Archived About those seasonal TMs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone can beat this Ill be impressed-

We hired a flow seasonal TM. They get assigned an area and is expected to work the boxes in that area. They work maybe 8 boxes (more if the ETL or TL babysits) in 2 hours. Consistent bathroom breaks in that time frame. Then in 2 hours takes their 15 minute break. Instead of coming back like a good TM they come back 10 minutes after break ended. Works about the same until lunch. Then because we dont schedule them longer than 5 hours. They take the last 15 minutes of their shift taking another break then clocks out to go home. We haven't termed them yet because we aren't getting a ton of applications for flow.

I think I can beat this, we had some older seasonal guy, that seemed sort of slow... Didn't seem to learn anything, and would ask how to do the samething, repeatedly, from multiple different people, every single day... We all wondered, "what is with this guy? I legit showed him yesterday how to answer a phone". Another TM would then reply, "wait! I have also been asked from the same guy how to answer the phone, about 3 times".

Needless to say, he was caught on camera literally chugging Vodka in his car, during his breaks. What blew all of our minds is that he had............... ABSOLUTELY.....; no "Tells", that made us suspicious, that they, may actually be hammered. Instead of just stupid.

Half of ours are gone.. some great stories that might out me. But most of them have been just wonderful. :rolleyes:

I think I can beat this, we had some older seasonal guy, that seemed sort of slow... Didn't seem to learn anything, and would ask how to do the samething, repeatedly, from multiple different people, every single day... We all wondered, "what is with this guy? I legit showed him yesterday how to answer a phone". Another TM would then reply, "wait! I have also been asked from the same guy how to answer the phone, about 3 times".

Needless to say, he was caught on camera literally chugging Vodka in his car, during his breaks. What blew all of our minds is that he had............... ABSOLUTELY.....; no "Tells", that made us suspicious, that they, may actually be hammered. Instead of just stupid.

All I can imagine the conversation if he could figure out the phone-
"Waltarget, what do you neeed?"

The first seasonal to go from our department had his last day today. He was a nice guy, but we are all glad to see him go. He was just too slow packing and picking and he took a phone call right in front of me today. Ugh.

Ever since I found out I'm not seasonal, I've come to realize that we seem to have very few seasonals overall. I would recognize 3. Not surprised. Nobody company's really been able to hire seasonals where I live. Can barely hire regular part timers. Cost of living is such that people just won't take retail pay unless they have an additional income source.

Those who work in extremely busy stores... do seasonal TM's get let go easily? My store had like 10-15 cashiers, seriously, and now has like 25-30. (me being one of them). I really hope I'm not let go.

That is so far below my city's minimum wage. And don't they need to be certified mechanics?

At Jiffy Lube?

adfnZpy.gif

Those who work in extremely busy stores... do seasonal TM's get let go easily? My store had like 10-15 cashiers, seriously, and now has like 25-30. (me being one of them). I really hope I'm not let go.

Depends on how many regular cashier's they have. If some regular tms quit that opens up more seasonal spots.

Remember not everyone with cashier shifts is a cashier and if you want to stand out be it with excellent service (surveys), red cards or picking up shifts. Do what you need to do!

I was at Jiffy Lube getting an inspection sticker and they had a hiring sign up. Just for shits and giggles, I asked what the starting wage was... $8.50.

I'll stick with retail, for the time being.

lol jesus...when I was at Wally world they paid their tire&lube people $18 an hour and that was 10 years ago...

there's a local auto glass shop here that pays their people $16 an hour starting, got tempted and applied there and when I was waiting for an interview I heard a customer flipping his shit at them for screwing up his windshield install, raving and roaring loud enough to carry from the shop area, through a glass window and to the office. it was at that moment that I realized that 16 needed a zero on the end and decided to bail

uhhh yeah don't quote me on that, I knew of a few dudes who got paid that much but on second thought it was probably a combo of being a more regional thing + some years prior experience. Google says they average $12 so guess I was wrong (had to happen eventually)

[not in citation given?]

One of the backroom TM's at my store has made a habit of saying "god im gonna miss you flex people" whenever he is anywhere near SFS. It's hilarious because most of them refuse to be trained for anything on the sales floor, like hello leadership isn't gonna want any part of you after the holidays if you aren't trained on the floor vs someone who is.

Jiffy Lube doesn't hire certified mechanics. At least not the ones I've been to. Because I've also asked about their hiring requirements in the past. They will train you on the little bit you need to know. I didn't ask salary, though. Once I heard they self-train, I knew it wouldn't be enough to be worth a switch.

This is my third holiday season at target and in my opinion, we have the best group of seasonals across all departments, at least from what i've seen, we've also hired less than in the previous two years, quality over quantity is a thing

One of the backroom TM's at my store has made a habit of saying "god im gonna miss you flex people" whenever he is anywhere near SFS. It's hilarious because most of them refuse to be trained for anything on the sales floor, like hello leadership isn't gonna want any part of you after the holidays if you aren't trained on the floor vs someone who is.

Yeah we just posted our schedule for the week of Christmas and the ship hours were miniscule. I have encouraged them to learn backroom and flow asap.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to pack. You are replaceable.

Yeah we just posted our schedule for the week of Christmas and the ship hours were miniscule. I have encouraged them to learn backroom and flow asap.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to pack. You are replaceable.
after working with a lot of Ship TM's (and actually showing them the Target Ropes), a lot want to cross train presentation.

I had the pleasure of being stuck one register away from a seasonal cashier today. She couldn't figure out how to change the price of an item, and when I showed her and told her to go ahead and do the second one on her own (two items with clearance labels they weren't dropping on) she proceeded to K1 the same exact item and didn't understand why the price was lower on that screen...

She also kept asking me for the numbers on produce in spite of it being right there at her register, and I showed her how to unlock DVD cases 3 different times and instead of simply opening the case, she said "I'm not strong enough to open it." She was trying to push the case back together instead of opening it and couldn't understand why it just wouldn't pop off ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back