Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
>>At my store, hr was saying 1pm to when ever on thanksgiving<<

Do you mean opening at 1 PM on Grey Thursday? Jesus in a chicken basket, I hope that isn't correct. Spot is quickly losing my respect and loyalty and if they do open at 1 PM, the last shred will be gone.

>>At my store, hr was saying 1pm to when ever on thanksgiving<<

Do you mean opening at 1 PM on Grey Thursday? Jesus in a chicken basket, I hope that isn't correct. Spot is quickly losing my respect and loyalty and if they do open at 1 PM, the last shred will be gone.
They are thinking at my store to help out with last minute product setup before the store open in the afternoon.

My money is on 4PM. I don't think they'll go any earlier than that. If they do, I won't be too surprised, but the logical part of me says that they won't risk opening any earlier than that with all of the recent businesses that are staying shut for black friday.

I'm still thinking we're going to be open 4 p.m. One of my bosses hinted at that being a possibility because of Macy's. I'm the only one in my store who thinks we should just be open all day Thanksgiving. Like, whats the point? Have us open all day, have doorbusters every other hour. It would save us on the bullshit mad rush aspect of black Friday.

Don't necessarily bet on it. I remember one year they delayed the schedule by a week until HQ announced the official time. Might be just been my store but it was still terrible.

Found the ETL schedule for Thurs/Fri.

5pm is a majority of times they come in at

My etl is already writing the schedule, and has us for a 6 pm start...don't know if this is because thats what they think or if its actually the time

They don't know what time we open. They just want to get started on the schedule because it's the busiest day (and a half! the overnight complicates it) of the year. It's easier to just guess and get a head start on it and then adjust it later than to wait until Monday afternoon to start it. My ETL-HR started having the TLs turn in schedules by Monday at noon, so I'll have to write the entire schedule without knowing when we open and then I'll adjust it later.

Who wants to guess when we'll know?

I'm betting it will be in part 2 of the Black Friday Plan and it will come out early Monday afternoon.

I don't understand why Target wants to remain so hush hush about opening time. As if they're afraid or something.
Because if they announce it early, it gives their competitors a chance to plan an earlier opening. And the entire point of opening on Thanksgiving at all is to try and be the customer's first shopping destination, where they spend most of their money.

Because if they announce it early, it gives their competitors a chance to plan an earlier opening. And the entire point of opening on Thanksgiving at all is to try and be the customer's first shopping destination, where they spend most of their money.
I totally get that, however I do the schedule for the front end. When I approached my ETL-GE (two+ weeks ago), I was told I would be doing that schedule as well, and there was "lots of planning" that me and them had to do. Well, here we are at the point I'll be putting that schedule together within the week, and nobody has even mentioned the fact it is Q4 (save for the "fill those Q4 endcaps!"). I really hope they have something in mind, but I know they don't.

Ok.

I mean, if they've already scheduled the ETLs and have a baseline for when they come in so there's a bit of a time to go with.

Also, it's fun to guess.

Multiple people have mentioned the leaders working on a schedule. The times listed have all been different. No one knows.

Opening at 4pm on Thanksgiving is fucking disgusting and I really hope Spot doesn't stoop so low. But then, that's like hoping for rain to pour in a desert.

That has happened in CA and AZ in the last week also CA got snow on the grapevine. So yeah disgusting is just at what level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back