Archived AE 2012 - Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sales Floor ETL, Has Tina visited your store personally?.. One of her main focuses I remember someone on here saying was Softlines adjacency and having the POG team not go a week ahead of the workload.

Yes as HardlinesMaster said she visited last year...it was more of a level-setting visit to let the DTLs know what her expectations are. I was referring to her recent visit notes from North Carolina where she expected "perfect" transitions and "perfect" PTM processes.

Yes as HardlinesMaster said she visited last year...it was more of a level-setting visit to let the DTLs know what her expectations are. I was referring to her recent visit notes from North Carolina where she expected "perfect" transitions and "perfect" PTM processes.

SWEET! Hope that starts coming out company wide!

Awhile back I remember we had an unannouced regional visit when I was still a team member... Zone was so bad they let me work a double to wave through the store. :good:

Lol, what is a "perfect" PTM process? PTM isn't a perfect science and can honestly be more trouble than it's worth. Try doing the shampoo aisles...such a waste of payroll.

Superzone troubles areas once a week and shoot research twice a week. PTM'ing sort of takes care of itself. Hair color, shampoo, pens/pencils, air fresheners, picture frames, spices, water bottles.....

So we had a TL meeting today and my ETL HR mentioned Tina stopped in my HR's previous store looking at TL business walks, toolkits, etc. The best part was no one but me knew who they were referring to. Our RVP usually stops in once a year so we'll see after AE rolls out in 2 weeks

Tina was rumored to be around my area recently, although nobody saw her... :girl_wacko:

Anyways, superzoning the trial size aisle is usually a good idea. My personal best is 4 hours, including 2 carts of stray items/damages.

I think this is a little funny. I got out of my status with my ETL today and I told her that I felt like a glorified pricing tm. I wouldn't be suprised- I don't think my ETl is a huge fan of me since she avoids PA like the plague. Chances are, if this is true for my store- they'll probably move me back to GSTL

How will the pay grade 15 work? If say every store gets 2 slots for them, does HR post them and let people apply/interview or will they suggest it during annual review. As mentioned before this should be for the cream of the crop top performing TLs with potential to promote. This should make for some interesting water cooler gossip :clapping:

Seems strange that TL starts at pg11, I don't know if I want all that extra responsibility for $1/hr... might just mean more bargaining if I go for it!

I'm in the same boat, going from PG9 to PG11 would be a one dollar increase for me, but I'd be moving to dayside from 4am so I'd lose my 1 dollar shift differential!! TL responsibility for no pay increase? Forget it!

Definitely going to be some terse negotiations if I get this position...

I'm in the same boat, going from PG9 to PG11 would be a one dollar increase for me, but I'd be moving to dayside from 4am so I'd lose my 1 dollar shift differential!! TL responsibility for no pay increase? Forget it!

Definitely going to be some terse negotiations if I get this position...

Yeah, kinda zapped all of my enthusiasm... like you said negotiations would be in order!

Especially since I start at either 4 or 5 and get the shift diff as well so I would net a whole nothing!!!! YAY!!!!!

Alternatively.. you could do a different position at a lower paygrade before you get promoted to ensure you get the maximum raise. Usually the store will not lower your pay so it's a a win-win for you. Less work, same pay, better promotion!

We had our AE meeting today. It was confusing to every team leader, intentionally from what I saw. STL mentioned stuff about food TL pay difference and new TL being on lower paygrade. Never mentioned anything about existing team leads getting bumped up, so doubt that will happen. Got the mention of the TL resume for degree holders, but was told it won't roll out until february. Anyone have any good feedback? It didn't seem like it was anything too crazy though, more like a eh, whatever kinda thing.

Is there a pay differential for food now? That would be the first I have heard mention of it on AE 12.
I think it is only for certain stores. It was an asterisk that said "you may notice a pay difference in food and pharmacy. Maybe stores with starbuck/pizza hut and one team leader? Just a thought.

Transfer... Or not to transfer

My STL called me in his office about two weeks ago and told me we were over headcount and that a neighboring store needed a TL and offered a transfer to me. I have until Monday AM
to answer him. Going from a D volume store to a C (or B... unsure) in the same position- not a promotion. I was offered a raise- but I'm beginning to think this was just the difference in starting wages being adjusted.

Knowing what you all know about the PG changes, and the AE rumors... and relying on your years of Target experience...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

My STL called me in his office about two weeks ago and told me we were over headcount and that a neighboring store needed a TL and offered a transfer to me. I have until Monday AM
to answer him. Going from a D volume store to a C (or B... unsure) in the same position- not a promotion. I was offered a raise- but I'm beginning to think this was just the difference in starting wages being adjusted.

Knowing what you all know about the PG changes, and the AE rumors... and relying on your years of Target experience...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Ooo... The PG changes shouldn't change anything for you, whether you go to a new store or not shouldn't matter since your position stayed the same! If I had to guess how the PG works (again, I received this info on here, not official stuff)... Anyone who *will* be PG11 (outlined in the STL guide, so we can't tell who) will stay the same pay but be a PG11... This is actually good for most because that means you can get up to PG13 again (where you were before) and get a raise out of the deal! It could be bad for old-timers since it means that you could max out sooner if you stay PG11 forever...

Whether you move or not is up to you... I would say there are a lot of factors that go into this, but if NOBODY leaves your store and takes the transfer, that means you guys are over headcount and someone has to get performanced out to make the headcount guidelines... So if you don't move, will someone else in your store do it? If everyone refuses then your STL will make a decision from there!

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Freaking take the transfer dude!!!! The STL just told you they are over headcount. That means if you don't transfer they have to get rid of someone. Since he wants you to transfer, that probably means you are the TL he has decided that needs to go. If you don't take the transfer, chances are they will push you out the door totally and you will be looking for a new job.

Take it! One door closes, another opens!

ROFL LOL - this is just too funny. Every year, cut TLs/ETLs down even more. Won't be long until the whole store is run by 1 ETL and 1 TL.Why do this every year? We all see the pattern here. Just axe every TL and be done with it. I think it is pretty obvious the grand plan is to probably eliminate TLs entirely in the next few years. This is (personally) the feeling of our STL. He believes the long term plan is to simply have more experienced TMs take on more responsibility over running the store, but they will still be TMs.
I am currently holding in my hands a copy of something called "low volume structure test" fresh off of sharepoint. It details problems and possible solutions to issues with the upcoming test in several stores where TL's are eliminated completely. It's not rumor folks. its fact, and its coming to a store near you soon. You can find out anything you want to know about AE's, structure tests, etc. about 6-9 months in advance by checking sharepoint.Target.com from any store computer. You don't even have to have access to workbench. Just type it in the address bar. More specifically, find info on all HR or structure related projects by going to [mod]link removed[/mod]It's all there folks. Before it even hits Tina's desk. My gift to you, as I leave spot in two weeks. I would have been performanced out by AE12, but since I knew about it months ago, I had time to look for a better job. I start with Lowes as a ASM 2 mondays from now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back