Archived backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering if any other store does this, but for my store they have the early am team and dayside team people shift mixing all of us up and forgetting we have job title. they say there doing this to be fair. now we all work either morning, mid, or nights.

At my store we have the people who are ONLY there during the morning and then the Closers usually are there at night but sometimes they are there for mid or morning backroom or another workcenter early. One of our Backroom Closers does Pharmacy as well. Another does Flow.

My store does mix up when people work, but mostly due to really bad attendance. We used to have very locked schedules for open, mid, and close, but we'd get half-a-dozen call-offs a week so now we have rolling shifts throughout the day, short shifts, and half shifts. There are a few core TMs who always show up and they get the same shift (the one they want) every day all week, but the rest of the team is all up for grabs. Open today and close tomorrow? Sure, why not.

In general though it's my understanding that there is "Backroom" and "Dayside Backroom" - the first being the openers who handle truck backstock and all that goodness, the "Dayside" team handles CAFs, research, cleaning up for the next morning's start.

i was wondering if any other store does this, but for my store they have the early am team and dayside team people shift mixing all of us up and forgetting we have job title. they say there doing this to be fair. now we all work either morning, mid, or nights.

They do this so the fuck-wits that only work the morning shift can see exactly why "day shift don't get no back-stock done".

My store does mix up when people work, but mostly due to really bad attendance. We used to have very locked schedules for open, mid, and close, but we'd get half-a-dozen call-offs a week so now we have rolling shifts throughout the day, short shifts, and half shifts. There are a few core TMs who always show up and they get the same shift (the one they want) every day all week, but the rest of the team is all up for grabs. Open today and close tomorrow? Sure, why not.

At my store, there are a few people who work whenever, but most of the team generally works in the same part of the day.

In general though it's my understanding that there is "Backroom" and "Dayside Backroom" - the first being the openers who handle truck backstock and all that goodness, the "Dayside" team handles CAFs, research, cleaning up for the next morning's start.

I believe MyTime merged the workcenters. TM availabilities should keep them separate though, especially in overnight stores.

Sorry to jack the thread but what's the difference between backroom day and offsite backroom driver positions? Does the same person pulls and drives to the store or it's different people and do you go to the store every hour after pulling cafs or a few times a day? Sorry for all the questions but I'm moving and a store in the area has a offsite backroom position open (non seasonal)
Thanks

Sorry to jack the thread but what's the difference between backroom day and offsite backroom driver positions? Does the same person pulls and drives to the store or it's different people and do you go to the store every hour after pulling cafs or a few times a day? Sorry for all the questions but I'm moving and a store in the area has a offsite backroom position open (non seasonal)
Thanks

I have a friend that is one. Apparently an Offsite backroom driver is someone who is trained to drive a moving truck in addition to performing the standard roles of a backroom TM.

The trucks schedule can vary depending on your store. Usually its hourly during the holidays and every two during regular times.

My store has an offsite and only the backroom team leads drive the truck and pull/backstock at the offsite. We used to have drivers but that position was eliminated since we no longer use our offsite for a handful of fillgroups. It depends on what your store's routine and setup with the offsite. Tipically drivers do get paid a bit more tho and you're suppose to get DOT certified.

Since this thread is more recent I'm going to ask here. I'm trying to gauge how horribly understaffed our BR is (or not). I work Sat and Sun and we all know this is the busiest time of the year. Our Sat schedule included one BR TM (new person) from 800-130. I was scheduled 10-630 and the closer came in at 4pm. Sunday it was me from 930-530 and the closer from 1200-830 though the HL ETL talked him into staying until 9. Our coverage is really so bad that our closer can't even stay until close. I'm on the 1200-830 shift next Saturday.

Since this thread is more recent I'm going to ask here. I'm trying to gauge how horribly understaffed our BR is (or not). I work Sat and Sun and we all know this is the busiest time of the year. Our Sat schedule included one BR TM (new person) from 800-130. I was scheduled 10-630 and the closer came in at 4pm. Sunday it was me from 930-530 and the closer from 1200-830 though the HL ETL talked him into staying until 9. Our coverage is really so bad that our closer can't even stay until close. I'm on the 1200-830 shift next Saturday.

we usually have an opener 7-3:30 2 mids 10-6:30 11-7:30 and 2 closers 2:30-11

We would need to know the average size of your CAF pulls and what else is expected of your backroom TMs to be able to tell you.

we usually have an opener 7-3:30 2 mids 10-6:30 11-7:30 and 2 closers 2:30-11

It's just me by my lonesome. LOD jumps in to open the compactor door and maybe help with cardboard near the end of the shift.

We would need to know the average size of your CAF pulls and what else is expected of your backroom TMs to be able to tell you.

The CAFs were over 40 both days. I've been scheduled early the last month or so in order to finish grocery backstock from the truck (I have a accomplished this a few times). Other days I backstock toys and most of GM side from the truck. I get stuck making bales almost daily. I think I manage the spectrum of BR tasks on nearly a daily basis while the rest don't care. We also do FF of course.

This was working OK until the seasonal crap poured in. Once that got behind, everything went downhill and our backroom is a disaster. I haven't really been asked to backstock in about a week because of how futile it would be. Have you ever had flow/BR TM come from another store to help your store backstock? We have and they were there again today.

Their store is already clean from today's truck and here is what our grocery side looks like. This is from last weeks truck:

XQDgQ1G.jpg

^^^^ Now there's a site I don't miss at all! :lazy:

Their store is already clean from today's truck and here is what our grocery side looks like. This is from last weeks truck:

XQDgQ1G.jpg

Holy crap, how big is your backroom?! Ours goes up to 22 I think, and I think that technically includes the coolers and the electronics stockroom. How many isles of grocery do you have?

GRC1 starts at 40 and goes A-P. GRC2 is 41 and goes A-P I believe with 33 thrown in for Cereal. GRC3 is 43 and goes A-about H I think. Then you have Snack in 31-32, CNDY and HCDY in 31-30. Beverage is 36, 37, 38.

Dairy is 43, Freezer is 44, Meat is 50. 21 is Chem and 22,23,24 are paper.

Holy crap, how big is your backroom?! Ours goes up to 22 I think, and I think that technically includes the coolers and the electronics stockroom. How many isles of grocery do you have?

At a glance, that looks very similar to the backroom of a store I helped open a few years ago. Their grocery backroom was along the side of the store and was several aisles that were only 2-3 sections deep.

My store's stockroom aisles number from 1-49 for the main sections plus one aisle in dairy, 2 in frozen, 1 in meat, and 3 in electronics.

how long are your 40 batches? I would not have a job if we ever left that much backstock for more than 24 hours.

For that pic of backstock, that's like a normal June day, right now we have pallets along almost are whole backroom, side by side along the bulk rack, they have to move pallets if they need to get behind them for a CAF.

I'm pretty sure our backroom has 100 aisles in the backroom... 4-60 are sectioned to "R" and 60-100 (or where ever it leaves off) are sectioned off to I believe "J" or "L" Our backroom is gigantic compared to all the other stores I have been at for support help. We are always in the top 20 for sales for the company if I remember correctly.

Seriously, add 28 carts of re-shop, Saturdays truck, and 8 flatbeds of seasonal PTMs and we'll talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back