COVID-19 Any other stores being cleaned out of cleaning products?

I used to like the Karen's who would begin their needy request with: "I NEED you to go to the back room and.... yada yada...." No, you need to shut your mouth...

So after dropping 86 bucks for three big cans of Lysol on Ebay, of course the next week our local grocery store gets some in and my sister scores two small cans, and then last week we actually got some in our store and I scored a big can, lol. No regrets though, now I've got plenty.

So after dropping 86 bucks for three big cans of Lysol on Ebay, of course the next week our local grocery store gets some in and my sister scores two small cans, and then last week we actually got some in our store and I scored a big can, lol. No regrets though, now I've got plenty.
We apparently got some earlier in the week and it says 36 cans are on the way next weekend. It seems theyā€™re finally getting the supply up a bit.

I used to like the Karen's who would begin their needy request with: "I NEED you to go to the back room and.... yada yada...." No, you need to shut your mouth...

Lol, yeah. I love the people who are like "Well, I see that you have 24 feet of empty shelves here but CLEARLY you must have plenty in the back..."

Iā€™m guessing suppliers are prioritizing toilet paper over paper towels for manufacturing. You can sbstitute dish rags, old rags, or sponges for paper towels. What are you going to use instead of toilet paper, that wonā€™t damage sewer or septic systems?

Also, raw materials maybe being diverted for mask manufacturing.

I don't think that's it--they're pretty different from a manufacturing standpoint. In doing a bit of digging, it looks like it's similar to cleaning supplies. Majorly increased demand without the ability to spin up a production line on a whim (or increase supply of raw materials, etc.). TP has leveled out because they were able to shift some resources from commercial products to retail products and demand has stayed pretty predictable, but cleaning supplies (including paper towels) aren't the same, particularly with Covid on the rise as much as it is.

Weā€™re actually doing fine with paper towels now. I guess people arenā€™t hoarding them anymore.

I expect our stock of weights to improve too, theyā€™re reopening gyms in September here.

What's the deal with the paper towels?

It has only been the last couple of weeks that we don't have them.

We have plenty of toilet paper.
We've been almost wiped out every day. We are getting them but they sell like hotcakes. The grocery next door always has them in stock, so maybe people just like our prices?

I've got a nice stash of tp and paper towels and I'm starting to stock up on facial tissue too. Winter is coming...

We've been almost wiped out every day. We are getting them but they sell like hotcakes. The grocery next door always has them in stock, so maybe people just like our prices?

I've got a nice stash of tp and paper towels and I'm starting to stock up on facial tissue too. Winter is coming...

I'm stocking up on everything! This week it was a couple bags of rice and a few packages of pasta.

Wow, oh wow. I thought the $10.49 I saw at CVS was too much this week.

Yep, we are stocking up (not hoarding), too. If a second wave of COVID-19 hits in the fall we will be prepared, if not, a little less shopping we will have to do in the future.
Oh yeah, always need things like soup, pasta, and paper goods.

Our local grocery store has been getting these cubes of winter-themed tissue every holiday season. Last year they had a whole endcap filled with them after Christmas marked down to 49 cents a box. I think I bought 40 of them. Still have two left. šŸ˜

Back