Archived BLACK FRIDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I'm just going to leave that there.

But just know that they will likely schedule you anyway. All bets are off for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.
That's not true. My availability on Friday was closed and was not scheduled on Black Friday.

That's not true. My availability on Friday was closed and was not scheduled on Black Friday.
I never said it was 100% guaranteed that you would be scheduled on that day. I just mean that they will ask a lot of people to work that day whether they normally have Fridays off or not.

Thursday last year wasn't busy and we are a A+ volume store
They asked holiday availability I said I would work Thursday till 4 am Friday I didn't want a split shift those are gross
My store does do good food last year it was pizza and pies on Thursday and some other food on Friday !

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to things actually going well this year for Thanksgiving and the rest of the season. I've been seeing more and more new faces on flow, so they should be staffed properly to finish the truck every day. And our new ETL-LOG starts next week (promoted from Flow SrTL in the district), after not having anyone in the position for most of the past year.

There will be a turkey dinner provided to all of the TM's inside of the breakroom! LOL but on a serious note...

What kind of schedule is the flow team going to have on black thursday/friday, and what is expected of the flow team on those days?

You guys get a turkey dinner? We get crappy Papa John's pizza!

Our store will be open all night on Thanksgiving/Black Friday, and I'll be working overnight as usual. I don't really mind. I don't have family, and my girlfriend will probably spend the holiday with her brother and his family. It's one of my least favorite holidays anyway, and I'll be able to shop (assuming there are good deals) during my break in the middle of the night.

So yeah...I'm fine with working, and with whatever food the LOD provides for us. I feel for the people who have family that they'd rather be with though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back