Archived AE 2015 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only rumor I've heard is conversion changing to being more like sales metrics... It's based over mature to previous year. Heard that one on a visit where my DTL had another DTL with them, from the one that wasn't mine.

Trying to piece together stuff from the winds of change... We're sending multiple people up to talent day for TL interviews. No open spots anywhere in our market. I've never seen us send so many people up. Interesting.

The only rumor I've heard is conversion changing to being more like sales metrics... It's based over mature to previous year. Heard that one on a visit where my DTL had another DTL with them, from the one that wasn't mine.

Trying to piece together stuff from the winds of change... We're sending multiple people up to talent day for TL interviews. No open spots anywhere in our market. I've never seen us send so many people up. Interesting.
Same here at my store we sent 10 team members in December and are sending 7 more later this month no way in hell there is enough spots in out district. Although they maybe opening a new store next fall. In my opinion it's to doin to interview and hire tl now for that store

I suggest this like a year ago... It is probably wishful thinking to assume they stole the idea from me though :)

One thing that has happened beginning this year is that certain FFF events are now tied to goals the executive team has set for metrics.

Example: We have a calendar in the break room at my store showing all FFF events for that month. Jan 10 read "Cup of Noodles Day (for hitting 4% conversion)."
However, we did not achieve 4% conversion for that week, and so nobody got Cup of Noodles. sad face

They did tell us that not ALL FFF events will be like this, but it's still a morale killer when it happens

One thing that has happened beginning this year is that certain FFF events are now tied to goals the executive team has set for metrics.

Example: We have a calendar in the break room at my store showing all FFF events for that month. Jan 10 read "Cup of Noodles Day (for hitting 4% conversion)."
However, we did not achieve 4% conversion for that week, and so nobody got Cup of Noodles. sad face

They did tell us that not ALL FFF events will be like this, but it's still a morale killer when it happens

Queue the T-shirt, we hit 4% conversion for the month, and all i got for it was this cup of noodles.

Seems my STL and APTL are the only people at my store drowning in that Target Twitter Kool-Aid.

Last edited:
It seems so forced. Is leadership required to do this crap? As I said in another thread, these Twitter campaigns can be hijacked in so many different ways. Wait until an anonymous disgruntled employee starts tweeting pictures of empty aisles, safety hazards, etc to the DTLs and VPs.

It seems so forced. Is leadership required to do this crap? As I said in another thread, these Twitter campaigns can be hijacked in so many different ways. Wait until an anonymous disgruntled employee starts tweeting pictures of empty aisles, safety hazards, etc to the DTLs and VPs.
I believe it's forced in certain districts. I know we don't do it in my district.

I put #t[store] in search and the ONE result let me to a rabbit hole of my ETLs on twitter! Wow.

I found my DTL but I also found GTL and I can't hate DTL because she's got her newborn on Twitter everywhere.

I believe it's forced in certain districts. I know we don't do it in my district.
I know my STL doesn't do it. THANK GOD.

So my STL informed us today that my store was switching to a new group beginning week 1 of February. Don't know if this is part of AE, but that's the only info my STL had. He started off with "the company restructuring..." I thought it would be something juicy, haha.

In 2013 they got to see whatever concerts were in Minneapolis at that time as well. I can't recall off the top of my head who it was.
I am Surprised Spot didn't invite some A list entertainers to perform at the sales meeting.
Did someone say Target Punch?!?
#ibelievethatwewillwin
#questfortheunicorn
#makingtargetcoolagain

You know what's awesome about that video? It was uploaded to a YouTube account belonging to my former group leader who is now a Regional Vice President. He worked his way up from cart attendant and has promoted extremely quickly over the years due to being willing to relocate to any area that Target has open in terms of promotion and has held a wide variety of positions with the company.

That all sounds great... except I remember him saying something to the effect of "Old people have no place in Target. This is a young man's game." Hahaha, hilarious. The types of people that are able to climb the corporate ladder... I love it.

Well, if he is so blessed to live a long life...he will learn that the young in time grow old...and with age comes wisdom ( most of the time) sounds like he could use a little of that .

Not very many people go to our breakroom. Most food is thrown away. What a waste.

Not very many people go to our breakroom. Most food is thrown away. What a waste.
We are at least three months into this. Conversion cookies, aar snacks, compliance cookies, etc. This month is sparse for events though. Even of the non-food variety.

We are at least three months into this. Conversion cookies, aar snacks, compliance cookies, etc. This month is sparse for events though. Even of the non-food variety.

We just started doing this. Since half of the FFF events on the calendar never happen anyway, I figure people won't notice much if they don't get the reward.

This month might be sparse for events because we are at the end of the fiscal year and they are probably running low in money for the account.

I know our group director strongly encourages twittering. All I know is I nearly died when I passed the newly set domestics trend run and overheard my ETLSF say 'we need to hurry up and fill this so we can tweet a pic'

I need to stop leaving the sanctity of my backroom when I don't have to.

I know our group director strongly encourages twittering. All I know is I nearly died when I passed the newly set domestics trend run and overheard my ETLSF say 'we need to hurry up and fill this so we can tweet a pic'

I need to stop leaving the sanctity of my backroom when I don't have to.

We don't call it an ambient room in market for nothin.

Not sure if this is part of AE 2015 or not, but at the huddle today we learned that our store (6 am unload) is starting a new unload/flow process. What's happening is each flow TM will be assigned a specific fill group (chem, hba, grc 1, etc) and they are responsible for pulling pallets from the unload, bowling, stocking and zoning those aisles as well as pushing the autofills. No more WAVE through HBA, chem or market.

Not sure if this is part of AE 2015 or not, but at the huddle today we learned that our store (6 am unload) is starting a new unload/flow process. What's happening is each flow TM will be assigned a specific fill group (chem, hba, grc 1, etc) and they are responsible for pulling pallets from the unload, bowling, stocking and zoning those aisles as well as pushing the autofills. No more WAVE through HBA, chem or market.
Sounds like elements of Project VIPER.

I thought the same exact thing, can't be coincidence.

I swear it is amazing to see Target repeat the same things over and over again. People used to have an area on flow, so they could be held accountable. Then of course Target said that does not work you have to WAVE push, now back to having an area. Trucks were push all, then they were not, now they are going back to it again.

Pulling their own pallets during an unload? How does that work? I'm at a super target if that matters

When i was flow TL i tossed out the idea of having teams for each department, i wasn't a fan of the wave process(except maybe in grocery)

Dedicated teams to a department makes more sense than one TM. One TM to do all of that in HBA with Autofills and case packs? And, don't forget all of those repacks. I've never worked at an ULV store, but, maybe it could work there. I don't know. Is this process something that the store's Execs came up with, or, is this coming down from HQ? I would think the company would pilot something like this in several stores, not just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back