COVID-19 cleaning?

I heard that the microfiber cloths should be the only thing used on the plexiglass shields because the paper towels scratch the finish. I don’t do cleaning shifts so I don’t know if anything else changed.

I do work SCO and no one has told me to stop cleaning between each guest. FL cases keep going up so I’ll keep cleaning. TYVM 😟

We were given microfiber cloths to clean the plexi at Starbucks.
We were instructed to spray the cleanser on the cloth & wipe.
No scratches so far.

At my store, we used to mainly use spray bottles with Clorox mixed with water in order to wipe down the self-checkout registers. However, I've noticed that there isn't any Clorox in the supply room or the office in order to refill the spray bottles and the GSTL has instructed us to use something called "TB Disinfectant Cleaner" but the main problem is that it causes the glass to become foggy and it becomes difficult to scan items without using the hand scanner. Anyone else have any similar experiences? I'm going to try to talk to my GSTL/ETL-SE about this because it's really becoming frustrating to deal with.

you are not supposed to use the tb disinfectant. your setls are mistaken and basically poisoning you. there is msgc (multi surface glass cleaner) provided by ecolab, it should refill in the cart attendant supply closet. it is a blue liquid.

the tb disinfectant should be used twice per day max, before and after the store closes. the cleaning checklists are all very clear about what to use, where to use it, where to get it, how to use it, and when to use it

At my store, we used to mainly use spray bottles with Clorox mixed with water in order to wipe down the self-checkout registers. However, I've noticed that there isn't any Clorox in the supply room or the office in order to refill the spray bottles and the GSTL has instructed us to use something called "TB Disinfectant Cleaner" but the main problem is that it causes the glass to become foggy and it becomes difficult to scan items without using the hand scanner. Anyone else have any similar experiences? I'm going to try to talk to my GSTL/ETL-SE about this because it's really becoming frustrating to deal with.

You should be using the blue cleaner for most things. It is multi purpose glass cleaner and is to be used on the plexi glass with the green microfiber clothes.

Thank you. I've seen the blue cleaner in the office so I will ask if I can use that instead in order to clean the registers. I don't have the cleaning checklist with me when I am at self-checkout, usually it's attached to the cleaning cart so that's why I was really confused about how to go about all of this.

We use this orange looking spray don’t know what it’s called. Its
Next to blue stuff in cart attendant closet. It’s the same stuff we use to wipe carts.

Back