Archived Affinity TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week I did a revision for 'TV Deal Buy' POG at Electronics, and we now got a new brand Affinity. Has someone know what kind of brand is it? I see BestBuy is selling it also, but google can't help you makes them. Does somebody know? :buba:

Thanks!

I do not know many American TV brands, so I need to Google a lot of things :D

The Verdict: Vizio has built a reputation for manufacturing flat-screen TVs that deliver great value for the money, and their XVT3SV series does not disappoint.
Vizio XVT3SV or Sony EX500 - talk to me

That's from a zdnet.com review so take it for what it is worth.

Vizios are THE bargain hanging on the wall. Westinghouse on the other hand......

yeah...I'd love to know how those Westinghouse TVs that are almost always the Black Friday tv deal are doing these days.

I have a Vizio and it's great. No problems, works great.

Because it's not a "name brand"... I admit; I try to buy name brands, I paid $1400 for my Sony three years ago, but I would buy a Vizio if I needed a bedroom TV.

Reminds me of a thing that happened about two years ago. I was in electronics trying to sell this old lady a TV and I was selling her on the Vizio. It took her almost an hour to explain everything from resolution to screen size to HDMI and etc. I even got her cables and a DVD player. I call it in and the lady behind her has been over hearing me and wants one too. I'm about half an hour in after my shift ended but I snag two sales with attachments and possibly redcards.

For some reason the ETLs call Ms. Miserable over to electronics to help me. She goes to the boat where I'm checking out lady one and sees the TV in the box and says to the guest "Don't get that TV; it's crap! Have you ever heard of that brand? Have you ever??" The lady decides not to get the TV and so does the other lady and I lose everything from both sales.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, I was so furious!!! So I search around for the hardlines ETL and I rant about Ms. Miserable. He just laughs about the whole thing (that's how he was, but he was a great ETL). The next day Ms. Miserable stares at me with piercing eyes and hates me.

This lasted for about a year or a year and a half until Ms. Miserable gets fired. Ms. Miserable then went to bed with the local union and started distributing fliers on store property with her name and picture (mugshot) on it that says "Target fired [Ms. Miserable], a model employee with Target for [a long time] unfairly blah blah blah blah." Apparently Ms. Miserable now works at the hotel right next to the store probably checking in guests with the... kind care... she had toward them in Target.

Trust me I sell TV's for a living (at ABC Warehouse in Ohio). Vizio is junk compared to Samsung, LG, Sony, and Panasonic. Especially since Vizio wont guarantee their product... They say (even the CEO himself) that if it breaks just buy a new one... WTF kinda company wont guarantee their own product? I meancome on just look at a vizio compared to a Sony XBR... the whole HX line up... I work in an electronics store, not the electronics department of a place like target or walmart where you're gonna see crappy TV's compared to other crappy TV's. Of course the most polished turd will look best among other turds, but you put one up against any of the name brad TV's I sell and you will see that any Vizio is crap. And yes my company does carry a few Coby's and Hairer's but only to show people what not to get compared to the other TV's we have...

daninnj, sounds like a lady at my old store who use to run Plano. Fired close to 6-7 years ago and anyone who still remembers her will shudder if you mention her name. Yeah, she was THAT bad, lol.

Trust me I sell TV's for a living (at ABC Warehouse in Ohio). Vizio is junk compared to Samsung, LG, Sony, and Panasonic. Especially since Vizio wont guarantee their product... They say (even the CEO himself) that if it breaks just buy a new one... WTF kinda company wont guarantee their own product? I meancome on just look at a vizio compared to a Sony XBR... the whole HX line up... I work in an electronics store, not the electronics department of a place like target or walmart where you're gonna see crappy TV's compared to other crappy TV's. Of course the most polished turd will look best among other turds, but you put one up against any of the name brad TV's I sell and you will see that any Vizio is crap. And yes my company does carry a few Coby's and Hairer's but only to show people what not to get compared to the other TV's we have...

Well, you seem to be admitting that you are comparing cheapo Vizios to higher end name brands, sounds like an apples to oranges kind of thing. Compare them same screen size to the price and try to justify the purchase that way. Not slighting any of the TV manufacturers here, don't even own a TV anymore, everything on the PC these days.

Had my Vizio for 2 1/2 years, and love it.....of course, considering I had a 10 year old TV that had a high pitched squeal when it was on, a cardboard box would have been a good upgrade, but still love the Vizio....

First of all, no one cares where you work. This forum is for Target employees, which you are not. Vizio is a great VALUE buy for an average consumer, like most Target shoppers. Vizio is the name that continually comes to the top of the list when it comes to price versus quality. Their CEO emphasizes that they don't build a cheap product, they build an affordable product. Yeah, if I was in the market for a 55" right in the middle of the living room TV, I'd probably pick a Samsung or Sony but many consumers aren't as picky as me. As retail associates, yes it drives profitable sales to upsell our customers (in an honest, forthright way) but it is stupid to talk a guest out of purchasing a Vizio because you have the notion that it's a completely inferior product.

P.S. can you cite your source on the CEO saying he doesn't support repairing their products? I'd love to give that a read.
P.P.S very few companies guarantee their product FOR LIFE. Hence the "limited" warranty.

First of all, no one cares where you work. This forum is for Target employees, which you are not. Vizio is a great VALUE buy for an average consumer, like most Target shoppers. Vizio is the name that continually comes to the top of the list when it comes to price versus quality. Their CEO emphasizes that they don't build a cheap product, they build an affordable product. Yeah, if I was in the market for a 55" right in the middle of the living room TV, I'd probably pick a Samsung or Sony but many consumers aren't as picky as me. As retail associates, yes it drives profitable sales to upsell our customers (in an honest, forthright way) but it is stupid to talk a guest out of purchasing a Vizio because you have the notion that it's a completely inferior product.

P.S. can you cite your source on the CEO saying he doesn't support repairing their products? I'd love to give that a read.
P.P.S very few companies guarantee their product FOR LIFE. Hence the "limited" warranty.

Well let me just point something out to you... if I'm not mistaken this forum is for Target employee's AND ex-employees, am I not correct? I AM in fact an ex-employee. I worked at a Target in southern California as a TPS. Also I joined this site while employed as such. I don't quite understand why you have had such animosity for me since I've been on these forums, especially since I don't post the most angry and hurtful things here like some others do... And I was just simply pointing out where I work and what kind of work I do. So back off eh? Sheesh its like you think I'm personally attacking you and I'm not...

Anyway, I do not have a copy of where the CEO has stated this, but people of corporate for my company have said that is what the Vizio CEO has said and that is why we do not carry their product. This was 6 months ago that I was told this so things could have changed.

The point of this wasn't to talk about Vizio anyway, its to talk about Affinity (also cheap). So lets get back on topic! I haven't heard much about that brand before and it's not a big name so I was only assuming it was going to be a cheapo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back