Archived Backroom Location Accuracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mammoth

Sr.BRTL
what is the highest backroom Location Accuracy your store has ever posted?

We were in the high 99% range and number one in the group for a while. Current TL doesn't look at or print out metrics.

Remember, corporate said a long time ago to just focus on green... not to be the best! That is why myperformance changed a few years ago so that if you are green, it just shows as #1 in the group. Too many stores wasted payroll on going from 99 to 99.5 to go for that higher ranking, but its a diminishing returns situation. There is little benefit to the store itself to have a 99.5% BRLA instead of a 99%, and that payroll could have been spent on something else.

If that's true, you are cheating.
99.99 for over 8 months straight then came Q4 we are a 55-60 million dollar storeb
yeah, I have a hard time believing you were at 99.99. my store is in the mid 99s and we only had about 80 total errors a few weeks ago. To get to 99.99 that would virtually allow you less then 5-10 errors per week for an 8 month period. I just can't buy into that.

99.99 for over 8 months straight then came Q4 we are a 55-60 million dollar storeb
yeah, I have a hard time believing you were at 99.99. my store is in the mid 99s and we only had about 80 total errors a few weeks ago. To get to 99.99 that would virtually allow you less then 5-10 errors per week for an 8 month period. I just can't buy into that.
I can see it happening in a very large, organized, closed backroom and a culture where m-delete is forbidden.

When i was a TPS I implemented a system of seemingly random audits by AP of the backroom. Not sure what the score was, I know it was always on the high end of green. Scores mean jack. your backroom is not accurate, I guarantee it. I would audit a couple aisles and come out with a flat full of repacks of un-located merch always some salvage. I would normally get through the whole backroom within a month. So its not like its a year long of mistakes, its 1 month of mistakes that make up what I would estimate, not exaggerating, 5-10 pallets of un-located items and at least 1 flat of salvage per month. And Yes backroom team hated me because I would leave it for them to fix :)

I can see it happening in a very large, organized, closed backroom and a culture where m-delete is forbidden.

That's how it was done m delete was not allowed . You'd have to exit a batch locu the location then go back in. Also only backroom tm and overnight flow tms could pull items.

If that's true, you are cheating.

What's your definition of cheating? We didn't use m-delete at all if that's what your referring to. Also it helped that we had one person that would locu all of the bulk locations twice a week

We did detail reports for each aisle weekly also bulk locations were locu'ed

What's your definition of cheating? We didn't use m-delete at all if that's what your referring to. Also it helped that we had one person that would locu all of the bulk locations twice a week
I can only dream of having the payroll to be able to do that.

We did detail reports for each aisle weekly also bulk locations were locu'ed

The only reason your BRLA was high was because of the M-Delete avoidance (which is how the system triggers an error).

The purpose of BRLA is essentially to measure productivity. People brag about it because it shows your team does not make mistakes (and therefore saves you payroll and efficiency). Your process is likely inefficient and unproductive because not only is every mistake taking you a long time to fix on the spot (M-Delete corrects the error within the batch without having to exit to LOCU), but it means the TMs who made the mistake are not able to be tracked through reporting so they keep repeating the mistakes. You therefore need to LOCU more (bulk locations constantly and more location audits) because the root cause to the problem is not being addressed.

This is why Target got rid of the rankings like I said, stores were trying to be the "best" and becoming more inefficient in the process. They would rather you be just slightly above green and spend minimal payroll to do it instead of what was explained there.

The only reason your BRLA was high was because of the M-Delete avoidance (which is how the system triggers an error).

The purpose of BRLA is essentially to measure productivity. People brag about it because it shows your team does not make mistakes (and therefore saves you payroll and efficiency). Your process is likely inefficient and unproductive because not only is every mistake taking you a long time to fix on the spot (M-Delete corrects the error within the batch without having to exit to LOCU), but it means the TMs who made the mistake are not able to be tracked through reporting so they keep repeating the mistakes. You therefore need to LOCU more (bulk locations constantly and more location audits) because the root cause to the problem is not being addressed.

This is why Target got rid of the rankings like I said, stores were trying to be the "best" and becoming more inefficient in the process. They would rather you be just slightly above green and spend minimal payroll to do it instead of what was explained there.
Just get the shit out to the salesfloor. It doesn't sell in the backroom. Make sales and above sales then there is no problem.

Around 97%. There is a bit of a dispute between two ETLs at my store on handling ghosts, and we will be m-deleting going forward so that we can pinpoint who is creating errors. Simply sweeping the problem under the rug by LOCUing just isn't working anymore.

And I don't know what kind of guests ya'll have. . . But every guest I've dealt with. . . If they don't see something they want
. . They will absolutely ask if we have it in back.

99.99? how? you must have a good pog team or backroom must pull their batches and flow team must not backstock ever.

99.99? how? you must have a good pog team or backroom must pull their batches and flow team must not backstock ever.

No m delete detail reports completed daily. Backroom tms were the only one able to oullbbatches pog had to wait for them. Flow team backstocked the truck our flow team is made up of the same team membersfrom when our storeopened 16 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back