Any tips to get Target Circle and/or Red Card signups?

I get a lot of circle sign ups by knowing the top deals and watching what's going into people's carts. I let them know how much they can save. Right now I'm targeting college students to verify status and signing up. Let them know how much you have personally saved and show them how easy it is to scan items as they put them into their carts. Unlike many other stores, they don't have to go through all of the offers to save on what they're buying. Tell them that they can use any method of payment to use circle...they don't have to sign up for a credit card if they don't want to, but if they do they will save another 5%. Let them know that they can stack the savings by using circle, sales, coupons, and redcard. Starbucks offers are a big draw to circle. Watch for them and let guests know about it and that they can use their Starbucks app and circle. Many sign up just for that.

Mainly Target Circle.
Circles are easy especially if they were like " I thought they were 10% off". Target people you know have a smart phone- " are you using Target circle to get 1% back?" If they are like yeah how? Then you explain how it works plus the potential to save more.

For credit you have to ask every guest that isn't using a Redcard. EVERY guest. That's how I kept my apps up at my old job. But credit was everything for years there.

My store seems to have pretty much forgotten about Red Cards or Circle sign ups. There seems to be not a care in the world, except that applications take more time and could make for moe calls for backup when we do not even have the bodies on the salefloor to spend all the hours we have even allowing good workers as much OT as they want.

However, when my store did care, a tip I learned from our best Red Card getter. Just tell every guest, "Your total comes to $X.XX unless you're paying with a Red Card." For Circle I modified that to, "You'll need to enter your phone number if you have a Circle account and want to use discount offers today, otherwise you can just hit skip."

My store seems to have pretty much forgotten about Red Cards or Circle sign ups. There seems to be not a care in the world, except that applications take more time and could make for moe calls for backup when we do not even have the bodies on the salefloor to spend all the hours we have even allowing good workers as much OT as they want.

However, when my store did care, a tip I learned from our best Red Card getter. Just tell every guest, "Your total comes to $X.XX unless you're paying with a Red Card." For Circle I modified that to, "You'll need to enter your phone number if you have a Circle account and want to use discount offers today, otherwise you can just hit skip."
You do realize that entering the phone number only sends the 1% of the transaction to the circle account and doesn't access any of the saved offers, right? The bar code has to be scanned for that.

Circles are easy especially if they were like " I thought they were 10% off". Target people you know have a smart phone- " are you using Target circle to get 1% back?" If they are like yeah how? Then you explain how it works plus the potential to save more.
Unless you get a lt of seniors in line who don't wanna be bothered with it.

You do realize that entering the phone number only sends the 1% of the transaction to the circle account and doesn't access any of the saved offers, right? The bar code has to be scanned for that.

Really? I'm pretty sure I've gotten saved offers by entering my phone number while shopping. But, if that's not the case, I don't care. I'm GM. If I'm on a register, my goal is to get the fuck off as quickly as possible. I've got a long list of things I need to get to in my area.

Unless you get a lt of seniors in line who don't wanna be bothered with it.
They can still sign up on a desk top computer. They would just need to know what they are gonna buy and check before they go shopping. Still earn the 1% even if they didn't click anything. They just need a phone number instore. Now they may not have a computer or still not interested then offer the debit card. Comes right out of their bank account, no credit check just need to ssn to verify identity to comply with patriot act, and a blank check.

Not necessarily. A guest can access Target Circle offers on other devices via the Target web site. They would need to log into the target.com account, browse the offers and select any offers they are interested in. The selected offers will come up under their cell phone number, assuming they have selected the correct product type (brand, size, flavor etc.) eligible for the Circle deal.

Not necessarily. A guest can access Target Circle offers on other devices via the Target web site. They would need to log into the target.com account, browse the offers and select any offers they are interested in. The selected offers will come up under their cell phone number, assuming they have selected the correct product type (brand, size, flavor etc.) eligible for the Circle deal.
At checkout? That's not what I was told.

The best way to get target circle sign ups is to push aside all your prejudices about older people. Many will sign up. Some won't, but give them a chance. Also, when you pitch it, say "Are you a member of target circle?" or "Would you like to enter your number for target circle?" Don't tell people to hit skip until they decline.

At checkout? That's not what I was told.
As a Target Circle member who uses the Target app, occasionally I have a dead cellphone at checkout. Any offers I have already saved onto Circle do in fact come up when I type in my cellphone number. So you were given inaccurate information.

I have been signing new hires up for the debit card so they can use their discount since most younger people don't carry cash.
The problem is we cannot take Debit Redcard applications unless the guest brings a voided paper check. They have to apply online. Depending on where the new TM or guest lives, your store might or might not get credit for the Redcard signup.

I don't know who in hades is advising young people not to carry cash.

Back