Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've rung up the same extreme couponer a few times. She would buy close to $200+ worth of stuff and use paper coupons, cartwheel, and multiple $5 off mobile coupons that always rang up "no items available for this coupon" and get her total down to around $5.00. I have no idea what these mobile coupons are for; all I see is "$5 off" on the top of the screen. Whenever the topic of coupons comes up during huddles, we're told to accept anything ("Empower the guests! Accept expired ones! Even if there are no items for the coupon, take it anyway-- we want the guests to feel like they're being taken care of!" blahblahblah).
Has anyone come across these mysterious $5 off mobile coupons and know what they're for? I have a bad feeling about her, but is she actually doing anything wrong?
I was scrolling through a target couponer's instagram and saw she was begging her followers to screenshot their $5/$x cleaning mobile coupons and send them to her. This may be what she was doing.
PS I love your pic/sig :D I've got a girl crush on April/Aubrey

Lately we have been getting a lot of people trying to match amazon.com seller prices which is not allowed. It annoys me because that's like the number one rules and they can't seem to understand that just because you found it on amazon.com doesn't mean that they sell it. It has to say so. I hate coupons, Target should have never started taking them imo.

It's hard when you're making barely over min wage & not getting enough hours to see us giving away so much every day. This week we have coupons in our ad for $5 & $10. If the guests aren't buying enough of or even the right products, no problem! Over and over I saw & heard people getting $10, $15 & $20 off their orders.

="BullseyeBabe, post: 131744, member: 4937"]It's hard when you're making barely over min wage & not getting enough hours to see us giving away so much every day. This week we have coupons in our ad for $5 & $10. If the guests aren't buying enough of or even the right products, no problem! Over and over I saw & heard people getting $10, $15 & $20 off their orders.
Also you would get fired if you tried the same thing.

I was always told to call the gstl for coupons that look fake but then I do and the guest gets mad and complains about itand I get a coaching . I then find out that we take any coupon and regardless if it's the correct product or not. Free coupons that the system gives the statement are to be over ridden. We also can change any price to what the guest states it is without checking. It's a free for all at our target. And if I don't bend over and kiss the guests ass they complain

I'm starting to hate the woman that comes in every day and makes us call the help desk. No matter what unreasonable ridiculous thing she wants they let her do it. Every. Single. Time. She's so smug.

I'm starting to hate the woman that comes in every day and makes us call the help desk. No matter what unreasonable ridiculous thing she wants they let her do it. Every. Single. Time. She's so smug.

You know ...

she can't really see what number you're dialing for the help desk.
It might be fun to get a coworker who knows the lingo to answer the phone and politely turn down all of her coupons.
That should take the wind out of her sails.

Uh, unfortunately no. She demands us to call the help desk and let her talk to them. She's a nightmare.

Exactly.
YOU dial & when the TM (in another locale) answers they answer as the 'help desk'.
They then listen to her unreasonable request before telling her that, due to abuse of past policies, they are unable to comply with her requests.

YES.

That would be great! This woman does not take no for an answer. She will stay on the phone with them forever till she gets whatever she wants. She always tells them she wants a case or incident number (or whatever it's called.) she will also call the guest relations number and have them on the phone at the same time. Sometimes she ties up a GSTM for over an hour or more. She ALWAYS gets her way in the end. I can't stand it! Grrrrrrr!

Exactly.
YOU dial & when the TM (in another locale) answers they answer as the 'help desk'.
They then listen to her unreasonable request before telling her that, due to abuse of past policies, they are unable to comply with her requests.

This is exactly what I meant.
Make sure you get someone who has experience doing phone guest service, knows the lingo, can rattle off the right length number and not start giggling.

If she does the trick of calling the guest relations to play them off, say something about the new email from corporate and didn't they get that yet?

Your only job would be to keep a straight face.

I'm a GSA and I have to deal with these crazy coupon women all the time. Most people dont try and cheat the system but these the handful coming in using way too many coupons and return their stuff to make money. ITS RIDICULOUS!! Lately this one women keeps coming in, shes tried to price match a whole pallet of water, buys full carts of stuff with coupon and tries to return for money she didnt spend. Any time I deny her she calls guest relations and complains. I've talked to the people on the other side and explain the situation and even they say to deny her whole transaction because she is abusing the coupon system. But with this whole 'be bold' if she decides to call my stl he will just do anything for her regardless of the policies and the help desk saying not to do it. I'm At My Wits End!

I'm a GSA and I have to deal with these crazy coupon women all the time. Most people dont try and cheat the system but these the handful coming in using way too many coupons and return their stuff to make money. ITS RIDICULOUS!! Lately this one women keeps coming in, shes tried to price match a whole pallet of water, buys full carts of stuff with coupon and tries to return for money she didnt spend. Any time I deny her she calls guest relations and complains. I've talked to the people on the other side and explain the situation and even they say to deny her whole transaction because she is abusing the coupon system. But with this whole 'be bold' if she decides to call my stl he will just do anything for her regardless of the policies and the help desk saying not to do it. I'm At My Wits End!

You would think that tying the guest up for ages would deter them at some point.

When the help desk says no to the woman I'm talking about she starts asking for the case or incident number. She says she wants it for when she calls corporate. She also is really good at talking in circles. She'll tell the person that they said something they didn't say. She's relentless & it works every time. I hate that it always takes up so much time.

When the help desk says no to the woman I'm talking about she starts asking for the case or incident number. She says she wants it for when she calls corporate. She also is really good at talking in circles. She'll tell the person that they said something they didn't say. She's relentless & it works every time. I hate that it always takes up so much time.
Why doesn't AP just give her a "No Trespass" order (or whatever they call it)? I know ours has done it to some of our "repeat offenders". They are 100% within their rights to do so because "technically", by violating the coupon/return policy, the guest is "stealing" from us, which is an offense for which they can be "banned from the store"....at least that's what our AP guy said....

You would think that tying the guest up for ages would deter them at some point.

I don't know if these people just have huge amounts of free time or what, but it is just not worth it in my opinion. Yes, I could spend anywhere from 10-45 minutes in line arguing and ruining peoples' days to save money, or I could get in and out ASAP, not be a public nuisance/generally crazy, and go home and spend the rest of that time on the internet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back