Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Thursday isnt bad. Its the Friday and Saturday thats just so dull. Its mind numbingly boring

Total chaos at my store. Asked if they needed me to stay past my shift, was told no. Then nobody was there by the time my shift was over. Already had my ride there to go home...so oh well. Guess they shoulda asked me sooner. Poorly planed is the best way to put it.

Not too bad, I didn't have a walkie or a Mydevice most the night but made do without. Now on to reshop madness!

How busy do you guys think it will be at 6am tomorrow :O

worked 5:45 to midnight and I'm super sick, I forgot to take Dayquil during my lunch so I felt worse as the night went on. At 6:03 three of our registers drawers wouldn't open...chaos ensued. I ended up on Self-Checkout for awhile which wasn't my fav. Did some line control for a bit and then finally got on a regular register. I'm tired. Despite being sick I'm having a drink before heading to bed...thankfully I don't have to be back at the store until 6 pm

welp today sucked a fat one...much worse in comparison to last year or the year before that. Knees and ankles are BTFO, literally hoarse from saying "I don't know" 420 times per hour, got stuck trying to help 100,000,000,000¹⁰⁰ guests at once and almost gagging from the funk of so many bodies packed into our narrow ass aisles. Didn't get yelled at or throw down with anybody but still, jfc am I glad it's over

did anyone sell out the Senkai 32 in TVs? Those were the only ones no one would touch. (and seriously ETL needed to not wait until 30 min before everyone is off to say we need to move the TVs back to Electronics.)

did anyone sell out the Senkai 32 in TVs? Those were the only ones no one would touch. (and seriously ETL needed to not wait until 30 min before everyone is off to say we need to move the TVs back to Electronics.)
We started off with 2. Not sure if any sold or not.

Edit: We still have 2, now backstocked... I have a feeling they'll be there for a while.

Last edited:
We started off with 2. Not sure if any sold or not.
4 and they were like 'The shitty Polaroid 32 dumbTV is $89 Buy it instead! Between that, the lady would was told when she got her westinghouse ticket to go to guest serive and decided to go us instead and the man who swore Wal-mart had cheaper TVs then us but still came in for Dog food, it was fun.

Oh and props to the guy who came in at 6:00 for groceries and looked befudded that the bread was gone and tvs were in the way. He made me laugh. "Can I buy milk tonight?" Yes, if you get a red card and a google home mini. (i didnt say that)

It was the busiest thanksgiving at my store. My store is low volume. I thought it would die down around 9pm, but nope. Didn’t die down till 11.

I was supposed to be in amplified gifting, but during our huddle my STL said I was gonna be in toys and helping with the Apple product line. Not cool man. Barely anyone bought Apple products, so I just helped guests in toys/electronics with no equipment the first half of my shift (plus I don’t really know anything over there). Thankfully I got to do pulls/reshop the last half (not in toys)!

Whqt a let down we werent busy at all past the first hour fompared to previous years and we didnt get fed :( truck team is getting fed but there wasnt even drinks for us :/ worst year ever

I'm about to work from 5:30 AM to 2 PM as a GSA... Second Black Friday ever, first time as a GSA. I have no idea what's gonna happen to me, lol.

People would NOT leave. "The time in 12:10 and Target closed 10 minutes ago. Please take your selections to the registers" and people just browsing through the DVD's.
Otherwise, everyone who I interacted with (I am SFS so I was in and out of the back room) was nice. A nice family saw me multiple times while I was doing guest picks and were teasing about whatever I was running to get.

Plus we got fed.

Crazy first 45 minutes while all the hot stuff sold fast. Crazy last 20 minutes trying to shuffle guests to the door and remind them new deals are up at 6 am so they can come back and do it all again when I'm not here. Hahah a lot of guests loved that line I kept repeating as I shuffled them to the front. Good experience overall. Although super unlikely-- If any actual non-tms see this, thank you for being so good to us as we navigated the river of people flowing through our stores! I appreciate it a lot.

Fun note: be friends with your tms who arent working that day. I got a tm to snag a certain item for me early while they were shopping on their off day.. so happy xD thought this day was gonna suck and it just turned into the funnest day of the month. =P

I think we sold one. Those Polaroids though, man you'd think they were radioactive by how no one wanted to touch those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back