Archived Battery Shippers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowski

Backroom Ninja / Closing TL
So, there are 2 endcaps with battery shippers this week. I need 6 and I have 2.

This got me thinking there must be a better way of storing these things without back stocking. If you back stock them, the caf will try and pull them for regular sets.

So we put them non located in a high shelf in the electronics Stockroom. Is there any way any of you have found that works really well?

I ended up putting up pegs and filing the missing locations with what we have on hand, so... at least the end caps are full.

So, there are 2 endcaps with battery shippers this week. I need 6 and I have 2.

This got me thinking there must be a better way of storing these things without back stocking. If you back stock them, the caf will try and pull them for regular sets.

So we put them non located in a high shelf in the electronics Stockroom. Is there any way any of you have found that works really well?

I ended up putting up pegs and filing the missing locations with what we have on hand, so... at least the end caps are full.

I work electronics flow and can't stand battery shippers. As you said, if they are backstocked, they just come back out on pulls, so here is what I do: I open the shipper, stock what I can, backstock what was in the shipper, and then place the now empty shipper on an out-of-the-way shelf in electronics lockup (not located). No more shipper headaches...until another one comes in on the truck. :mad:

If nobody ever updates the count on batteries, just leave them in a specific location unlocated. If people do count them (as insane as it is), inform them so they include what's in the shipper or open it, backstock the batteries and then hold the shipper separately. IMO

I get tons of drastic count items because of shippers not being counted properly.

I try to push all the extra batteries to the front end, I don't need any at sidecaps or electronics. Because flow pushes them.

If nobody ever updates the count on batteries, just leave them in a specific location unlocated. If people do count them (as insane as it is), inform them so they include what's in the shipper or open it, backstock the batteries and then hold the shipper separately. IMO

I get tons of drastic count items because of shippers not being counted properly.

We can't get people to stock batteries correctly so we can't ever update counts properly. We spend hours every week sorting out where flow just jams stuff. AA where C cells go? Sure why not! :mad:

We backstock them with the rest of the batteries, so they of course come out in pulls. When pulling, the TM will either burn it, leave it on the shelf out of location, leave it on the floor, or pull it and add it to the pull. And if it's added to the pull, it won't get touched and will be sent right back.

Most of our battery shippers end up on the floor in the electronics stockroom for a few months.

We also label all shippers with the set date, and make sure we tell the tl's of that area they are there. Brtl also emails the tl's when the time is near.

Man, we need a TL who's that on the ball. Our shippers are half and half on the shelf non located or scanned in. In any case, if it's not in that one steel section then it probably doesn't exist anymore.

If I see a battery shipper, I take it, mark in for a planner, and store it in my stockroom.

Thanks for the thoughts :)

An old STL told us never to locate assortments - you can always backstock the individual items in the shipper, and leave the empty shippers unlocated and let the POG TL know where they are.

We just have a tub with a big ol label that says "battery tub" and if we need any (spoiler alert: we never do) we can just grab from it

We just have a tub with a big ol label that says "battery tub" and if we need any (spoiler alert: we never do) we can just grab from it
My store used to do that. At one point we had two two-tier tubs and four shopping carts. It was an absolute mess!

We dedicated one section in the electronics stockroom for batteries and started backstocking them about a year ago and the floor and all outposts have never looked fuller/better.

Battery shippers we have been placing them on shelves beneath our battery wacos, unlocated, and keep a casual eye on what POGs are coming up that require those batteries.

I work electronics flow and can't stand battery shippers. As you said, if they are backstocked, they just come back out on pulls, so here is what I do: I open the shipper, stock what I can, backstock what was in the shipper, and then place the now empty shipper on an out-of-the-way shelf in electronics lockup (not located). No more shipper headaches...until another one comes in on the truck. :mad:
That's a massive waste of time. You should never bust open a shipper to push a little and backstock the rest. Especially s display. It's better to clear the aisle and push the whole display or leave it unlocated

That's a massive waste of time. You should never bust open a shipper to push a little and backstock the rest. Especially s display. It's better to clear the aisle and push the whole display or leave it unlocated

Perhaps it is, but management at my store wants electronics/mmb clean every truck day and as has been stated, I can't backstock the shipper because the system will just pull it whenever it asks for batteries. We tried leaving batteries in a designated tub unlocated until recently, but that was a disaster that was only worked once every three weeks and with the rumor that an APBP will be running from our store, we backstock batteries again. However, I am empowered by my STL to use shippers like that to fill space in electronics if I can find it.

I can say, I am out of batteries. Finally, got everything out backroom except the 4 & 6 batteries. Shippers are on the end caps.

Tell the backroom to burn the shippers. Takes 2 seconds. That's what I do.
So how long do those shippers sit there? Also that screws up backroom accuracy, if you leave it in the location, especially if there are other stuff in that location. As soon as you scan that label, trying to get something else, it re-enters the system, and creates a baffle. So you should probably not so that

They sit until the set date. We don't create baffles by burning because we make sure the system goes to the next section before we toggle to sto.

So how long do those shippers sit there? Also that screws up backroom accuracy, if you leave it in the location, especially if there are other stuff in that location. As soon as you scan that label, trying to get something else, it re-enters the system, and creates a baffle. So you should probably not so that
Burning an item doesn't create a baffle. You pull it, toggle to sto, then sto it to the same location. All it will do is screw up SFQ, which is always going to be screwed up with batteries and their 50 sales floor locations.

Burning an item doesn't create a baffle. You pull it, toggle to sto, then sto it to the same location. All it will do is screw up SFQ, which is always going to be screwed up with batteries and their 50 sales floor locations.
Oh haha see at our store we don't call that burning, at our store burning a batch, is when you say you pulled it, then just leave it there. Which is why I was concerned

Oh haha see at our store we don't call that burning, at our store burning a batch, is when you say you pulled it, then just leave it there. Which is why I was concerned
lol why would anyone do that? i don't even care about my job and I wouldnt do that. it just fucked everyone over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back