Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh haaaaeeeellll no. I thought about trying to pick up a shift tonight but considering I gotta work on Friday at 4am...nope nope nope. I hope you got those shifts by choice.

Choice? You funny!!!! Only the ETL's pets got decent shifts the rest of us got fucked..

I'm just relieved that my favorite LOD is working the same shift I am today. He usually fucks off on paid vacation at the most convenient times, but since he's actually here today it's going to go a hell of a lot smoother for all of us.

My sincere condolences.

I will have a cold beer and some great whiskey waiting for me when I get home.. Honestly though I would rather work a 10-12hr straight shift than this half assed split. Once I am moving its easier to just keep moving rather than have enough time for all the things that hurt to really get hurting..

Being older sucks, things start to wear out and it sucks..

Yeah, I agree...I would have considered coming at 6pm tonight if I could have just stayed straight through till noon tomorrow...but then I'd go into overtime, and they wouldn't let me do that, so nah.

5:00pm-2:30am yesterday, 5:45pm-2:30am today, 5pm-12am tomorrow, 8am-4:15pm Saturday. Sitting at 23 hours for the week. Time and a half, shift differentials, OT, let's make this PAPER!

I will have a cold beer and some great whiskey waiting for me when I get home.. Honestly though I would rather work a 10-12hr straight shift than this half assed split. Once I am moving its easier to just keep moving rather than have enough time for all the things that hurt to really get hurting..

Being older sucks, things start to wear out and it sucks..
I'm lucky to have one 12 hour shift between Th/F this year. Not sure how I lucked out. Of course, I've already logged 32 hours, lol, so we'll see how I'm doing Saturday.

4 to 1230 tonight. 8am to 8pm tomorrow. 8 to 430 Saturday. 58 hours for the week although I have a feeling they will ask me to stay Saturday.

What are some good huddle topics for tonight?

Obviously,

Take your breaks and lunches.

Keep channel 1 clear on the walkie.

Enjoy the free food in the breakroom

Price match plans and policies.

What else you guys got?

Obviously,

What else you guys got?
on behalf of GSTMs please stress to everyone we cannot price match ANYONE INCLUDING TARGET.COM. we'd rather be bothered 20 times with questions about our policies this week over the walkie than be yelled at by a guest because we can't do something another TM said we could.

on behalf of GSTMs please stress to everyone we cannot price match ANYONE INCLUDING TARGET.COM. we'd rather be bothered 20 times with questions about our policies this week over the walkie than be yelled at by a guest because we can't do something another TM said we could.
I thought we could price match Target.com (new this year)?

If your state is a Stand Your Ground state, tell your employees to run and hide if they hear a guest yell "I feel threatened!". Reiterate safety about crowd control, spills, etc.

I thought we could price match Target.com (new this year)?
  • Price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving. (11/23/2017 – 12/2/2017).
Depends on your definition of competitor. At my store, no price matches, no rain checks, period.

• Price matches and adjustments to competitors will not be allowed for prices from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving. (11/23/2017 – 12/2/2017).
Depends on your definition of competitor. At my store, no price matches, no rain checks, period.
I thought it was in the Q4 guides on Workbench (it was highlighted as something new we're doing this year). There's also this tweet from @AskTarget -

Target will price match items purchased on https://Target.com or in stores during our Black Friday sales. Please take the item and the receipt to the Guest Service desk at your local store for a price adjustment. Have a great Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble.

Might be a case of ASANTS though!

Obviously,

What else you guys got?

Do NOT repeat do NOT hit the additional cashier button. Yes you will have guests stacked on your lane. You will be coached for hitting the button.

well my friends, I'm about to venture off to the Mountains of Madness, wish me luck and if I don't come back I want everyone to know that it's been real

peace

I thought it was in the Q4 guides on Workbench (it was highlighted as something new we're doing this year). There's also this tweet from @AskTarget -

Target will price match items purchased on https://Target.com or in stores during our Black Friday sales. Please take the item and the receipt to the Guest Service desk at your local store for a price adjustment. Have a great Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble.

Interesting. I’ll ask again tomorrow.

This is interesting. I'm going to ask my GSTL because I was under the impression that we are not suppose to price match this week. Then again, ASANTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back