Audio cues on pos are needed.

It would be nice for the system to beep to get the guests damn attention at self checkout kiosks I always see guests zoned out or looking at their phones and not paying attention to the prompts on the screen 🙄🙄🙄 literally holding up the line

As someone who doesn't work the lanes very often, I would love that. Other than alcohol, I don't know what items do and don't have a prompt, and then I go to scan the next item and its like nah because there's still something on the screen

Agreed. While that BEEP!! the keyboards made on Classic POS were annoying, they got the job done and made sure you looked to see what was on the screen. There are many times when I backup Cashier that I try to scan on scanning without realizing that there's a prompt on the screen stopping me. New POS has really made me miss the Classic POS beep. Would want it to return TBH. Otherwise, the doo-DOO sound the SCOs make would suffice as well.

Also, can a mod merge this into the primary New POS thread? Thanks!

Agreed. While that BEEP!! the keyboards made on Classic POS were annoying, they got the job done and made sure you looked to see what was on the screen. There are many times when I backup Cashier that I try to scan on scanning without realizing that there's a prompt on the screen stopping me. New POS has really made me miss the Classic POS beep. Would want it to return TBH. Otherwise, the doo-DOO sound the SCOs make would suffice as well.

Also, can a mod merge this into the primary New POS thread? Thanks!

that beep would make me wanna kms. it was the WORST when you put the wrong TM ID and then start putting your pin in and it just starts yelling at you.

If it was up to me. we should take the little bong sound from eSCO and throw it on the POS for protection plans and ID checks.

the same functionality as the checkouts would be great but I think we would have to get speakers. Just something different (sound) when the pos needs input from the cashier(how many, square trade, incorrect barcode, id, how much)

Back