MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke with a TM from HROC that conformed that no official information regarding what will happen with upper payrates has been communicated to them or stores yet.

The gentleman stated that in the past they have offered increases to upper payrates above the base pay but even his workcenter does not have any information other than what we can all read on the news. Your ETL-HRs are just trying to seem like they know what's going on

Spoke with a TM from HROC that conformed that no official information regarding what will happen with upper payrates has been communicated to them or stores yet.

The gentleman stated that in the past they have offered increases to upper payrates above the base pay but even his workcenter does not have any information other than what we can all read on the news. Your ETL-HRs are just trying to seem like they know what's going on

First, any good (hahahaha) ETL-HR would say that instead of making stuff up purely for the entertainment of upsetting people.

Second, why in the hell would they release that to the media, but not give information to the stores so they can answer TM questions properly?

Argh.

All stores are not the same. I'm not sure if pay grade breakdowns differ throughout different districts, or whether individual stores within districts vary too. But at my store, sales floor and cashier are at the same paygrade, which is base.
Then your store is an anomaly....because I think at most stores it is base pay.

I apologize, I looked at some pay grade break downs and realized my mistake. Most of the sales floor is base pay, except for a few areas..... which I work in one of those few areas, that's why I am a N05 pay grade.

Question: If my store already has a starting pay of $9.25, will there be any impact at all? I hope, it's expensive to live in New York.

An increase in hourly wages for those making under 9 an hour most likely won't increase your paycheck. Target has to balance their scale. I think they will do that by cutting back hours for most tm's.
It's sad.

Exactly what I was thinking about this raise. Unless corporate has some plan to give stores more money/hours for payroll. Telling each store they need to raise the minimum to $9 and they need to figure out how to make it work kinda stinks. Only good thing is maybe we can hold onto decent team members longer, our turnover has been getting pretty bad lately.

I should add our starting pay is already $8 so it will not break the store but I'm sure they will use it as an excuse to cut hours...

First, any good (hahahaha) ETL-HR would say that instead of making stuff up purely for the entertainment of upsetting people.

Second, why in the hell would they release that to the media, but not give information to the stores so they can answer TM questions properly?

Argh.
I read an article on this today and the info came from "sources familiar with the matter." But when they contacted Target for an official response: "The company would not comment on the new minimum, saying it does not disclose wage levels."

I read an article on this today and the info came from "sources familiar with the matter." But when they contacted Target for an official response: "The company would not comment on the new minimum, saying it does not disclose wage levels."
Ah...thank you for that clarification. Of course they don't disclose wage levels...they wouldn't want the general public knowing how little they pay.

I'm at 8.72, 22¢ above what base is at my store. Im not mad the new hires will be making the same as me because I never even noticed that 22¢ difference. I understand why people are mad/annoyed, though. I guess I'm unbothered because I don't think I would've made it to $9 for years anyway lol.

well I came up with the ultimatum last fall that If by review time im not at $9 + i would be leaving, But at my store base is $7.50, and im electronics, and started at $8.50. So I should be making $10 an hour?

at my old job and this applies to target too, there would be people making 50 cents more than me a few months after i was hired, and i would have to wait two years to get that, at least now the base position pay is leveled.

well I came up with the ultimatum last fall that If by review time im not at $9 + i would be leaving, But at my store base is $7.50, and im electronics, and started at $8.50. So I should be making $10 an hour?
Probably not. If they keep the paygrades differences the same, it would be $9.50.

So if Target increases their minimum pay to $10 next year, my pay will increase but I'll be put on the same level as a new cashier, despite a couple more years of experience. That's complete bullshit if true.

I was told in a TL meeting that all cashiers would be bumped up to 9.00 plus their raises from this year. (if not making 9 dollars yet) I was also told that all paygrades would see an increase and that TM's who were currently capped would not be anymore because the cap was being raised as well.
Some TL's would get an extra raise depending on how far from the cap they are (so newer TL's) but tenured TL's probably wouldn't because they would be so close to the cap anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back