Archived Accessory Attachment Rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is ANYONE having success with accessories these days? My team has tried EVERYTHING and even though we're slightly moving up each week, we're still red. In fact, the entire district is struggling.

Here's my thing though...with the new report and the ADDITION of certain accessories that weren't counted before - shouldn't everyone be doing better?

Any thoughts?

Ever since the new addition/changes we can't seem to get out of Red/Yellow. We used to be able to break green and just barely stay in green. Now we constantly switch between yellow and red, though mostly yellow. Honestly my store's leadership is just getting nuts with this stuff. Its to the point where TMs just don't care anymore. Most of the TMs just feel that its to the point where they are not about to hassle down and make guests buy stuff.

Is ANYONE having success with accessories these days? My team has tried EVERYTHING and even though we're slightly moving up each week, we're still red. In fact, the entire district is struggling.

Here's my thing though...with the new report and the ADDITION of certain accessories that weren't counted before - shouldn't everyone be doing better?

Any thoughts?

This is coming from someone who is horrible at getting attachments and I really don't know all the rules behind them, so take it with a grain of salt, haha.

Really, truly, I think the biggest thing is to have Electronics team members that are truly passionate about techy stuff. We have a guy who plays video games constantly and he can recommend any game to any boy/girl of any age group. He can tell which system is best for what type of game play you want and what accessories you HAVE to get if you want the true experience of the hottest new game. We have 2 team members like that and they carry our team. Sure, I can tell you that you can get special attachment to put on your controller that I've heard can make your game play better, but they'll tell you why you need it or else it just won't be the same. They both have 2 or 3 accessories attached to their sales every time I see them.

Aside from replacing your electronics team, you need to really get your cashiers in on it. A LOT of things go out the door at the registers, without the guest ever stopping at the boat or speaking with a team member. At the very least, make sure they are pushing replacement plans on cheap electronics. A lot of guests will get them b/c they are cheap and sound like a good idea. Maybe even have a stack of printer paper at one register to offer to a guest when they buy a new printer.

I think another good idea is to make your entire store more aware of accessories. At huddles, have an electronics team member choose one product and one accessory and show your team how you promote it. A lot of team members have to be back in electronics without actual being scheduled back there...covering breaks, POG team setting aisles, team members just walking by. Sure, all those team members will try to help the guests, but make them more knowledgeable so they won't hurt your attachment rating by "helping out".

Ever since the new addition/changes we can't seem to get out of Red/Yellow. We used to be able to break green and just barely stay in green. Now we constantly switch between yellow and red, though mostly yellow. Honestly my store's leadership is just getting nuts with this stuff. Its to the point where TMs just don't care anymore. Most of the TMs just feel that its to the point where they are not about to hassle down and make guests buy stuff.

Sounds like my store's RedCard push over the summer.

It is team effort to bring up the rates. The weakest is training & the willingness to do it. Everyone on the same page can help your score. I try hard to train & help tm's with it, they don't get it. We lose new tm's as fast as we get them. Cashiers, are your last hope.

My store is awesome with attachments, we're one of the best in our group and district, and I think we have a pretty good ranking in the company too.

Today at huddle it was discussed how a new tm in another store sold somewhere around 40 attachments with 1 item it was his first week...that's about how much my store gets in a week

Just be creative I guess

Hardlines Team Leader

We are struggling with our AAR is there any helpful hints that anyone would like to share? I would really appreciate it~ I have a solid team and they do a nice job but we have a meijers, best buy and games stop next door so we are hurting... I would love some great ideas!

We found a list on Workbench just prior to the Christmas rush. It listed all of the Categories that were tracked and gave the accessories that counted towards the AAR. These accessories were broken down by Department and Class. We were extremely suprised that certain things we thought counted towards that item did not.
An example that I remembered was on TM sold a PS3 with an extra controller and 7 Blu Ray movies. From everything we thought we knew about attachments, we assumed he scored 8 attachments. According to the list from Workbench, only the controller qualified. From the beginning, we were told anything that can put into or "attach" counted as an attachment.

Merchandising, merchandising, merchandising.

Our store used to have this problem until we learned that.

Take Printer's for example. Every one that we have has the ink cartridge sitting right next to it so people do not have to guess or even think about it when choosing a printer.

Camera's have SD cards sitting between the display's with prices attached to them, some have gone as far as put cases on the Camera's.

TV's are intersected with HD cords, Power cords, and Wall Mounts. If a bluray player goes on a sale, we have a center display where we put them so they are seen by everybody who is looking for a HD TV.

Service Plans: These things really sell themselves.

We found a list on Workbench just prior to the Christmas rush. It listed all of the Categories that were tracked and gave the accessories that counted towards the AAR. These accessories were broken down by Department and Class. We were extremely suprised that certain things we thought counted towards that item did not.
An example that I remembered was on TM sold a PS3 with an extra controller and 7 Blu Ray movies. From everything we thought we knew about attachments, we assumed he scored 8 attachments. According to the list from Workbench, only the controller qualified. From the beginning, we were told anything that can put into or "attach" counted as an attachment.

It's always been known that movies don't count...

Biggest advice is track individual progress by having the team write down their accessories each day. Coach those that don't sell enough accessories and recognize those that due. That tactic + a creative contest has been the key to our continued "Best In Class" success.

Our score dropped from 30-35% to 25%, we are always red since everybody can remember, but they don't grind us much, because we are still in top 3 in the company. Cameras, TVs, Nitendo, Xbox, and Playstation is easy. You don't have to know a lot about games to sell attachments for Nitendo/xbox/PS3, you just need to talk with a guest, witch is hard for my getto TMs who just don't care, and our ETLs/TLs don't pressure us with attachments, because we are always red.

The key is just talking with guests. :first_move:

Maybe even have a stack of printer paper at one register to offer to a guest when they buy a new printer.
Make sure that paper is from Electronics dep, and not from Stationary/Home Office dep.

@Salesfloor_ETL, we have that book, but nobody really looks at it. I dont know if they have like a yearly list, but they don't recognize us, and because u put it in the book, u can always cheat and put a couple more. (I don't do that) :mamba:

Last edited:
Attachment Crisis!

I just found out last week that the AAR is now going to be tied into the cater scores, and the department is now it panic mode!

For some reason we just cannot get green! We were 46% last week and 47% this week. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE! I know our core electronics TM's are working our butts off making sure we try to attach at least ONE thing to an item be it cables to a TV, remotes to a Wii, etc... We have an ultimatum of getting our store green within a month or heads start to roll and we all get coachings. Last year we were number 2 in our district, now we can barely keep above red!

My TL is talking about getting all salesfloor TM's in the store to take the Champions quiz so they are at least somewhat knowledgable to be able to point out which accessories a guest may need when they are helping out Electronics.

It's getting to the point where my TL and I brainstorming hard, and are trying to dig deep into workbench to see what we can find that could help us. What does not make sense though is that looking at our scores and our sales reports, some stuff just doesn't add up! For instance, it is showing on the reports that we are selling VERY LITTLE Nintendo related items, however we know FOR A FACT that we sell a ton of Nintendo items. We can always sell either games or remotes with a Wii, or sell something with a DS/3DS! On the sales reports it shows us selling 0 computer software, yet we do every day. I know software for computers are not attachments, but the point is it would seem the tracking system is somewhat flawed!

Also, does anyone know about a report system that you can pull up that tracks TM's that sell accessories? According to my TL our DTL has this capability, but my TL can't find it at all in workbench!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back