Archived AE 2015 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From another thread:
Member @AP2PMT said:

SFT is no longer used. As of 1/5/15 the SFT position is now called PMT: Property Management Technician. The entire Facility branch of Target has re-branded and is now called Property Management.

Yeah, I read about that change on redwire at work the other day and laughed. I wonder how long till they change the title for my job, and pay the guy that comes up with the new name more than I make in a year for doing so.

Someone at work today was talking about Target maybe contracting out the LODS to a different company like how the Target Mobile people work for a different company.

Someone at work today was talking about Target maybe contracting out the LODS to a different company like how the Target Mobile people work for a different company.
I suppose that would get rid of conflicts of interest like when HR is the LOD, even though HR is supposed to be as impartial as possible (while their paychecks are being signed by the company). The difference is, target mobile makes money because they pay their employees well and pay them commission, both things that electronics team members don't get. It's a good thing those guys are under a different company, because they wouldn't get commission from target.

It'll literally never happen.

I suppose that would get rid of conflicts of interest like when HR is the LOD, even though HR is supposed to be as impartial as possible (while their paychecks are being signed by the company). The difference is, target mobile makes money because they pay their employees well and pay them commission, both things that electronics team members don't get. It's a good thing those guys are under a different company, because they wouldn't get commission from target.

The role of HR is not to be impartial. Not at Target or any other employer. HR is there always with the employer's interests first. The day you forget this is the day you will find yourself screwed for saying too much.

My STL said something today about the first stuff being announced. Not sure if he already got it or will be getting it. And he said it sounded major. So who the hell knows.

The only thing my STL said about his first meeting (the real one is a couple of weeks out) - is that AAR is going away!

I wonder what they will come up with to replace it with?
You know this company can't run without some kind of metric.
Maybe commission on attachments for electronics team members...HAHAHAHA who am I kidding this is target! No commission!

Well didn't someone on here once say that the Target Mobile company might take over the electronic section entirely? Commission may not be too crazy a thought. :confused:

Well didn't someone on here once say that the Target Mobile company might take over the electronic section entirely? Commission may not be too crazy a thought. :confused:
Yeah, that company understands how to pay their employees fairly, something which target doesn't get. If they take over sales will go up because they know how to motivate/train their employees.

Yeah, that company understands how to pay their employees fairly, something which target doesn't get. If they take over sales will go up because they know how to motivate/train their employees.

Turnover is an issue for my area. Aside from the main mobile rep, the rest of them work for a day up to a 2 months then quit.

From another thread:
Member @AP2PMT said:

SFT is no longer used. As of 1/5/15 the SFT position is now called PMT: Property Management Technician. The entire Facility branch of Target has re-branded and is now called Property Management.

What's this, the third time they've changed the name of the job?

What was it before SBS? I'm trying to remember if I was with Spot before that. I do remember back when we used to have another level of maintenance technicians with company vans (mostly Ford Econolines here). I still remember the day they had the SBS team leader (or whatever his title was) call a meeting at our store, where he had to let them all go.

There were 10-15 Target vans in our store parking lot for weeks until he had them all picked up, then they turned around and eliminated his position not long after that. I remember thinking what a dick move that was on Target's part. Maybe that's why I was hesitant to apply for SFT for so long, ha ha.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back