Archived "Acknowledging Every Guest" Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there really any difference in the minds of most leadership? We are not subcontractors, we are actual employees of the Target, and should be given the equipment to do our jobs.

Quite frankly, it's not "brand" for us to NOT have the tools to do our job. It's not that terribly expensive to purchase phones to help us sell product/save sales. Spot spent over half a BILLION in cash to purchase Shipt...Spot has access to a few hundred thousand for phones or some other inexpensive device.

I think at this point if you don't have enough zebras it's your stores fault.

They fix them pretty quickly, they are fairly reliable. Your AP should enforce people not taking 2 or leaving them around that's supposed to be a corrective action.

I don't feel like target owes you a phone and a zebra. A zebra should be plenty.

They are worth 1200

I think at this point if you don't have enough zebras it's your stores fault.

They fix them pretty quickly, they are fairly reliable. Your AP should enforce people not taking 2 or leaving them around that's supposed to be a corrective action.

I don't feel like target owes you a phone and a zebra. A zebra should be plenty.

They are worth 1200

I agree. Just feel like if Spot can't pry open the wallet for the zebras, a cell phone, or even cheapo tablet, would help the front end give our guests a better experience than they are currently receiving.

Not necessarily the stores fault if you don't have enough. You cannot order more yet. Stores only have what they were given originally.

How do you not have enough? They send a generous amount and q4 they sent us even more to account for seasonal hires.

If you are that low on them I assume some are broken and your store is doing a crappy job sending them in. They send them back fixed fairly quickly

They were really into this rule last summer and kept telling us "We're not gonna forget about this rule, it's not going away," but they forgot about it and don't give a shit now. I still say hi how are you to people when I feel like it, but as a customer in other stores I don't want employees in my face.

How do you not have enough? They send a generous amount and q4 they sent us even more to account for seasonal hires.

If you are that low on them I assume some are broken and your store is doing a crappy job sending them in. They send them back fixed fairly quickly
We don't have any broken ones but we don't have enough either. There's just not enough to give every TM in the building one.

Not necessarily the stores fault if you don't have enough. You cannot order more yet. Stores only have what they were given originally.

Yeah we got 4 for SFS and they were destroyed by other teams in the first two weeks. Haven't seen one of them since. Until leadership pulls their head out of their ass and takes the time to write up the idiots who constantly leave $1200 laying around on the salesfloor or in the freezer or some random Waco nothing will change.. So guess what some of us do? Yep we hide them so we actually have something to do our job with.

We've got two for softlines. Great for the nights when we have only two people after 9pm. Bad for the mornings when there's eight of us and half are putting away push that involves shelf and peg labels, two are on adjacency and someone needs to tie product to tables, the phone is ringing off the hook with "Do you have X in stock? Can you see if the Target down the road has it?" and the LOD doesn't want you constantly transferring calls to hardlines and wants you to check stock on My Work instead of transferring, and guests are asking someone zoning if we can get them baby water or diapers from the back room.

That is true but I'm also a believer not everyone needs one. I've seen flow team members scan their shelf label when it literally has the item location on there.
in defesne of that, DC tends to screw up the pic labels every so often. Pets transititon is upcoming and suddenly I got new locations for aisles that aren't active. yes this is a revision for this aisle but for those who don't knw the department if screws things up.

They didn’t “send more to account for seasonal hires”. lol. Lmao

We got more zebras back in November I believe and I partnered with an ETL to get permission to order more walkies before Q4. We usually have enough walkies and zebras unless every single flow tm thinks they need a zebra. As a GSTL I am guaranteed a zebra with myCheck out, it's big and heavy and I always feel like it's pulling down my khakis but at least I have a zebra lol.

I hide the broken MyDevices so I can mysupport it. Instead of someone getting it and walking around with a broken device all day. It's basically been just me doing it since 4th quarter. I'm sure GSETL or APETL are supposed to do it but I've become the tech expert out of necessity.

"Acknowledge every guest"........well.....all a TM as to do is say "hello!"....or if this is too much, say "hi!" or just give a nod of the head to the guest. See how easy it is?
Remember, we work at Target and we get paid by Target.
Target gets its money from guests who come to the store to buy things.
If people don't come to buy things then there is no Target....there is no job and there is no paycheck.
We ALL have to do our part.....doesn't matter if you are busy or if you're putting product away or if you are setting a planogram.....just say "hello!" and do your part to keep us all employed.

We are here because our guests are here.

I have no tolerance for those TMs who say that it is "too much work" or "it's not my job" or "I can't get my work done if I have to acknowledge people."
Just like we all know that working retail means we work weekends and holidays.....we know that we need those guests in order to have jobs. If you don't want to have to deal with guests.....then retail (and many other jobs) aren't for you.

If your store isn't getting more zebras and ordering more walkies then your leadership is doing it wrong. Most stores add 66% more team members as seasonal hires.
We have such a walkie and zebra shortage right now I think the seasonals that were let go took them. I think we have 5 zebras right now that don't work.

In 24 years stores have never been able to “order more”. You get what your store is allotted and that’s it.

Walkie yes.

Lrts, pdas, lpdas, my devices, and zebras no. You get what you get.

Last edited:
"Acknowledge every guest"........well.....all a TM as to do is say "hello!"....or if this is too much, say "hi!" or just give a nod of the head to the guest. See how easy it is?
Remember, we work at Target and we get paid by Target.
Target gets its money from guests who come to the store to buy things.
If people don't come to buy things then there is no Target....there is no job and there is no paycheck.
We ALL have to do our part.....doesn't matter if you are busy or if you're putting product away or if you are setting a planogram.....just say "hello!" and do your part to keep us all employed.

We are here because our guests are here.

I have no tolerance for those TMs who say that it is "too much work" or "it's not my job" or "I can't get my work done if I have to acknowledge people."
Just like we all know that working retail means we work weekends and holidays.....we know that we need those guests in order to have jobs. If you don't want to have to deal with guests.....then retail (and many other jobs) aren't for you.

Shhhhhh .... don't tell some of the PMT's that I've worked with that we are here because our guests are here.

In 24 years stores have never been able to “order more”. You get what your store is allotted and that’s it.

Walkie yes.

Lrts, pdas, lpdas, my devices, and zebras no. You get what you get.
No. You have to know how to ask for them. If you don't then, yes you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back