Archived A few hardlines questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a fast zoner and I finish reshop quickly so I’m looking for extra things to do/a few things i wasn’t trained to do, so here are a few questions:
How do you defect items? (I know I know, I should know this...)
How do you rewrap items?
If you have the DPCI, how can you print a barcode?
I apologize if any of these have been answered already!

I’m a fast zoner and I finish reshop quickly so I’m looking for extra things to do/a few things i wasn’t trained to do, so here are a few questions:
How do you defect items? (I know I know, I should know this...)
How do you rewrap items?
If you have the DPCI, how can you print a barcode?
I apologize if any of these have been answered already!

Guest service should be able to help you with all of that

Depending on the store, defects are given to Guest Services, or done at Guest Services. I think there's an option to do it on the PDAs

Use the sort stuff function on the guest services registers to scan the item that needs defected. Once it’s scanned, there will be a K button option to make the item defective. It will tell you which bin to put it in and print a sticker for the item. ESIM items need bagged and sealed before they can be put in their bin. Have the GSA or guest services TMs help you out if you’re not sure what to do (especially if liquids are involved).

If you have the DPCI for an item and just need to print a tag (not a rewrap), there should be a print tag option on the screen of the Zebra in the MyWork app. Scan one of the Zebra Printers to connect to it, then use the print tag option and select the “item barcode” option. It will print a sticker barcode.

Team up with your TL/ETL on your excellence at zone and to see what else you can get trained on.

Defects/rewraps depend on your store operations. Guest Service either does just the returned defects, and backroom/receiving do floor/backroom defects. Operator/fitting rooms does Softline re-wraps. Some stores have Service Desk do everything.

Ask a Guest Service Team Member to show you how to process rewraps and defectives. It isn't hard and it would really help us out a lot when we're busy with guests or other service desk tasks.

Reactions: Dog
Depending on the store, defects are given to Guest Services, or done at Guest Services. I think there's an option to do it on the PDAs

Yes, it is on the PDA.

The OP should (as others mentioned) go the Guest Service during a slow moment, and learn how to Re-Wrap, Defect and B-code an item. It's the easiest to do at Guest Service when you only have a handful of items. Plus, GS can show the tm where to put the defective items so the product is handled appropriately. Defective product can end up in different areas (donate, salvage, toss, MIR) so GS can help the OP figure out where to put it.

I asked guest service to teach me last night and it went well! It’s a pretty easy process.
Now, what do you do with items that read “not sold here/online only and no price shows up? There was a rug by clearance that said that yesterday and I wasn’t sure what to do

We typically defect online items like rugs bc we have no place to put them however if your store keeps all online merchandise, you have to connect your zebra to the printer that uses clearance labels and print a special re-price label.

You can defect on a MyDevice/Zebra

Just scan the item barcode, click the name of the item, it'll bring up any backroom locations it's stored in and give some statistics on the item. On the very bottom of the page, there is a button called "Defective" and you click it and it brings you to a screen to ask how many of the item you are defecting and you select the reason for defective being "Quality" "Expired" and I forget what the third option is.

You can defect on a MyDevice/Zebra

Just scan the item barcode, click the name of the item, it'll bring up any backroom locations it's stored in and give some statistics on the item. On the very bottom of the page, there is a button called "Defective" and you click it and it brings you to a screen to ask how many of the item you are defecting and you select the reason for defective being "Quality" "Expired" and I forget what the third option is.

That’s only for food items. Gen merch has to be defected out in POS or a PDA.

I asked guest service to teach me last night and it went well! It’s a pretty easy process.
Now, what do you do with items that read “not sold here/online only and no price shows up? There was a rug by clearance that said that yesterday and I wasn’t sure what to do

Have someone at Guest Service or on the pricing team help you. When sorting at Guest Service, the printer should automatically print an "Online" sticker to place on the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back