Archived Am I still technically seasonal and for how long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I started as a seasonal cashier this past November, 10th. I was one of 6 kept on after mid January. I originally only applied as a way to make extra money for Xmas but once Xmas was over I was really hoping to be kept on, and I was. I really enjoy my job and get along well with everyone. I'm assuming I'm still coded as seasonal because when I was hired I was told their seasonal period can last up to 160/165 days...so by my calculations that's mid April... what will or should happen at that point?

I have another seasonal job for summers that starts in May and my availability will change greatly. I have worked for them longer and do not want to change my availability for them to accommodate my current Target availability.

Should I stay on past my seasonal term if asked or should I resign with 2 weeks notice because my availability will be horrible? But once October rolls around I would definitely want to go back to Target as my availability will be wide open again. I know they hire almost anyone that breathes during holiday season, I'm not concerned about be rehired, I'm more concerned that after the holidays they won't keep me again because of my unique situation with my summertime job.

Help!

Ok so I started as a seasonal cashier this past November, 10th. I was one of 6 kept on after mid January. I originally only applied as a way to make extra money for Xmas but once Xmas was over I was really hoping to be kept on, and I was. I really enjoy my job and get along well with everyone. I'm assuming I'm still coded as seasonal because when I was hired I was told their seasonal period can last up to 160/165 days...so by my calculations that's mid April... what will or should happen at that point?

I have another seasonal job for summers that starts in May and my availability will change greatly. I have worked for them longer and do not want to change my availability for them to accommodate my current Target availability.

Should I stay on past my seasonal term if asked or should I resign with 2 weeks notice because my availability will be horrible? But once October rolls around I would definitely want to go back to Target as my availability will be wide open again. I know they hire almost anyone that breathes during holiday season, I'm not concerned about be rehired, I'm more concerned that after the holidays they won't keep me again because of my unique situation with my summertime job.

Help!

If your looking to come back just ask for an LOA or quit and come back when your ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back