She said nothing is official, but it will roll out in the next couple of weeks. But that a cashier will now make $9.00/hour. As a GSA, I will still make my $9.34/hour. Anyone going into new paygrades (promotions, new hires) will make the $9.50/hour for GSA if they decide to bump up the paygrades.

So a brand new GSA is worth more than one with experience. Talk about a slap in the face.

Wow. I talked to my ETL-HR, and the news was not good. If she's right, this is unfair.

She said nothing is official, but it will roll out in the next couple of weeks. But that a cashier will now make $9.00/hour. As a GSA, I will still make my $9.34/hour. Anyone going into new paygrades (promotions, new hires) will make the $9.50/hour for GSA if they decide to bump up the paygrades.

So a brand new GSA is worth more than one with experience. Talk about a slap in the face.

That doesn't sound right. If $9 will be the new base way, then all other paygrades should rise with it. Just as with a minimum wage increase, you should go up to $9.50/hr as that would be the N07 pay.

Bear in mind many ETLs are idiots, even of their own departments. My ETL-HR, for example, did not know how many hours a TM had to work to get a 15-minute break.

The good thing about this is the press release says "all employees" whereas the ones for Walmart that I've seen were unclear as to if they were simply raising the starting wage or boosting all wages.

Walmart is raising all hourly store wages.

Well it's a .04+ when the market closed.

We'll see tomorrow if it drops at the end of the day

I'm sure Target didn't all the sudden get more money for Payroll. Most likely stores will see some kind of cuts after this.

I can only hope that all pay grades move up to reflect the new starting pay. When I started as sales floor at my store we started at 8.25. I expect a $0.75 raise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back