Archived Bad Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new-in-role Etl-Log asked me if we were going to get all the revisions in toys done today. He asked me, a tm, since my Pptl is on vacation.

I said ... We're doing our best to get them done.

His answer ... I don't want your best. I want them done. I want them off the TWT.

There you go. Screw cleaning. Screw guest service. Screw backups. Hell, I even took some of my reshop and dumped it in sporting goods.

But woo hoo!!! We were at 100% when I left.

I wish the damn company would just go under already and close. That would give me more of an incentive to look for a new job.

Working on it. Just sad to see it come to this.

maybe he was just under a lot of stress, and completing that task in particular-- is really the first priority during that time.

I notice that when the STL tells an LOD or ETL that something needs to be done, TM priorities are shuffled in order to accomplish the task - NO MATTER WHAT. My main duties are the Line, dock, BPLS, FURN, PAPR, and backstock. But, when required, I am redirected to do things on the floor if not being done 'fast enough'. So, am I correct in inferring that 'tis the season' where we are going to be moving at break-neck pace to do everything possible even with not enough members and space for product on the shelves or backstock?

You know, when under a lot of stress, some people can get grouchy.

[When I hear negative comments about me, I just look at him , and nothing else seems to matter... kidding!!!]

Seriously though, you need to just LET IT GO, and try not to mind the "talking". That will easily drain your personal energy. Work as best as you can, that's all that you can really do. Don't internalize what people say coz some people say things just coz they their anxious, or battling a million emotions.

Today was particularly bad. After working 8 days in a row and then having 1 day off, I come into a flood of ridicule (most of it not my fault or my area of concern). I have learned today that I should not leave a pallet of paper on the floor 'unattended' (since, after 3 hours of work, I got an unexpected break). But the STL was pissed that I left that pallet of paper sit there in the aisle for like ten minutes possibly infuriating or discouraging guests. From now on, if break time is nigh, I will simply not bring out anything to the floor and proceed to some backstock for the minutes intervening. Cannot win here. Here is that tribal law speaking: Thou shalt stock before all other gods. So, if I do something else like backstock, it is bad. But if I stock but don't drag a pallet of paper to the back before break and drag it back out after break (probably 2-3 minutes of wasted efficiency in the least), I am not being efficient. Ughhhhh!!!!!

Pretty sure we finished everything. Pulled for the whole day and pushed it, but left like 3 electronics revisions in the gun. Oops :)

Sounds like my store. They simply do not care........ So many people have quit ( does that tell you anything) Backroom, Sales floor, Cashiers TLs we are so downhill it isn't even funny. I am not looking forward to the holidays because we used to have a solid crew but with newbies coming in it doesn't look good. I would quit myself but honestly I am burnt on retail ( all retail) and it seems that is all that is hiring near me and of course I could bartend at a local pub near me but my boyfriend works odd hrs and we share the car so that rules that one out..... I guess I'll stick it out for a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back