Archived AE 2015 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine its a store process. In the years I spent on logistics we went through process changes with each ETL. As long as the freight was worked the STL was happy.

Pulling their own pallets during an unload? How does that work? I'm at a super target if that matters
The custom blocks are already broken into fillgroups, so instead of having a dedicated pallet puller, TMs will now pull their specific pallet during the unload. The team is split in half, half unload the truck and half are assigned aisles. After the truck unload, the unload half of the team waves the rest of the store (home, plastics, toys) while the other half stocks and zones their areas.

I'd imagine its a store process. In the years I spent on logistics we went through process changes with each ETL. As long as the freight was worked the STL was happy.
The DTL announced it during our bounce back visit.

During my time as a Flow TL I did have a dedicated HBA team. While the truck unload was going on, the 2 team members would get the pulls done, work them and backstroke. Then go grab the pallets and work the HBA, including cosmetics. I had an electronic team member do the same thing including stationary. Those 3 team members were simply outstanding. On a 4 am unload those areas were completely worked and back stocked before store open. To work freight in those areas when the store is open is like trying to catch water in your hands. It just can't be done.

During my time as a Flow TL I did have a dedicated HBA team. While the truck unload was going on, the 2 team members would get the pulls done, work them and backstroke. Then go grab the pallets and work the HBA, including cosmetics. I had an electronic team member do the same thing including stationary. Those 3 team members were simply outstanding. On a 4 am unload those areas were completely worked and back stocked before store open. To work freight in those areas when the store is open is like trying to catch water in your hands. It just can't be done.

I won't even get into 6am flow and C&S push in P-fresh.... The bane of my guest survey

I won't even get into 6am flow and C&S push in P-fresh.... The bane of my guest survey
I wish that were our issues. Every time there's a negative it's when one of my peers is on the floor. And not a c&s day. :-(

The custom blocks are already broken into fillgroups, so instead of having a dedicated pallet puller, TMs will now pull their specific pallet during the unload. The team is split in half, half unload the truck and half are assigned aisles. After the truck unload, the unload half of the team waves the rest of the store (home, plastics, toys) while the other half stocks and zones their areas.

The DTL announced it during our bounce back visit.

I'm just not grasping how someone could stop grabbing boxes, pull their pallet, and it not totally screw the flow of the unload... i must be missing something.

I'm just not grasping how someone could stop grabbing boxes, pull their pallet, and it not totally screw the flow of the unload... i must be missing something.
Sorry if I've been confusing.

Flow Team: 20 tms
- 10 TMs pull, bowl, and push their specific aisles
- 10 TMs unload the trailer and wave the remaining part of the store after the unload

Came here to say this.. Probably would have opened it 'by mistake' had an ETL not been standing there when it came in. It was a very inconspicuous box and didn't say confidential or anything >_>

Yeah, I'm an ETL and it was known I was the one who took the delivery. Don't think I would have risked opening that box for a second.

Ah ha! That's why my stl's office was locked.. I am going to look around, when my etl lets me in to get a my device.

One thing that has happened beginning this year is that certain FFF events are now tied to goals the executive team has set for metrics.

Example: We have a calendar in the break room at my store showing all FFF events for that month. Jan 10 read "Cup of Noodles Day (for hitting 4% conversion)."
However, we did not achieve 4% conversion for that week, and so nobody got Cup of Noodles. sad face

They did tell us that not ALL FFF events will be like this, but it's still a morale killer when it happens

They are supposed to be set up based on the green metrics from the previous month. So for example if the store was green in cashier speed for December you would have a FFF event in January recognizing it.

So we've got that, the HR+GE position, and conversion changing from prompts to being like sales and just a mature % over last year. Besides that, all is quiet. Interesting.

STL meeting in my district is Tuesday and Wednesday. ETLs next Monday, and TLs the Monday after that. We'll see...my prediction is mostly cuts like the IC and maybe some group and district consolidations. I think they'll hold mostly steady at the store level. Based off past history, we would already know if there were major cuts coming.

So we've got that, the HR+GE position, and conversion changing from prompts to being like sales and just a mature % over last year. Besides that, all is quiet. Interesting.

STL meeting in my district is Tuesday and Wednesday. ETLs next Monday, and TLs the Monday after that. We'll see...my prediction is mostly cuts like the IC and maybe some group and district consolidations. I think they'll hold mostly steady at the store level. Based off past history, we would already know if there were major cuts coming.

From what I am aware, the conversion thing is true. Its a pure Mature % over ly. I have also heard that Vibe reporting is changing (8, 9, and 10 all count as amazed) and the goal is 90% and that sales will be an even bigger focus this year (with a way to track .com sales by zip code and making your store responsible for driving it).

Conversion thing is definitely true. Confirmation will happen tomorrow I've been told.

The online sales is interesting. Would also line-up with expanding ship from store to more stores. From what I've heard it was well received.

As long as ship to store gets the appropriate hours I don't see a problem with it. However what they did with flexible fulfillment somewhat works in my store during slow times (the LOD/TLs will pick them) but they needed a dedicated BRTM wearing street clothes to do it during the holidays.

It'll be nice not having the prompts anymore. Being able to get X redcards in one day compared to last year will be nice compared to the current system. Maybe corporate is trying to dissolve this whole redcard culture they created with unrealistic conversion goals by changing the formula. When you have stores sending their 549 into the red for redcard prizes there is a problem.

As a front-end TM, I'm really looking forward to the day the prompts shut off for good. That will be the greatest day in Target history.

From what I am aware, the conversion thing is true. Its a pure Mature % over ly. I have also heard that Vibe reporting is changing (8, 9, and 10 all count as amazed) and the goal is 90% and that sales will be an even bigger focus this year (with a way to track .com sales by zip code and making your store responsible for driving it).

As far as I'm aware, 8 9 and 10 have always counted as amazed. My ETLs kept pushing us to get guests to do the surveys and score those numbers.

As far as I'm aware, 8 9 and 10 have always counted as amazed. My ETLs kept pushing us to get guests to do the surveys and score those numbers.

from what I can remember I thought just 9s and 10s counted?

Also with the focus on Sales metric, what are we some kind of store?

Has anyone posted about the P/C news? All stores @ 8am or later- due to servicing our guests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back