Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Friday Trucks for all of us? I always thought that, that was what they should do... Close, Thanksgiving night for a few hours, take a truck, that is bulk Pallets to restock for ACTUAL Black Friday, then open early.

you mean wrist bands with break and lunch times which MUST be followed.

Wristbands? Jesus... Im glad my store doesn't do that so I don't have to see everyone with wristbands on

So glad I'm backroom and we can take break whenever we want, just have to give a heads up.

Do you guys know your schedule already? Ours don’t get posted until Thusday (paper) or Friday (online)

Do you guys know your schedule already? Ours don’t get posted until Thusday (paper) or Friday (online)

No store post before Thursday lol.

Technically no one knows but seniors and ETLs.

Our GSAs and SFS folks have been told their schedule though even though it's not official until we post

What is BF like for GSTMs*? Is it just “no we don’t price match” over and over? Is it busy over there or just cashiers?

*by GSTMs i mean service desk specifically

What is BF like for GSTMs*? Is it just “no we don’t price match” over and over? Is it busy over there or just cashiers?

First BF at spot, when does the no price match rule start?

You'll probably have people bringing in everything they purchased in the past 3 months trying to make a return so they have enough to cover holiday expenses lol

Wear a non-red sweater, jacket, or over shirt (or bring one with you for break, lunch, etc.)
Arrive early, parking will be terrible.
Walk the racetrack after you arrive, before you clock in, if you haven't seen it yet, so you know where everything is.
If you're opening/near the doors at open, GTF out of the way. You CAN BE KILLED. It has actually happened.
Schedules should be provided for breaks/ lunches.

Black Friday aka ThanksGiving day the one day of the year I try to be there an hour before I actually start so I can walk around and learn where things are.. Also it gives me time to down that last cup of coffee..

Parking is a crap shoot depending on store, last year my store was quiet compared to previous years. Parking was easy. But it is always the day I drive the beater truck no mistake. I am leaving if I have to push your double parked lexus out of the way.. o_O:cool:

We were suppose to be taking a lull trailer at 10 pm Thursday night. Now after announcing the opening, closing and reopening our Etl log isn't sure if we are taking it. Omg my local news just said target is opening at 5. Wtf News station must be wrong. So about that trailer. Suppose to find out end of this week. Spare us please!

My store won't know until Thursday when the schedule is posted. But being I'm backroom and we're opening at 6pm, I'm very likely 5:45-11:30. And coming in in the morning of thanksgiving for 6 hours to push autofill and set the TV's out.

So if you know what your role is or where you'll be stationed and have worked previous black Fridays, you might be about the same as the past

these writers are clueless,wonder how they figure that Target is giving its workers a break.

We will get a break from those handful of 1 am shoppers that block the aisles as we zone up the store. Though sometimes those late shoppers would snag the last of the deals, making it possible to tear apart shippers.

Thursday it's all ticketed televisions. Friday will all be order pickup.

No need to send people to guest service to deny a return

Last edited:
At our store last year, we had all of the larger TVs stored in the conference room. Guests received tickets for the model TV they wanted, paid at a regular register, and then came up to GS with the ticket and their receipt. We had multiple HLTMs running back and forth to pull stock from the conference room, and a couple CAs to assist with loading in cars if needed.

At our store last year, we had all of the larger TVs stored in the conference room. Guests received tickets for the model TV they wanted, paid at a regular register, and then came up to GS with the ticket and their receipt. We had multiple HLTMs running back and forth to pull stock from the conference room, and a couple CAs to assist with loading in cars if needed.
oh jeez that sounds fun

Honestly? I really enjoyed Black Friday last year. And I know the guys doing the TV brigade preferred being up front than on the floor in the melee ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back