Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the coupon scans it doesnt always ask for override. I've also had manual entries go thru for cashiers without putting my numbers in.

In general though any coupon over 5 may need numbers.

There are NO $20 DVD Coupons in existence. Nor are there any Coupons (high value & rarely of any value) for Gift Cards, Flash Drives, Anything really Electronics.

Most Coupons are issued for Food, HBA, and Kitchen stuff. Rarely will you ever encounter a fake Target web coupon, but Guests will sometimes try to throw them in without purchasing any of the items.

I know Disney & Fox will sometimes offer $3-$5 coupons for new release titles, but never for 70% or more Value..

The Energizer Coupon was legitimate, if it was printed on shiny flimsy paper, with a hologram. Those are issued if a guest calls the company and complains about there batteries. If it was a Internet Coupon, or a Regular coupon without hologram, it was not legitimate.

Almost any Free item Coupon, will have a Holagram. If something seems Fishy, always call over your GSTL/GSA, and make sure AP knows the situation.

You'd be surprised the things "Guests" try to get away with. Free Xbox Games, iPods, even a PS3.. Nah, we don't accept those. Your welcome to try Walmart down the street though.

Another "dead giveaway" is the "any item FREE" or "on any *BRAND* item". Most manufacturer coupons are for *specific* items or at the very least a specific "type" of product by that brand. Popular ones are for batteries, "Kraft" brand items, "Coke" brand items, baby items. You can go http://www.couponinformationcenter.com/psa-list.php to see a list of fraudulent ones...

Really Good Advice, too :)

Sonicare also regularly offers $5-15 off coupons for the toothbrushes/new heads. That's simply because the darned things are so expensive to begin with.

There are NO $20 DVD Coupons in existence. Nor are there any Coupons (high value & rarely of any value) for Gift Cards, Flash Drives, Anything really Electronics.

Most Coupons are issued for Food, HBA, and Kitchen stuff. Rarely will you ever encounter a fake Target web coupon, but Guests will sometimes try to throw them in without purchasing any of the items.

I know Disney & Fox will sometimes offer $3-$5 coupons for new release titles, but never for 70% or more Value..

The Energizer Coupon was legitimate, if it was printed on shiny flimsy paper, with a hologram. Those are issued if a guest calls the company and complains about there batteries. If it was a Internet Coupon, or a Regular coupon without hologram, it was not legitimate.

Almost any Free item Coupon, will have a Holagram. If something seems Fishy, always call over your GSTL/GSA, and make sure AP knows the situation.

You'd be surprised the things "Guests" try to get away with. Free Xbox Games, iPods, even a PS3.. Nah, we don't accept those. Your welcome to try Walmart down the street though.

I once had a guest give me a coupon for a free nintendo 3DS, case, and game. When i told them i couldn't take it they kept arguing with me that the coupon said "any retailer" and that because it said that i had to take it. Then they got really angry and told me they were going to get me fired and asked for the guest relations number. I thought that was funny and gladly gave it to them until my STL received a call the next day about the GSTL saying racial slurs to a guest. LUCKILY my STL knows me and knew it was bs and that it was those guests that called on me!

If you ever work AP.. you'll get called "racist" every time you bust someone, or get caught following them around the store because they have high value merchandise in there cart. You get used to it after a while..

gotta love when guests make up stuff that didn't happen and can't even be misconstrued as to what happened!

I once had a guest accuse me of calling her stupid when I told her that she didn't give me enough money to pay for her purchase and then proceeded to berate me, call me a racist while while she herself was muttering asian racial slurs (clearly directed at me), and tell me that she had several college degrees. Would you like to talk to a manager about this? Let me get him right over.

Last edited:
We have shifted to an all out war against our couponers that come in. When we first see them we make note of what lane they go to. If it is a cashier that I don't entirely trust to deny coupons, I will wait till the couponers unload then I will have the cashier switch out with someone else who will stand up to them. At this point I then have someone else watch the lanes while I do the strength in numbers thing and stand at the end of the lane and watch EVERYTHING.

