Archived Big news coming Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4AM stores that routinely take doubles will be screwed and I imagine will not stay 4AM for long. If you only get random double every once in a while or during BTS/4Q, you will have approval to temporarily go back overnight to account for the increased freight. We are 6AM and usually do a week of 4AM for BTS, a week around Black Friday, and 2 weeks before New Years.
I am of the understanding that doubles willonly be for store that must have them. You all do know that a 53ft trailer can actually fit 3500 pieces, right?

I don't entirely get the logic, either. You have people dedicated to pushing freight. What, really, is the difference in costs between them pushing it from 10pm to 3am instead of 4-9? I can't believe having the lights on that extra time is that large a cost.

Also a lot of stores got solar panels installed, wouldn't that pay for overnights??

We were never supposed to use shopping carts for anything at our store. They were supposed to be for the guests only. For the whole time I've worked at Spot, we've been using them for just about everything.
Yesterday, we were told we are no longer allowed to use any carts for anything with no exceptions.
It did not take long for us to run out of vehicles. POG was trying to clear a large area for a reset but there were no vehicles available.
This is a perfect example of Spot logic. I'm at a high volume super and we no longer have a cart attendant until around 5-5:30 pm and they often leave at 9:30 or 10. So yes, we have problems keeping up with carts. Guests complain a lot so Spot blames team members and comes up with crazy rules instead of admitting their mistake and giving us back cart attendant hours.
We do the best we can utilizing the few daytime team members we have but we need cart attendants!
I agree that they seem to SAY they care about guest experience but their actions say screw the guests and their freakin' experience.

Welcome to the store modernization joy.

Yep, but that won't matter as you wont need then for pulls or anything else because the Flow won't be there to need equipment or uboats. They will simply offload and go. Thats it.
As for the garbage, speaking from experience, it won't.

I thought all stores got rid of overnights already.

There were a number that were still overnight. Some were even running overnight trying to use a hours from a 4AM process. The only way it sort of worked is a solid core team. If there were any callouts they rolled and rolled hard.

The big news is coming tomorrow. It is a new brand announcement. So it's really not "big news".

If this is Umbro our new soccer clothing and kids sporting goods brand it's been on workbench for like 2 weeks.

at a high volume super and we no longer have a cart attendant until around 5-5:30 pm

Don't blame corporate.

Mytime gives enough hours to have a cart attendant from 10am to close at high volume stores. I have a feeling your schedule writer is stealing those hours to use elsewhere.

Even my old org chart 3 store had a cart attendant from 2pm to 10pm.

Naw, at a AA or AAA volume store there is no way to unload at 4am unless you want the truck done at 2pm the following day.

Last edited:
Also a lot of stores got solar panels installed, wouldn't that pay for overnights??
Energy from solar goes back to the grid, I believe Target gets some of that money back as an energy or tax credit. We don’t own the panels nor do they provide power to the stores.

Double yawn. It looks like the same stuff we've always been selling at Target. It looks like stuff from Xhilaration. The usual turquoise, mustard, orange, and hot pink color selection. Chevrons and floral patterns.

Naw, at a AA or AAA volume store there is no way to unload at 4am unless you want the truck done at 2pm the following day.

My store is AAA+ volume and did try to remove overnight. Didn’t even last 2 weeks, loads of people were quitting left and right and it really pissed off the guests.

Naw, at a AA or AAA volume store there is no way to unload at 4am unless you want the truck done at 2pm the following day

My store is AA+ and manages it, unless there are an unusual number of callouts, but the flow team is pretty big. They get the pallets off the floor by 9:30 or so, usually. Guests still complain about it, though.

I am of the understanding that doubles willonly be for store that must have them. You all do know that a 53ft trailer can actually fit 3500 pieces, right?

Whaaat?

With no pallets and a bunch of tiny boxes? Those 2500s we've been getting lately seem pretty full. I'd hate to see a 3500.

I'm probably going to have nightmares now, thanks! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back