Archived BF/Thanksgiving night SD restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are seasoned, can you please give a rundown on what can and cannot be done at the service desk during Thanksgiving/BF? I'm scheduled to open the desk on Thanksgiving. Someone told me no price matches and no returns for the first few hours. Anything else I need to know? I learn a lot more here than I do in my store.

Thanks!

On Workbench there's a document on our holiday policy changes, I printed one out and left it at the SD for TM's to familiarize themselves with. I've forgotten most of the changes, but one that I remember is that we are giving guests an extra month to return items that have an altered return policy (Electronics and such). I might be wrong about that, I need to go over the document again.

Also, we will not be price matching any BF sales from anywhere. Absolutely none.

We do returns. That will vary by store.

No price matches again until Tuesday....unless your STL or LOD makes an exception. And I don't know/remember if that includes target.com as well. No price adjustments on the Black Friday as, so that will be in place trough Saturday evening.

We do returns. That will vary by store.

No price matches again until Tuesday....unless your STL or LOD makes an exception. And I don't know/remember if that includes target.com as well. No price adjustments on the Black Friday as, so that will be in place trough Saturday evening.

Do you mean guests that bought for example, a TV before BF and wanted the price adjusted to the BF sale price?

Correct. We don't do that for that ad. Though we did one year because the guest was being such an ass, and we had just opened and we just wanted to get him out of there.

That's what I figured. I'll need to check with my ETL-GE to see what our specific policies will be for BF since ASANTS and all. I'm just glad that most of my leadership aren't the kind that rolls over, so it'll be an interesting spectacle this year.

I am not looking forward to the following weeks, though. I'm sure our SD will be flooded with requests for price matching/adjustments with BF sales ad or just matching other store's BF prices. On the bright side, I really enjoy shutting people down like that so maybe it won't be too bad.

Last year a guy tried to return a doorbuster flatscreen he'd bought earlier in the week & they told he couldn't repurchase it, that it was being taken to electronics for the next person in line.
The guy went nuts & changed his mind.
Heard later he went to a sister store & did it there.

Last year a guy tried to return a doorbuster flatscreen he'd bought earlier in the week & they told he couldn't repurchase it, that it was being taken to electronics for the next person in line.
The guy went nuts & changed his mind.
Heard later he went to a sister store & did it there.

Why aren't they allowed to repurchase it? I was just a cashier last year, so I didnt experience much of the guest-service side of things.

On Workbench there's a document on our holiday policy changes, I printed one out and left it at the SD for TM's to familiarize themselves with. I've forgotten most of the changes, but one that I remember is that we are giving guests an extra month to return items that have an altered return policy (Electronics and such). I might be wrong about that, I need to go over the document again.

Also, we will not be price matching any BF sales from anywhere. Absolutely none.
If the policy changes haven't been printed out by the time I get in tonight, I will definitely print them out myself. Thanks for letting me know. I was already told about the change in return policy for the holidays but not much else.

Oh, and in other news, Walmart IS price matching BF prices. I wouldn't want to be at that desk. That line is already always so long to begin with.

Why aren't they allowed to repurchase it? I was just a cashier last year, so I didnt experience much of the guest-service side of things.

Because they bought it in advance to make sure they got one, then return & repurchase to get it at BF prices, depriving the people waiting in line holding tickets in hopes of getting one.
They can't stop people from buying the item before BF but they CAN return it to stock immediately for the folks still waiting in line/holding tickets.
During Gregg's desperation measures they allowed price-matching, no limits on hot items, all kinds of crazy crap & it still didn't help - just pissed people off more.

Because they bought it in advance to make sure they got one, then return & repurchase to get it at BF prices, depriving the people waiting in line holding tickets in hopes of getting one.
They can't stop people from buying the item before BF but they CAN return it to stock immediately for the folks still waiting in line/holding tickets.
During Gregg's desperation measures they allowed price-matching, no limits on hot items, all kinds of crazy crap & it still didn't help - just pissed people off more.

Oh I see what you mean. I thought you meant buying the doorbuster item on black friday, and returning/rebuying the item after black friday.

Can someone tell me where I can find the holiday guide on Workbench?

Can someone tell me where I can find the holiday guide on Workbench?

When I printed it out, it was on the front page. But if you search Q4 and go int that page, it should be listed under the front end as "Holiday Preparation Guide"/"Holiday Policy Changes" or something similar. I've forgotten the exact name.

Oh, and in other news, Walmart IS price matching BF prices. I wouldn't want to be at that desk. That line is already always so long to begin with.

Price matches at Walmart are done in the check lanes. You don't need to go to customer service to do this.

I looked at the information on WB today, and it appears we won't price match target.com those 5 days, either. If it's available to purchase online and do store pick up, I don't see why not, but whatever.

When I printed it out, it was on the front page. But if you search Q4 and go int that page, it should be listed under the front end as "Holiday Preparation Guide"/"Holiday Policy Changes" or something similar. I've forgotten the exact name.
Thanks! I think that's where I poked around and found the information. The information posted at the service desk says nothing about BF price matching though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back