Archived Best Team Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I was told that I shouldn't do any coachings or make comments that could be construed as negative because BTS is coming up. Be friendly to your team, make sure that they *love* you. BUT keep your metrics up because you'll be judged on that.

So I have to be BFFs with my team, green on surveys, get XX REDcards, but don't say anything that your team could construe as negative such as "Hey, please educate every guest - Get those carts in - Guard those spills - Zone while you don't have guests - Could you do a restroom check? - 45 minute lunch is not acceptable - you wanna leave two hours early?

Nope, gotta let them do what they wanna do so we get good BTS scores.

F you.

Stupidest thing ever.

So they want you to behave differently than you normally do just before the survey comes up?
Do they think the TMs are goldfish, that the little plastic castle is new every time?
I've always suspected that in general the management thought the crew were stupid but this pretty much confirms it.

The BTS is a complete and utter waste of time .For the past two years, we have done the BTS survey and never heard about it again ( at least at my store) If you ask about the results...or IF there will be a feedback meeting...the reply always is the same.. we will at some point. The point never comes. Also, ( once again at my store...so I am not speaking for everyone ) every year around this time they start bringing out the food....trying to lay the ground work for the BTS....takes a lil more than a burnt burger Spot !

In my experience: Your team is just as cynical and observant as you. If you start acting differently now than you would any other time of year, they'll know you're trying to butter them up for BTS, in which case they'll bash you even harder if they were already planning to, just so say "You can't fool us with your new attitude"

I took of of these last year but don't really remember it. Does it ask you what work center you are? Considering there is a total of 2 people on the pricing team I am sure it wouldn't be hard to figure out who's survey is whos.

I think when HR logs you in to this anonymous survey, he/she is required to indicate which department you're in.

I hate this time of year. All our ETLs and our STL are completely over the top fake-nice. We usually have a "party" to kick off the survey, which consists of cheesy games and burnt hamburgers. Everyone acts like it is the best place to work and shop, and we are to forget the rest of the year to live in the moment. A week to a month's worth of kindness does not make up for the rest of the year. And yes, they do their best to figure out who the disgruntled people are when it comes to BTS. I remember having a meeting with a former STL where she went through it with a fine toothed comb. I will honestly be surprised if my store isn't a red focus store this year-just about everyone is unhappy.

no wonder they have all been having meetings with TL's and everyone has been coming out happy. I thought they possibly got their reviews and there was a slight chance that the money was somewhat decent - not that it would passed on down to the rest of us.

If the survey is anonymous and your answers are all negative, can't they have AP look to see who was sitting in front of the computer at that time? Big Brother knows all - they just pick and choose what they want to know.

Be genuine. seriously. If it's that much of a hassle to be nice to your TMs, why bother? You're in with the in crowd and probably get decent treatment. I'm sure it's not that much of a sacrifice to be nice for a short amount of time. We all work extremely hard to help you with everything. Not all of us need someone to hold our hand to get us to do our jobs. Trust us to do the right thing.

Last edited:
I am nice to my team, but I also understand that if I don't ever say anything negative, I won't be doing my job. Is it okay for only one person to get all the REDCards because the others are too [fill in the blank] to ask? Is it okay to take a 45 minute lunch and a 30 minute break? Is it okay to call out every Saturday that you're scheduled? Is it okay to bag Clorox and milk together? Is it okay to skip all the restroom checks and not replace the tissue in any of them? These are real conversations that I've had over the past two weeks that I can no longer have.

no wonder they have all been having meetings with TL's and everyone has been coming out happy. I thought they possibly got their reviews and there was a slight chance that the money was somewhat decent - not that it would passed on down to the rest of us.

If the survey is anonymous and your answers are all negative, can't they have AP look to see who was sitting in front of the computer at that time? Big Brother knows all - they just pick and choose what they want to know.

I heard my STL and HR talking yesterday and didn't hear the whole convo since the door was closed but when my STL opened it he was talking about having a TL meeting and wanted the ETL-HR to make sure we knew it wasn't anything bad because he didn't want us getting worked up over a meeting that has good news.

His definition of good news is completely different than mine but we'll see!

I am nice to my team, but I also understand that if I don't ever say anything negative, I won't be doing my job. Is it okay for only one person to get all the REDCards because the others are too [fill in the blank] to ask? Is it okay to take a 45 minute lunch and a 30 minute break? Is it okay to call out every Saturday that you're scheduled? Is it okay to bag Clorox and milk together? Is it okay to skip all the restroom checks and not replace the tissue in any of them? These are real conversations that I've had over the past two weeks that I can no longer have.
We had a team member not replace the tissue in the restroom so the guest wiped there ass on the wall :/

Supposedly this is why they use a third party to crunch the results, so they don't have that information when the survey comes back.

The BTS is a complete and utter waste of time .For the past two years, we have done the BTS survey and never heard about it again ( at least at my store) If you ask about the results...or IF there will be a feedback meeting...the reply always is the same.. we will at some point. The point never comes. Also, ( once again at my store...so I am not speaking for everyone ) every year around this time they start bringing out the food....trying to lay the ground work for the BTS....takes a lil more than a burnt burger Spot !

This. All we are ever told is that the meetings will happen later. And at huddle they mention it for a couple of weeks that it's a "win" but that's all we ever hear.

There are no cameras in the break room, but that computer hasn't worked for about a year. There is a working computer in the training room though.

Last year I was taken into the computer room...by an etl and was told what they had done to improve things since the previous bts....I then was told now keep this in mind while you take this. He walked out and closed the door behind him.( Usually, there are four of five of us in the room taking it at the same time ). I wanted to ask him if he wanted to go with me to the bathroom , next time I went...maybe I wasn't capable of doing that alone either .

Corporate thinks of more ways to waste time & money than is acceptable.

If they are so afraid of the truth they should just do away with this ridiculous survey altogether instead of thinking up ways to finagle the results.

Between this nonsensical survey & the laughable "reviews" of the employees that really ONLY depend on how many slots are open for HONEST reviews - it's a waste of everyone's time & it's doing more harm than good for morale.

Man, i guess the store BTS surveys are WAAAY different than at the DCs. They take it extremely serious at the DC im at. If a GL (Group Leader/department supervisor) gets 1 failing BTS, that sets them back for 2 years from getting any type of promotion. 2 years in a row, and they are in real hot water with upper management and usually relocated to another shift or department. 3 in a row and they are "seeking other opportunities".

And we always hear back about the results within a few weeks, both from upper management and the GLs themselves.

The way I treat BTS for my GLs is simple. If i like my GL im going to give a perfect score, because I want to keep them. I am very open with my GLs and give them feedback on how they are doing, so I dont feel the need to be critical on their BTS.

If i dont like my GL however, I wont pointlessly bash them, but i will be brutally honest on their BTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back