Archived Black Thursday 2015

What time will Target stores open on Thursday?

• Regular hours

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • 3:00pm

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • 6:00pm

Votes: 113 54.9%
  • 9:00pm

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • midnight

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • not opening on Thursday

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Sure do wish we'd be closed!

Votes: 58 28.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what any ad/site/person says - I won't believe we open at a particular time until the store actually opens at that time. Sorry, I just don't trust Spot much anymore.

I don't care what any ad/site/person says - I won't believe we open at a particular time until the store actually opens at that time. Sorry, I just don't trust Spot much anymore.
Well they put out a press release and everything announcing 6pm so it would make no sense and piss off tons of shoppers to randomly change their mind now...

>>Well they put out a press release and everything announcing 6pm so it would make no sense and piss off tons of shoppers to randomly change their mind now...<<

I understand what you're saying but I still don't trust them. They'll open when they open and if the stores open at 4 PM at 4:01 PM I'll say "Hey, we opened at 4 PM." ;-) Cynical? Yeah, just a tad.

>>Well they put out a press release and everything announcing 6pm so it would make no sense and piss off tons of shoppers to randomly change their mind now...<<

I understand what you're saying but I still don't trust them. They'll open when they open and if the stores open at 4 PM at 4:01 PM I'll say "Hey, we opened at 4 PM." ;-) Cynical? Yeah, just a tad.
I've never heard of them lying about when they're opening. There is no reason to lie and no reason to think that they have lied.

>>I've never heard of them lying about when they're opening. There is no reason to lie and no reason to think that they have lied.<<

I didn't say they were lying about opening.

Honestly, though, HOW would they lie? They can't open unless the TMs are there, which they won't be at an earlier time.

>>I've never heard of them lying about when they're opening. There is no reason to lie and no reason to think that they have lied.<<

I didn't say they were lying about opening.
Fair point. You only said that you don't believe them. So I'll rephrase. There is no reason to not believe them.

>>Fair point. You only said that you don't believe them. So I'll rephrase. There is no reason to not believe them.<<

Never mind. ;-)

it will be nice not to have a lot of people grocery shopping on black Thursday ! im excited a lot of people do there grocery shopping at my target

Last edited:
What does it say about corporate and management that team members found out about Black Friday hours by using the internet instead of being told by management at their stores? I was thinking about that on Monday when I saw the news of it on the always entertaining yahoo.com front page. Yahoo was more reliable than my own shitty Target store. Sad and pathetic.

Guess who said she can't work opening on Thanksgiving and is still scheduled anyway due to staffing levels? I was told due to recent TL and TM turnover in my workcenter my attendance for that shift is "imperative."

Regretting my decision not to quit after they cut the comp shopping program. :(:mad:

All the TLs in my building minus 2 are trying to work 12 hr shifts for the open and then not have to come back Friday...leaving the floor basically leader less other than ETLs on the busiest shopping day of the year.

Friday will be more like a normal day, because everyone will be there shopping on Thursday. It might even be slower than a normal Friday

Friday will be more like a normal day, because everyone will be there shopping on Thursday. It might even be slower than a normal Friday
My store barely gets busier if you compare it to the rest of the stores in my district (no other shopping destinations in our area). Our goal for Friday (not counting Thanksgiving) is still about 2.5 times higher than a normal Friday throughout the year.

To be honest, I think I am more upset that we are open to 11 on Christmas eve. I always feel so bad for those people who are stuck closing on Christmas eve.
Yeah me too. My family actually does Christmas on Christmas Eve. It's going to be sad to miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back