MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I came up with the ultimatum last fall that If by review time im not at $9 + i would be leaving, But at my store base is $7.50, and im electronics, and started at $8.50. So I should be making $10 an hour?
If you make more than 9 an hour, you will get nothing. If you make less than 9, you wil get bumped up to 9. All recent hires will be bumped to 9 also. Giving them a bigger raise than you.

I've been with target since 94. They've done it this way since the 80s or even earlier. I started when minimum was 3.35 an hour. I've seen this happen to "old timers" every time minimum has gone up. This is nothing new. It's common practice. And I guarantee walmart is doing it the same way.

So if Target increases their minimum pay to $10 next year, my pay will increase but I'll be put on the same level as a new cashier, despite a couple more years of experience. That's complete bullshit if true.
yea it is an insult.

She said if you're currently making under9 its staying that way. But new hires will be paid 9

This wouldn't be the first time a group of people interpreted a message drastically differently while hearing the same words. Not to discount anything anybody here has said, but I'd rather hear an official statement that makes it to stores than listen to something that has been paraphrased down the chain four or five times.

Any clue when this will go in effect? April 1st, 5th (since it's the start of a new week)...?

My guess would be April week 1. But that's a guess.

I was told by my store's HR-TL that it would be May 1st.

This could mean that A.) s/he's wrong or B.) my store will get it later than others (for some reason).

I was told it will be after reviews are issued so you won't get two raises.
I was told the exact opposite. If you get an increase with this new $9 base pay raise, that goes into effect in April and your review % increase is based off of your new hourly rate.
Sure would be nice if Corporate would send us a factual information sheet on this. Be nice to know exactly how this is going to roll out:rolleyes:

I was told the exact opposite. If you get an increase with this new $9 base pay raise, that goes into effect in April and your review % increase is based off of your new hourly rate.
Sure would be nice if Corporate would send us a factual information sheet on this. Be nice to know exactly how this is going to roll out:rolleyes:
I was told that the review is based on the wage you were making on Jan 31st. That's when your review ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back