Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen. I was closing GSTL last night but got pulled to pick orders from about 6pm to close. I was 1 of 5 people just picking. Then, after closing registers, got pulled again to get “trained” on packing. 12 full carts to pack still at 11:30pm. It was me, a cashier, our VML, another GSA, and the LOD still packing the rest of the night (considering the SFS all left at their scheduled time). I only left at 1:15 because I would have gone into compliance. About to go back in here in a few... wonder if the rest of them actually stayed to get it all done

Are you implying that the sfs team was wrong to leave at their scheduled time? I'm not putting words in your mouth. But I want to understand what you meant by writing that part in the parentheses.

Are you implying that the sfs team was wrong to leave at their scheduled time? I'm not putting words in your mouth. But I want to understand what you meant by writing that part in the parentheses.

Exactly cause they have screwed the pooch on SFS scheduling. I am pulled a 10hr day yesterday to just fix fuck ups from idiots who can't do the job. They didn't even thank me. So today. I am doing my 8 and out fuck what is fucked up.

We had some shitty turkey sandwiches and eggplant parm both days. Last year was way better catering wise

Exactly cause they have screwed the pooch on SFS scheduling. I am pulled a 10hr day yesterday to just fix fuck ups from idiots who can't do the job. They didn't even thank me. So today. I am doing my 8 and out fuck what is fucked up.

Who screwed the pooch? The sfs team writes their own schedules at your store?

And if the bosses at Target can't find a way to not make a sfs a black hole of stinking shit, that's not the sfs team's fault.

A different story if they are shitty employees.

Not implying that at all. Only trying to emphasize that SFS wasn’t given enough hours for the workload yesterday.

Who screwed the pooch? The sfs team writes their own schedules at your store?

And if the bosses at Target can't find a way to not make a sfs a black hole of stinking shit, that's not the sfs team's fault.

A different story if they are shitty employees.

We were not allowed to schedule our own this week so we got random flow TMs pulling so the help they gave us would have been better spent if they did flow.

The HR etl who wrote our schedule this week screwed the pooch. Not our fault but I can't continue to clean up when we know what the problem is and get told no you can't fix the reason for the problems.

I had waste most of my shift fixing errors when we went pack batches. Cause half their carts were missing. Cause when they took breaks they just left it on the floor. Or what we had to repack since they couldn't be bothered to at least shrink wrap rugs.

Last edited:
All I know is that we were told that the number of orders would be capped. Then boom, no cap. But no way can we keep up with them. Not with two packing stations. It's not working. But it's fine, I'm going to try and rack up as much ot as I can next week.

And/or TV from a company nobody has even heard of before. Can’t remember the name but started with an S

Dang, y'all got real catering?! We got some random assortment of snacks from Pfresh. No drinks even.
Lets see, sandwich tray with drinks Thanskgiving night. 3 delivery runs of pizzas from pizza hut BF and BBQ from one of the nest BBQ joints in Houston (that does catering) today. When they love us, they love us. We beat projections and the 'red card' goal, so everyone was syked.

Now, the problem is SFS with not sfs people. they were still going at 7pm

We were not allowed to schedule our own this week so we got random flow TMs pulling so the help they gave us would have been better spent if they did flow.

The HR etl who wrote our schedule this week screwed the pooch. Not our fault but I can't continue to clean up when we know what the problem is and get told no you can't fix the reason for the problems.

I had waste most of my shift fixing errors when we went pack batches. Cause half their carts were missing. Cause when they took breaks they just left it on the floor. Or what we had to repack since they couldn't be bothered to at least shrink wrap rugs.
I am sorry. I know that is shitty and a big pain to fix, but I find that you had flow doing sfs and they just didnt give a f*** and its hilarious. Sounds like yours is as dumb as ours. She just knows that level of fuckery will blowback on her.

And/or TV from a company nobody has even heard of before. Can’t remember the name but started with an S
Senkai.

Seiki Digital is a television manufacturer with its corporate headquarters at 1550 Valley Vista Dr., Suite 210, Diamond Bar, CA 91765, USA. Seiki Digital is wholly owned by the Chinese-based Tsinghua Tongfang Company. The company is noted for manufacturing very inexpensive HD and Ultra HD LCD televisions.

I am sorry. I know that is shitty and a big pain to fix, but I find that you had flow doing sfs and they just didnt give a f*** and its hilarious. Sounds like yours is as dumb as ours. She just knows that level of fuckery will blowback on her.

It's ok, I know we are run by a bunch of idiots. This what happens when you let the sorority girls run the show. I would be gone as fast as a flash if things outside of work were different so I deal with this to make my personal life run easier.

No they didn't and it made our lives harder. I didn't have flow doing picking/packing orders people above me did.

I just don't want to get yelled at for falling that behind trying to pack down while dealing with this and some people who move at the speed of a snail.

Did your store make sales goal for Thanksgiving and BF? Not sure if we did for BF but I was told we made the Thanksgiving one.

Did your store make sales goal for Thanksgiving and BF? Not sure if we did for BF but I was told we made the Thanksgiving one.

I have no idea, I have missed huddles all week.. I know Thursday we were doing nicely when I left and the SFS crew never stopped pulling from electronics where I was stuck.

We would have missed but ship pushed us over both days. We were pretty dead today lol I have a feeling we missed sales.

We were number two in our group for comp black Friday. 22%

All I know is that we were told that the number of orders would be capped. Then boom, no cap. But no way can we keep up with them. Not with two packing stations. It's not working. But it's fine, I'm going to try and rack up as much ot as I can next week.
I wasn't told orders would be capped, but I was told by our group ops director that Target has learned their lesson on forecasting from years past, and the forecasts would be much more accurate this year. Meanwhile, the company as a whole has done literally DOUBLE the forecasted amount over the past few days.

I made sure we had 4 people at the pack stations all day today, and it made no difference because we needed to have so many people picking to meet the 2pm goal. By 2pm we had like 500 orders to pack.

We had some amazing food for us over the weekend to help us burn through. I was exhausted as heck by the time I got home Friday evening but that pasta bar from Olive Garden made my whole day worth it.
We had so many FAs up at the front my small ass self was climbing behind TVs at GS to get to smaller packages for the other TMs. It was fun but my body hated me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back