While I am doing this they will try and distract me with small talk, I know better than that. During these audits I will always catch a couple coupons that they "forgot" were in there and they will then decide to not buy the product. They normally use these coupons to try and chip away at a high value item like an iPod. What do they do with the iPod you ask? They have a side buisness where they resell everything they bought whether it was a coupon product or the higher value item. We have let AP know because they have business cards and everything.

If we have multiple couponers show up at the same time we corral all of them into the same lane so that I can watch every transaction. We don't give them a choice. They don't like us, but they are the ones who provoked us into war!

Yesterday I had a couple women come through my line with $20 off any DVD coupons, four coupons per person. They scanned at POS, but it seemed super fishy to me. They also had $10 off any Energizer product (I adjusted those down as necessary). Anyone else seen these?

Yeah they are both fake. We are having a huge issue with these at my store. I've confirmed with my ETLAP and we don't accept them.

We have shifted to an all out war against our couponers that come in. When we first see them we make note of what lane they go to. If it is a cashier that I don't entirely trust to deny coupons, I will wait till the couponers unload then I will have the cashier switch out with someone else who will stand up to them. At this point I then have someone else watch the lanes while I do the strength in numbers thing and stand at the end of the lane and watch EVERYTHING.

While I am doing this they will try and distract me with small talk, I know better than that. During these audits I will always catch a couple coupons that they "forgot" were in there and they will then decide to not buy the product. They normally use these coupons to try and chip away at a high value item like an iPod. What do they do with the iPod you ask? They have a side buisness where they resell everything they bought whether it was a coupon product or the higher value item. We have let AP know because they have business cards and everything.

If we have multiple couponers show up at the same time we corral all of them into the same lane so that I can watch every transaction. We don't give them a choice. They don't like us, but they are the ones who provoked us into war!

Love this.

Yeah they are both fake. We are having a huge issue with these at my store. I've confirmed with my ETLAP and we don't accept them.

WE DO ACCEPT THEM, Fraudlently though...

THE COUPONS WILL SCAN, REAL OR NOT EVERY TIME.
It's impossible for Target to program every coupon into the register, so POS just reads the barcode and takes the money off.

The key is though.. is having a Cashier say, Yay or Nay. There are no real $20 off coupons for a $19.99 Product. Neither are there $10 coupons for $11 batteries.

These should be somewhat obvious...

WE DO ACCEPT THEM, Fraudlently though...

THE COUPONS WILL SCAN, REAL OR NOT EVERY TIME.
It's impossible for Target to program every coupon into the register, so POS just reads the barcode and takes the money off.

The key is though.. is having a Cashier say, Yay or Nay. There are no real $20 off coupons for a $19.99 Product. Neither are there $10 coupons for $11 batteries.

These should be somewhat obvious...

Yes, you're right. Our registers accept the barcodes on these fake coupons.

I was referring to my store, as in myself and my leaders, do not accept these fake coupons. We tell the guests that we won't take then.

There is also the buy one get one free that scans ( it is a real coupon) but it automatically deduct the full up to amaount!
The last one was buy a venus disposable razor get one free ,and the product was. $5.98 and auto deducted $10.99.
I caught it,and guest was not too happy and wanted the full $10.99 because the register scanned it that way ! GStl came to my rescue!

The item was a clearance item, what a surprise.

For a lot of BOGO manufacturer coupons, it's going to deduct the maximum amount stated on the coupon, regardless of the actual price of the item. Many times the "Pick Item" selection will pop up and regardless of what you pick, it's still going to deduct the maximum amount allotted on the coupon. The guest probably complained about the adjustment because most other stores will end up giving the overage and applying it to other items in their transaction (with the idea that they can apply overage to other items, but not get cash back for it).

BP will tell you to scan and not adjust, everyone else will tell you to adjust because you know they are going to return those razors tomorrow. Along with the electric shavers, cartridges, electric toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, those boxes of mop cleaner wipes, fisher-price toys, OTC medicine, Glade/Airwick fragrances, detergent, cleaning chemicals, diapers, baby formula and all sorts of other things you can find online and in your Sunday newspaper.

