COVID-19 Any other stores being cleaned out of cleaning products?

Damned smug asshole, public service by redistributing items from one area to another. Yeah, I hope that Washinton is right, the law follows end destination, and I also hope other state AGs are equally creative.

From the last sentence, he is likely going to lose money, the article shamed him into saying he will donate.

Was your truck finished when the doors opened?

Yeah.

If I leave any push behind it’s stuff like domestics or furniture as that’s not what people want right now. Chem, Pharmacy, HBA, Babies 100% needs to be done.

One morning we cut it close though. I was pulling back empty pallets from the bulk paper we pushed to the back and the mob almost ran into me.

I think people are thinking ahead of what they DON’T want to run OUT of. Hence: canned goods, pasta, diapers, tp, litter, medicines, cleaning products. In case stores close or run out I guess.
Seems reasonable to be prepared but sales should level/go down until all these pre-purchases have been used up.

I'm starting to stock up on cat food and kitty litter, a little more each paycheck. I can survive off of the dried lentils in the back of the pantry and can wash washcloths frequently if need be. They don't understand that a crisis is happening and they would have to switch foods (and one will starve himself, I've seen him get noticeably thin during an attempted food change) and poop in an empty box. They're innocent and unknowing, they shouldn't suffer. And lentils can taste good when seasoned right.

I'm starting to stock up on cat food and kitty litter, a little more each paycheck. I can survive off of the dried lentils in the back of the pantry and can wash washcloths frequently if need be. They don't understand that a crisis is happening and they would have to switch foods (and one will starve himself, I've seen him get noticeably thin during an attempted food change) and poop in an empty box. They're innocent and unknowing, they shouldn't suffer. And lentils can taste good when seasoned right.
I got cat food & litter too. 🐱 🐈 🐱

Yep.

I understand having the cat litter on hand, I have it as well. But I don't understand it being completely sold out from stores.

I think people are thinking ahead of what they DON’T want to run OUT of. Hence: canned goods, pasta, diapers, tp, litter, medicines, cleaning products. In case stores close or run out I guess.

Also, if they want to stay home as much possible. That's pretty much where we're at in my household. My husband is the SAHD and will be home with the kids. I'm out taking the risk (for the time being) doing the jobs thing, but if I can make sure we have supplies laid in so they can have what they need and I only need to pick up perishables after my shifts, all the better.

I understand having the cat litter on hand, I have it as well. But I don't understand it being completely sold out from stores.

Same reason why baby wipes, tissue, and food be sold out. They look at pets as a member of the family too so they grabbing essentials for their pets too.

I know I am in a state with a lot Covid-19 aka Corona virus activity but our store positively has been ransacked for any and all disinfecting products, hand sanitizer, wipes, spray. Anyone else seeing this at their store? Or just where I live people are in full panic mode?
Ahhh how young and innocent we were back then... When we still didn't know it was even possible for every store to have empty shelves throughout market. When we didn't know it was possible to have black friday lines in March... Back when if you said tp was empty it meant there were a few holes in the aisle...
Oh to be young again...

Last edited:
My local supermarket has now had the cat litter aisle sold out.... I don't understand that. Are those who missed out on the toilet paper hoarding planning to go in a litter box?
I hope not! Seriously, it's just cat owners not wanting to run out of a necessity. I bought a bag of dog food when the open one was only half gone. Usually, I'd wait longer.

With adding as many hrs as our store has I have to wonder what May and the end of Apr are going to look like for hours. Its going to be Feb all over again—so many hrs used in Dec nothing left in Feb.
Yep, which is why the next few paychecks will be sweet and banked as much as possible to be ready for when it's lean again.
Was thinking today that this is sort of like 4th quarter except in different parts of the store. And then I thought that it's a really good thing this didn't happen during 4th quarter. Sure, people would have placed online orders but that wouldn't replace all the impulse purchases made by people who like to browse.

We're getting 4 double trucks this week, plus people calling in sick (or "sick" hard to say) so they're trying to get people to come in. Some of our TMs work restaurant jobs as their main gigs, so they should be able to fill extra hours. I hope.

The new run is Pepcid soon to be out of stock

pepcid_1_1_d_pepcid_complete-n_0.jpg

Did they really have to give a number? Now people will be swallowing 9x the maximum daily dose on the bottle. ☠☠☠

I had a lady buy 4 boxes yesterday of the up and up brand. I had already heard about the study but wow, it doesn't take long for people to freak out and panic buy everything.

Was thinking today that this is sort of like 4th quarter except in different parts of the store. And then I thought that it's a really good thing this didn't happen during 4th quarter.

It probably will this fall. Round 2 of Covid-19 is expected to arrive in fall. Some authorities (and I use that term loosely) surmise that it will be worse than what we have going on right now. Combined with the predictions that those who do have immunity, may only have it for 2-6 years.

I had a lady buy 4 boxes yesterday of the up and up brand. I had already heard about the study but wow, it doesn't take long for people to freak out and panic buy everything.

I have the generic on hand since one of the meds my dog takes gives him terrible heartburn so he has pepcid with every meal. Always scoop three boxes when I see it in stock. Cause a 30 count box is 15 days worth if the people in the house don't "borrow" some.

It probably will this fall. Round 2 of Covid-19 is expected to arrive in fall. Some authorities (and I use that term loosely) surmise that it will be worse than what we have going on right now. Combined with the predictions that those who do have immunity, may only have it for 2-6 years.

Yes, and COVID-19 plus the usual flu will probably be awful. But, I hope by then, we'll all be used to the way we have to do things now with masks and keeping distance. Online orders will be even more than now so our expanded area for drive-up orders will probably have to be expanded again.
A safe and effective vaccine can't get here soon enough.

Back