MEGATHREAD $9 minimum wage starts soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It starts May week 1 AFTER you get your review and raise. So if you're at 8.25 and get a 20 cent raise, you will be at 8.45 then get bumped up to 9.

If you make 8.80 and get a 20 cent raise, you will be bumped up to 9 and get nothing more.

Last edited:
So the under niners don't get a yearly raise. Target demon masters, you never seem to surprise me.

I'm all derped out over all this shit.

Show me the money!

So the under niners don't get a yearly raise. Target demon masters, you never seem to surprise me.
You DO get your raise, first. Then you get bumped to 9 dollars.

They're not going to give everyone making 8.25 a 75 cent minimum bump AND their raise. All you've texhnically earned is the yearly raise. The bump up to 9 dollars after that is a "gift" they don't have to give. Be thankful.

You DO get your raise, first. Then you get bumped to 9 dollars.

They're not going to give everyone making 8.25 a 75 cent minimum bump AND their raise. All you've texhnically earned is the yearly raise. The bump up to 9 dollars after that is a "gift" they don't have to give. Be thankful.
Dear Target gods, thank you so much for this very small raise. You only gave it to me for PR reasons and it is still not enough to live off of. But thank you nonetheless.

Dear Target gods, thank you so much for this very small raise. You only gave it to me for PR reasons and it is still not enough to live off of. But thank you nonetheless.

Exactly. I'll be thankful when I get paid for the mountain of crap they expect me to do in multiple workcenters and not for the sole workcenter I am paid for.

hl_target_mar_18_2015_banner.jpg

target-corporation-to-boost-wages-in-april.jpg

i'm so happy ???

Yes they were already determined. So????
Well the only reason I asked was because I'm hearing two different things. 1.We get our $9 raise if we aren't at $9 and then annual raise. 2. We get our annual raise and then get bumped to $9 of we haven't got there yet.

Your percentage increase was already determined. So you should get your percentile increase based on your current rate of pay..

if you are currently below $9.00 an hour you should get bumped up, plus your raise that you should receive (based on your current rate of pay) So if you were determined to get a 3% increase in pay you wont receive it on the 9.00, only on what you make now

That is how my HR tm explained it.

Your percentage increase was already determined. So you should get your percentile increase based on your current rate of pay..

if you are currently below $9.00 an hour you should get bumped up, plus your raise that you should receive (based on your current rate of pay) So if you were determined to get a 3% increase in pay you wont receive it on the 9.00, only on what you make now

That's how I'm seeing it as well... If you're at $8.50 and got a 4% raise ($0.34), your new pay would be $9.34.

Makes sense. Like most people here, I am holding out that those above 9 bucks an hour get a raise of some sort. Lets say your stores N03 paygrade starting pay was 8.50 an hour. The way I see it, everyone should get a .50 cents raise if something like this is the case.

But I too expect my yearly raise increase to be based on my current pay rate

Makes sense. Like most people here, I am holding out that those above 9 bucks an hour get a raise of some sort. Lets say your stores N03 paygrade starting pay was 8.50 an hour. The way I see it, everyone should get a .50 cents raise if something like this is the case.

But I too expect my yearly raise increase to be based on my current pay rate
Sounds good to me. If I was hired in January, just over my 90 days do i have to wait until next year for the yearly raise?

But I thought merit increases were already determined months ago. Or so I thought I read from another thread. I could have read it wrong. Is that not the case?
Your review is for Feb 1st 2014 - Jan 31st 2015. I was told what ever you were making on Jan 31st that is how much merit increase you will get. So when yo
That's how I'm seeing it as well... If you're at $8.50 and got a 4% raise ($0.34), your new pay would be $9.34.
Your new rate would be 8.84. Than change to 9.

Considering how awful and cheap Target is when it comes to pay? They're probably going to pay everyone $9/hour or minimum wage, from N03 to STL. Good luck paying off those student loans, TLs and ETLs!

I was told that it would be bump up to $9 and then raises. But if pay grade differences are included as well, it almost seems too good to be true. Say I get a 30 cent raise for my review...I'm currently at $8.45 as a GSA (base+.50) So that would be $9+.50+.30. Going from $8.45 to $9.80??? I'm almost afraid to get excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back