Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't told orders would be capped, but I was told by our group ops director that Target has learned their lesson on forecasting from years past, and the forecasts would be much more accurate this year. Meanwhile, the company as a whole has done literally DOUBLE the forecasted amount over the past few days.

I made sure we had 4 people at the pack stations all day today, and it made no difference because we needed to have so many people picking to meet the 2pm goal. By 2pm we had like 500 orders to pack.

We have two pack stations. You can only add so many people. Once you're doubled up, the efficiency drops. You get in each other's way. And the more that gets picked and sits around not packed, the more congested it gets.

For some odd reason, a backroom tm took a cart of picks and started backstocking it. Lovely.

I was told by our group ops director that Target has learned their lesson on forecasting from years past, and the forecasts would be much more accurate this year. Meanwhile, the company as a whole has done literally DOUBLE the forecasted amount over the past few days.

Well the forecasts (and corresponding man hours) are so far from accurate for my store, it isn't even funny. We've done at least triple what was forecasted for OPU/SFS.

Need some SFS clips or something. In our backroom, everything that doesn't have a clip on it gets backstocked because people always forget to put a backstock clip on things. So we just assume it's backstock, otherwise the backroom would be full of carts, tubs, flats, and the like. If it has a pull, clearance, price check, etc.. clip, then we leave it alone.

We do have clips, but there are so many carts sitting around that we ran out. When you have 10 people picking but only two pack stations, it backs up. Bound to happen.

Senkai.

Seiki Digital is a television manufacturer with its corporate headquarters at 1550 Valley Vista Dr., Suite 210, Diamond Bar, CA 91765, USA. Seiki Digital is wholly owned by the Chinese-based Tsinghua Tongfang Company. The company is noted for manufacturing very inexpensive HD and Ultra HD LCD televisions.
I have those tv’s in backroom.

The hilarious think is that *we* have TONS of various clips (I've seen the bags of them) but that's it; they just sit in bags while we're left scrambling with broken ones. They either are missing one half of the clip, or the magnet has fallen off.

I've decided that next time I come across a broken clip I'm just gonna toss it so someone will finally open up those bags I've seen lying around, lol.

The hilarious think is that *we* have TONS of various clips (I've seen the bags of them) but that's it; they just sit in bags while we're left scrambling with broken ones. They either are missing one half of the clip, or the magnet has fallen off.

I've decided that next time I come across a broken clip I'm just gonna toss it so someone will finally open up those bags I've seen lying around, lol.

I am guessing in that bag, are various individually wrapped, grotesque bags for each clip. Every time I find myself trying to fill up our clip station I get through 5, and say eh... no...

For those looking for clips check GS. somehow my store always accumulates them on our door to GS.

We have two pack stations. You can only add so many people. Once you're doubled up, the efficiency drops. You get in each other's way. And the more that gets picked and sits around not packed, the more congested it gets.

For some odd reason, a backroom tm took a cart of picks and started backstocking it. Lovely.
The law of diminishing returns...

Well the forecasts (and corresponding man hours) are so far from accurate for my store, it isn't even funny. We've done at least triple what was forecasted for OPU/SFS.
We are consistently above 150% of the forecast at the end of each night. Some stores in my district are over 200% some days. And one store is so backed up that they are not even hitting 50%.

Need some SFS clips or something. In our backroom, everything that doesn't have a clip on it gets backstocked because people always forget to put a backstock clip on things. So we just assume it's backstock, otherwise the backroom would be full of carts, tubs, flats, and the like. If it has a pull, clearance, price check, etc.. clip, then we leave it alone.
I planned ahead and designated a section of the backroom for picked carts, in an area where there is no reason for anyone to have a 3-tier of backstock.

Reactions: Him
My husband commented that this year was probably the last Macy's parade.
Why? Does he think Macy's is dying or is it the fact that they want people outside of NYC to sit on their ass for an hour on Thanksgiving and watch the parade while people we don't give a f*** about blather on about banalities (and their hatred of trump)

We do have clips, but there are so many carts sitting around that we ran out. When you have 10 people picking but only two pack stations, it backs up. Bound to happen.
we have 10 poeple, 1 station and a table hijaacked from the break room

Why? Does he think Macy's is dying or is it the fact that they want people outside of NYC to sit on their ass for an hour on Thanksgiving and watch the parade while people we don't give a f*** about blather on about banalities (and their hatred of trump)
No. End of an era.

As a PMT i dont see closing TMs or weekenders....
Usually you get a few good seasonal hires, my god, this years batch is the horrible.
So many clueless wandering TMs.
One dude was supposed be by TVs in Market and found himself by the fitting room and in Electronics half the night...

we have went through 1000 seriously. two months ago ETL - log ordered a case of them and now they have vanished.

A long time ago our DTL came through and tossed most of ours out. Pull, Backstop, Clearance, Price Change, etc etc. The reasoning is if a TM takes a vehicle they have to be responsible for it entirely. Nice idea if everything worked perfectly and we had plenty of people/hours.

Now people just use post-it notes instead or nothing at all and the LODs ask about it over the walkie.

Our store is the same we dropped the clips back in the Spring around the time End to End started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back