Archived Ask any Instocks/Backroom Questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does leadership feel about burning batches through the computer (printing a BR location label & pulling up the detail report) for areas we can't get to? For example, we had to leave the frozen batch in the gun because of 2 massive pallets blocking half the freezer. Would you generally be ok with burning the batches to keep the CAF score high or letting them sit?

How does leadership feel about burning batches through the computer (printing a BR location label & pulling up the detail report) for areas we can't get to? For example, we had to leave the frozen batch in the gun because of 2 massive pallets blocking half the freezer. Would you generally be ok with burning the batches to keep the CAF score high or letting them sit?
I move a pallet and do the batches.

Few problems...

1. The product is not going to the floor, so it can't be sold

2. If your just printing off the location label and then M-deleting, you just created more problems. If instead your using the detail report to hand enter DPCIs to pull and then backstock back into location then you are wasting a lot of time, which brings me to number 3.

3. In all that time it took you to print off location labels, "pull" and backstock the product back into location, you probably could have just moved the pallets.

Last edited:
Why don't you just pull the pallets out into the hallway, pull the batches, and then put the pallets back? Or better yet, pull the pallets out and move things around in the cooler so that the pallets will fit properly and you only need to move tubs/carts/green racks around if space is tight.

I doubt either of those options would take longer than burning batches through the computer like you described.

What happens to pog batches that have been dropped but not pulled? (IE- new salesplanner batch not pulled bc carry forward and already full; do these batches simply expire from the system?)

Essentially, yes. But the new pog flag isnt, so to redrop the batch you have to break and retire the pog.
Thank you. Just needed to confirm. Was told carry forward pogs do not need their batches pulled (to drop, but only manually pull needed products) so I wanted to make sure this does not affect scores or any other work center.

Thank you. Just needed to confirm. Was told carry forward pogs do not need their batches pulled (to drop, but only manually pull needed products) so I wanted to make sure this does not affect scores or any other work center.

You can also use this as an intelligent purge. Since the mpg logic is awful, I would tie, new pog, break, new pog, etc. Pull the 3 batches and that way you get ALL of the product, instead of messing with mpg or pog fill, which is really never right.

hey how do I fix my oos...I have been able to improve location accuracy ff caf timeliness just having issues with oos....I can really use your help

My TL wants me to write down any ff items we don't have. Not sure what he's gonna do with that. Also not sure why I need to write them down when there's a report.

My TL wants me to write down any ff items we don't have. Not sure what he's gonna do with that. Also not sure why I need to write them down when there's a report.

Do those items have accurate OH counts? If they're zero but still popping up in FF orders, then there's a problem and it's time to get on MySupport.

At my store, TMs working FF orders have to partner with a TL to look for items they can't find (see: softlines) because our backroom TL was pissed about our scores.

Do those items have accurate OH counts? If they're zero but still popping up in FF orders, then there's a problem and it's time to get on MySupport.

When a new FF order drops in, it automatically subtracts the item from the count. So if you are supposed to pick one of an item, but it is showing 0 OH, that means there is actually 1 OH.

If it's a negative amount, then it would be an issue.

What does early morning backroom (5 am) do? Someone put a shift up and my insanity is thinking about picking it up.

Pulls and back stocks. If you don't have any backroom experience then you need to ask the TL or ETL over the Backroom before you sign up for the shift as you'll need some amount of training.

They're cracking down on people simply hitting "not found" for FF in my store when we had one week with 60+ unfulfilled orders. So now we also have to partner with the LOD while we look for the item, and if we still can't find it we write it on the list and have them zero the count. I thought it was just my store, but I guess it's a growing thing as we all try to get our scores up.

They're cracking down on people simply hitting "not found" for FF in my store when we had one week with 60+ unfulfilled orders. So now we also have to partner with the LOD while we look for the item, and if we still can't find it we write it on the list and have them zero the count. I thought it was just my store, but I guess it's a growing thing as we all try to get our scores up.
We've been doing that at my store. Our score was red last week for picked on time (we were still first in our district). I used to do some quick shopping on my last break when I closed, but now I've been ordering it online for PUIS if possible lol.

What happens to pog batches that have been dropped but not pulled? (IE- new salesplanner batch not pulled bc carry forward and already full; do these batches simply expire from the system?)
The answer previously given was incorrect. POG batches will drop into CAFs for their respective departments if they're not pulled in a certain amount of time. A TL at my store uses this to his advantage (albeit to backroom's disadvantage) by setting sales planners with product from the home. Then when the batch drops into a CAF, the home gets "magically" full again.

What does early morning backroom (5 am) do? Someone put a shift up and my insanity is thinking about picking it up.

You're backroom day, right? Early AM backroom pulls the autofills and works backstock from the flow team (as well as blackline from the truck if your store doesn't do push-all). Depending on your store's flow process, you may also be responsible for pushing an area before you start backstocking.

philosoraptor-human-dancers.jpg

The answer previously given was incorrect. POG batches will drop into CAFs for their respective departments if they're not pulled in a certain amount of time. A TL at my store uses this to his advantage (albeit to backroom's disadvantage) by setting sales planners with product from the home. Then when the batch drops into a CAF, the home gets "magically" full again.
This is only true if the aisle is flagged for reset. New items will not carry into caf. Next time you set a new pog that is 100% transition, don't pull the batch. After 72 hours it will erase and not drop in to your cafs.

When this holds true, it only serves as a way to make sure you aren't doing double work, for example if you reset salsa, drop a new pog batch, it only pulls what's needed and it uses accumulator data to garner what's on the floor. The way it used to work, unsure if it works this way still, was when a normal pog is reset, while the batch is in, your caff pull would not trigger those items until the deficit is greater than what's called for in the pog batch, otherwise when you pull the pog batch, you will have backstock. This is why some drop into cafs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back