Backroom

Target got rid of all backroom positions a few years ago. Their core roles were absorbed into the duties of all DBOs. Receiving expert is really the only position still around (though they are not a 'backroom' team member).

It's possible some stores kept certain team members around to continue acting in the old backroom roles, but this would have been against company directive.

There was a backroom attendant who introduced around this past Q4. A lot of stores didn’t implement it and used the hours to fuck around.

We got the movable backroom aisles and now have a very small backroom team again, but have heard that there may be a TL coming so perhaps that team will be getting bigger and have more to do than they are right now. (backroom hours are very light, so they work in other areas, too.)

We're in the middle of a fulfillment remodel right now and just lost 8 aisles of light duty and a ~72-ft wall of steel. I'm not sure if we'll ever be low and tight again :(

We're in the middle of a fulfillment remodel right now and just lost 8 aisles of light duty and a ~72-ft wall of steel. I'm not sure if we'll ever be low and tight again :(
That sounds bloody painful. and it’ll be even more so with the rather large increase of freight to the stores for yeah know reasons.

That sounds bloody painful. and it’ll be even more so with the rather large increase of freight to the stores for yeah know reasons.
I'm curious how these stores that are going to the collapsible aisles and losing light duty shelving are going to deal with the freight. If space doesn't exist where does it go?

Do they alter the trucks and cut down on inventory?

We were awesome when it came to low and tight as we knew how to properly backstock.
Depends a lot on the DBO, just like the floor presentation does. I've been given compliments on my BR organization, both by TMs at my own store and by some who visit. (We get a quite a few brand-new ETLs who come to my store for training.)
Really bugs me when TMs back stock product in the wrong places, despite my putting up signage.

Back