Archived Blue Cleanser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NPC

特別な目を開けるためにパトリックを殺す
I don't know the names of any of the cleansers we use, I just identify them by color. I do have a question about them though.

Where are bottles in the store refilled at typically and who is in charge of refilling them? I've worked in other businesses before that had some sort of designated area where the spray bottles were refilled with their appropriate cleansers. Like in this picture.
oasisdispensing1.jpg

Where are those in Targets if we have them? On the front end we NEVER have any of the blue or yellow cleansers. All we have is tons of the clear one (sanitizer) because no one ever uses it. I've asked around in my store before, and no one knows either. Blue cleaner just magically appears sometimes, but most of the time we're out. I want to just take the initiative myself to go get it, because I like using that to clean at Guest Service and on the lanes. The sanitizer doesn't clean as well when it comes to removing grime. It might as well be nothing but water. It also smells bad.

Also, aren't the lanes required to be stocked with cleanser, sanitizer, and towels? At the previous businesses I mentioned that had this, we would get in trouble if the sanitizer wasn't refreshed daily, and there wasn't a bottle of cleanser on each lane. I don't know if that was a Health Code thing, or just a policy unique to that particular business.

Front end uses the clear general purpose cleaner called Perdiem. The blue, mulitpurpose cleaner, is called Glance. There is a red cleaner called Spitfire, and it's a powerful cleaner/degreaser.

The blue stuff is used for cleaning of shelves by Plano, mostly. Most stores have a backroom location where the cleaning crew keep their equipment. That is where the cleaner can be found, and also trash bags, paper towels, and toilet paper. Also, the room where the CAs keep their stuff may have some.

Food Ave should have a mop sink with all their necessary solutions. The cleaning closet/room should have a cabinet stocked with all approved cleaning solutions. Glance is only for glass and cleaning market shelves. Store teams are no longer allowed to use Spitfire even though it is the best at cleaning. Perdiem is approved for general use throughout the store except for in food areas.

Reactions: NOP
We have a closet on the front end by the restrooms, where all the toilet paper, trash bags, and such are stored, along with a mop and a janitor's cart. But there are no cleansers with the exception of something for mopping. I've been meaning to look for an additional one in the back somewhere, but I haven't seen anything.

So I'm assuming I'm not supposed to use Glance at Guest Service anyway? It's just so much better than the Perdiem. I hate that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally just water, and Target has been tricked into buying it! :rolleyes: I've never seen Spitfire before. Is it yellow? In that case, I have seen it, but it was in a bottle meant for Glance. That's bad. Heh. I just hate the grimy fingerprints that start to coat the counters and pin pads over the course of the week.

Glance is ammonia-based; initially for glass but great for shelves, etc.
Before I left the lanes Spitfire was brought back because the Perdiem didn't work worth shit (it was rolled out during flu epidemics).
The greenish-yellow is ONLY for restroom use (tile/porcelain surfaces).

Glance is ammonia-based; initially for glass but great for shelves, etc.
Before I left the lanes Spitfire was brought back because the Perdiem didn't work worth shit (it was rolled out during flu epidemics).
The greenish-yellow is ONLY for restroom use (tile/porcelain surfaces).

Well I've seen a green cleanser, which I know is just for the floor AND a yellow one. Like an orangey yellow. But it wasn't even in the right bottle. So at this point I'll just assume it was some fluke where someone put something they shouldn't have, into a glance bottle. Possibly something from the sales floor. Tsk tsk. ANYWAY, I am now on a quest to figure out what's the deal with our general shortage of Glance, and our over abundance of shitty PerDiem! Haha.

In a world where cleaners are scarce and poorly identified... There was one soul with the courage... Yeah I found a big spider in case freight (and after considering the possibility of training it- get the lower shelves Biff) I snapped his neck like a twig. Coulda used some cleaner or degreaser.

It's just so much better than the Perdiem. I hate that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally just water, and Target has been tricked into buying it! :rolleyes:

Perdiem is hydrogen peroxide-based, as was its predecessor Hydrox.

We use Glance for cleaning the registers at the grocery store. It's pretty much like Windex.

In a world where cleaners are scarce and poorly identified... There was one soul with the courage... Yeah I found a big spider in case freight (and after considering the possibility of training it- get the lower shelves Biff) I snapped his neck like a twig. Coulda used some cleaner or degreaser.

LMAO, I loved this. CUE DRAMATIC MUSIC!

Speaking of spiders, I found a can of Raid for "Spiders and Scorpions" on clearance for $5. Best day ever.

Victory! Well, I didn't find a place to refill the Glance, but I did find about 8 full spray bottles of it in our fixture room. I swiped the fullest one and stashed it in Guest Service. I guess the most logical explanation is that a Target fairy goes and refills the bottles at night.

PMT should be in charge refilling bottles.

Sanitizer does need to be refilled on a daily basis...but it's not required that each lane have a bottle. Having half full bottles days old *is* a Steritech violation. You're better off dumping the sanitizer bottles and storing them.

Yeah. Don't ask us. We don't have any idea. It's on the PMT, but chances of him doing anything without the GSTL threatening him is somewhere between slim and none.
At my store, the gstl & GSA's make certain that supplies are always available. Only if that, would happen on the salesfloor..

Perdiem is hydrogen peroxide-based, as was its predecessor Hydrox.
Same formula, different name and container to fill with.

Ours are in the cleaning closet in the TSC hallway. PMT can show you where to refill and how-just ask.

I just refilled a bunch of ours recently. Drives me nuts to have a dozen+ barely filled bottles for the POG team.

Reactions: NOP
It's just so much better than the Perdiem. I hate that stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if it was literally just water, and Target has been tricked into buying it! :rolleyes: I've never seen Spitfire before. Is it yellow?

Spitfire is red. They took that away and we are not supposed to use that anymore for cleaning POGs and stuff. The only place I've seen it is in the cleaning crew closet.

As for the perdiem/hydrox - the reason it may not clean as well is because there's isn't an appropriate water-to-solution ratio...Too many times people screw it up - not enough solution, or too much solution.

Spitfire is red. They took that away and we are not supposed to use that anymore for cleaning POGs and stuff. The only place I've seen it is in the cleaning crew closet.

As for the perdiem/hydrox - the reason it may not clean as well is because there's isn't an appropriate water-to-solution ratio...Too many times people screw it up - not enough solution, or too much solution.
You hook the hose into the dispenser and pick bottle on the dial....do people really screw this up? Nevermind-of course they do, lol.

You hook the hose into the dispenser and pick bottle on the dial....do people really screw this up? Nevermind-of course they do, lol.

Our Hydrox doesn't come in a dispenser system. It's in a concentrated container that we have to dilute ourselves.

Our Hydrox doesn't come in a dispenser system. It's in a concentrated container that we have to dilute ourselves.
We're still working through a bottle of the old concentrate...not sure what the new one even looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back