Last edited:
There is a place on the coupon to write the amount for the free item,that is what I did !
I guess BP to not adjust down is for the $2 off ( for something that is $1.99, we don't adjust down),but something up to $10.99 ,well,i am supposed to write the amount and key in the price!
I also coupon,it's fun to save money,but some people go way over board with it:
It scans ,therefore you must accept it.
It doesn't scan,but I have the item right here.
You don't know your own store policy,you have to accept it .
You don't have to read everything on the coupn
You have to read everything
One per guest ,but the computer let me print 2 !!! You have to let me use 2...
I want to talk to the store manager ,you missed 50 cents off!
Ughhhhhh

There is also the buy one get one free that scans ( it is a real coupon) but it automatically deduct the full up to amaount!
The last one was buy a venus disposable razor get one free ,and the product was. $5.98 and auto deducted $10.99.
I caught it,and guest was not too happy and wanted the full $10.99 because the register scanned it that way ! GStl came to my rescue!

Had one of these ladies yesterday....when I adjusted the price down, she decided she didn't want it....she then proceeded to walk into the razor aisle and pick up more, which I found out later from AP she attempted to purchase at the front lanes. She managed to chose the (probably) only cashier who was smart enough to catch the price difference and adjust the coupon down~LOL! FAIL!!!!

I usually don't like people who use a buch of coupons, but I had a guest yesterday who between her stack of coupons and her Red Card saved almost $86. I was impressed.

I usually don't like people who use a buch of coupons, but I had a guest yesterday who between her stack of coupons and her Red Card saved almost $86. I was impressed.

They're ok if they actually have the items that the coupons are for. I had one such guest the other day who also had a Target mobile coup with four applicable offers and Cartwheel for two offers. Oh, and she had a Target debit card. The ladies behind her in line were pretty wowed.

Has anyone thought about these BOGO's that give a guest the full amount in this manner:

If Target gets reimbursed for the amount that the coupon scans for which in this is case $10.99 and then a cashier adjusts the amount down to $5.98 making it a true BOGO. So the guest pays $5.98 for the first one and gets one free. Target is then making $10.99 on the coupon plus an extra $5.98 for the one the guest paid for. So my question would be who in this situation should get the better deal? Target making an extra $5 above what they normally would for selling two packs of razors, or a guest getting an awesome deal of two packs of razors for about $1?

I know there are many reasons this is frequently an annoying issue, but maybe that's why BP says to not adjust the value of a coupon in this situation?

I have a question about cartwheel, I used it myself once. Not sure if there is a thread for it, but it seems like cartwheel is redcard for people who don't want a redcard, it's 5% savings multiple times on items you add.

Has anyone thought about these BOGO's that give a guest the full amount in this manner:

If Target gets reimbursed for the amount that the coupon scans for which in this is case $10.99 and then a cashier adjusts the amount down to $5.98 making it a true BOGO. So the guest pays $5.98 for the first one and gets one free. Target is then making $10.99 on the coupon plus an extra $5.98 for the one the guest paid for. So my question would be who in this situation should get the better deal? Target making an extra $5 above what they normally would for selling two packs of razors, or a guest getting an awesome deal of two packs of razors for about $1?

I know there are many reasons this is frequently an annoying issue, but maybe that's why BP says to not adjust the value of a coupon in this situation?

Either way, the manufacturer is getting cheated. Improper use constitutes fraud. It's simply not ethical.

I disagree on the bogo, it says UP to $10.99, so if our price is 7.99, then we should enter 7.99. If it was a $10 off coupon, then it would be a different story.

Anyone else have the couponers filling carts with travel size items even when the coupons say not for use on trial size?

Or my other favorite, the stayfree coupons that say limit one per PERSON?

My sr gstl and i love busting these fraudsters. We had a guest that cut coupons in half so all that was left was the bar code and fine print, no picture, no product description, no expiration date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back