Archived Angry "Extreme" couponers

Status
Not open for further replies.
First guest yesterday was a family of six. The FILLED a cart of Mac N cheese, I'd say 60 boxes. Then all tried checking out separately, with the 1 cashier we had, and then tried using 4, 2 dollar off coupons off one box. As bad as that is, it was a Cardinas coupon. I have a feeling they'll be in this morning as well. Anyone else have these coupons yet?

Was this, a Internet Printable Coupon? If so, it was either a multiple copied coupon (which we don't get reimbursed for) or a counterfeit coupon (which we also don't get reimbursed either for. I actually did a search, for a $2 Printable Coupon for Mac & Cheese, and couldn't find anything for Target (Up & Up) brand, or Kraft, so if it was for either of those, they were not legitimate.

Even if they were *legit*, we only accept four like coupons per day. We also enforce reasonable "household limits" so a family of 4 or 7, or 20, can only purchase four to five like items per day, even if checking out separately.

Remind these to lines to your GSA or GSTL, and mention it to people during your huddles. It's a great way to cut down on our shrink/loss rate. Also, mention that family to asset protection, I think they'd like to know about it.

I had a woman today get all pissy at me because I wouldn't accept her Enfamil rebate checks that had expired in April.

"Well, I'll just take it to any other target- they'll do it!"

The sad part is that's probably true.

Sure won't here. They get pissy with me for not allowing them to use more than one rebate check per item too, and usually claim we did last time. I'm sure some of them are lying, but I'm pretty sure some of them just got newbie cashiers who indeed did do it last time, which is rather annoying. I do accept 3 such coupons if they are buying three different enfamil products (GSTL stated it was fine to do so, though not sure if best policy to do so since coupons say limit of 1 per purchase, but that seems a bit pedantic and a question of what "purchase" means), but not three on the same product.

I hate couponers so much. They always wait until the end to pull out their millions of coupons and I don't even remember which stuff they got or how many of them and it's a huge effing pain. I usually make them show me everything before I k1 it. I know the couponers target me because half the time when I'm up for backup, I look just fed up enough with being on register that they expect me to k1 everything. Noooooooope (Lana Kane voice). I'm just petty enough to put these people through the b.s. The gstl just says to hit k1 half the time, but I noticed that last coupon lady kept saying my name like she wanted to remember me. Remember me for how difficult I was and don't come back to my line again, witch.

I've been cussed out a few times in other languages, buuut I still read fine print and make them dig through their bags for things. There should be coupon dedicated lines just like there are express lanes. That way the people who can handle these awful people are the only ones who have to deal with them. Prob not enough cashiers for that, though.

There should be coupon dedicated lines just like there are express lanes. That way the people who can handle these awful people are the only ones who have to deal with them. Prob not enough cashiers for that, though.

Don't forget the guests who feel they don't have to read the signs. For every guest who brings an overflowing cart of softlines merchandise to an express lane, at least seven extreme couponers would go to a regular "non-couponer" lane.

Yeaaa, that's true. The other day I was on a 15 buying something and the gstl was attempting to speed weave or whatever. Somehow a lady with a cart full of stuff jumps in express and I said something to her because the gstl sent a girl with a few items in her hand over there and she got stuck behind this lady. Also because I was running out of time. The lady played dumb! She acted like she didn't get what I was saying about 10 items. I hate the front lanes. I did find a tm who was about to escape from backup to take me and the girl because I felt bad.

6UryX5O.jpg

WHY

Why? So she can return all of the stuff later, I'm sure, judging by the coupons.

I actually had someone come up to guest services the other day with a whole bag of HBA stuff with the actual receipt with all of the coupons shown in their bright and shining glory. She attempted to just give me two items to see if I would do those two. I took one look at the receipt with all of the coupons and told her due to the number of coupons and returns she was trying to do, she needed to process the return at the original store. A drop in the bucket, but I do what I can.

I could go on a long rant about Extreme Couponing (the show). All they want is to show extreme savings, whether it's legitimate couponing or 100% fraud.

There was a 16 year old kid on one episode that bought (34) 12-packs of toilet paper. He had (34) coupons for a free 12-pack, but they were all fake. His mother paid the store for the coupons since they were not reimbursed. He was on another episode of Extreme Couponing.

Heck, EC even emailed ME and asked if I wanted to be on the show. I basically said they'll allow me to show realistic, ethical couponing, or they can shove it. Guess what their decision was.

And Jail'me...she's been committing fraud for years. She decodes coupon barcodes and finds something cheap that will work. For example, she used a $5 Windex Kit coupon (meant for a $14.99 item) on a single bottle, which was $2.99.

</rant>

I could go on a long rant about Extreme Couponing (the show). All they want is to show extreme savings, whether it's legitimate couponing or 100% fraud.

There was a 16 year old kid on one episode that bought (34) 12-packs of toilet paper. He had (34) coupons for a free 12-pack, but they were all fake. His mother paid the store for the coupons since they were not reimbursed. He was on another episode of Extreme Couponing.

Heck, EC even emailed ME and asked if I wanted to be on the show. I basically said they'll allow me to show realistic, ethical couponing, or they can shove it. Guess what their decision was.

And Jail'me...she's been committing fraud for years. She decodes coupon barcodes and finds something cheap that will work. For example, she used a $5 Windex Kit coupon (meant for a $14.99 item) on a single bottle, which was $2.99.

</rant>
Some of the ethical coupon bloggers have detailed examples of fraud she commits on every show. Why is she still on TV?

Couponing is one thing; returning them for financial gain is another.
Sounds like the show is dipping into the realm of fraud & I only hope that manufacturers take note.

Going to a register and asking where person X is

Why? So she can return all of the stuff later, I'm sure, judging by the coupons.

Awh, No. Retail Girl. Jaime doesn't return, she just's worse. Skip to 4 Minutes. Every Single Freakin Coupon is K1'D. Not a single item is purchased for the actual coupon.

@oath2order Your store AP, must be horrible. So many memos were sent out about her, and I'm just shocked she was even able to walk in without getting arrested.

She has been trespassed from Target, for almost 3 years now. Legally, she's not allowed on ANY Target property. She needs to be detained the moment she walks in, and cops should be called.

I notice in that stack are $10 off Crest Whitening Strip coupons. Which clearly state "Cashier, Please verify purchase. Use of this coupon without proper use constitutes fraud." In Big, Red Letters.

That's Jaimes favorite coupon. She loads up on Tide Detergent, Bounty Paper Towels, and always uses CWS Coupons to pay for them. AP could have, and should have detained her just for that.

Awh, No. Retail Girl. Jaime doesn't return, she just's worse. Skip to 4 Minutes. Every Single Freakin Coupon is K1'D. Not a single item is purchased for the actual coupon.

@oath2order Your store AP, must be horrible. So many memos were sent out about her, and I'm just shocked she was even able to walk in without getting arrested.

She has been trespassed from Target, for almost 3 years now. Legally, she's not allowed on ANY Target property. She needs to be detained the moment she walks in, and cops should be called.

We just got a bunch of new AP so that might be it.

Do you have a source for sayibg shes banned

Do you have a source for sayibg shes banned

It should be in your AP Database. Heck, knowing she's committed $30,000+ of Fraud, at Maryland Target Stores, I'm shocked as fuck, that there aren't posters in your break room, talking about her.

Your GSA/GSTL Should be well aware of her, and Cashiers being trained, should know about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back