COVID-19 cleaning?

B

BRCHECKUPREMINDR

idk if anyone else has this happening but the person doing the cleaning shift literally just wipes lockers and doorknobs down with a microfiber cloth. a few weeks ago it was disinfectant bottle and paper towel, which was good. microfiber towels do not delete the virus as far as i know.

We have a full on cleaning cart with everything we'd need, checklist, etc. I was blown away when I walked into another store in my district (as a guest, not working) and saw what you're talking about. The girl was literally just walking around with a microfiber towel and wiping handles - not a cleaning cart or cleaning product in sight.

Yeah, we have a cart, too. Two, at least, as we have cart cleaners stationed at each entrance. There might be a third cleaner, too, at times (or the cart cleaners have periods when they go and clean stuff in the TSC and stuff on the floor).

idk if anyone else has this happening but the person doing the cleaning shift literally just wipes lockers and doorknobs down with a microfiber cloth. a few weeks ago it was disinfectant bottle and paper towel, which was good. microfiber towels do not delete the virus as far as i know.
We were told it was becoming too expensive to keep using paper towels, hence the microfiber. Now apparently the disinfectant has become too expensive too but we still need to keep up our Hyacinth Bucket type appearances. Either that or the store simply ran out.

We were told it was becoming too expensive to keep using paper towels, hence the microfiber. Now apparently the disinfectant has become too expensive too but we still need to keep up our Hyacinth Bucket type appearances. Either that or the store simply ran out.
It's nice to see some appreciation for England's "Keeping Up Appearances."

Our cleaners use microfiber cloths with the disinfectant spray (instead of paper towels like when this thing started), but the cloths are laundered on some kind of schedule.
And how is it that disinfectant spray is "too expensive"? Guests at my store have mentioned to me (and I'm not a cleaner) that they appreciate seeing our cleaners wiping down high-touch surfaces. So guests do notice which area stores and other businesses are doing what they're supposed to do to reopen and keep customers safe.
That said, I noticed today that the GATM directing guests to self checkouts today wasn't cleaning them after each guest like what was being done yesterday. That makes me wonder if cleaning protocols are being relaxed? Hope not, because my county is experiencing a spike in cases because a bunch of 20-somethings had a night out at a bar with no masks and no social distancing. Yippee.

SCO protocols were relaxed. TMs no longer need to wipe down SCOs between every guest. New directive is to wipe them down every 20 minutes. They want my NPS to tank. Sigh...

Where is the information about changing from paper towels to microfiber cloths for cleaning? I knew we were to use the microfiber ones to clean the plexiglass.

SCO protocols were relaxed. TMs no longer need to wipe down SCOs between every guest. New directive is to wipe them down every 20 minutes. They want my NPS to tank. Sigh...

just do what we are doing and keep doing it the old way lol

Where is the information about changing from paper towels to microfiber cloths for cleaning?

there isnt those stores just cheap as shit

At my store you're told if you're on cleaning that if you don't see paper towels, or can't get them, use the microfiber towels. You're also told to absolutely not throw them away as they're rented and the store will be charged

Hello everyone! Is your multi surface cleaner blue or clear at your store? I have been noticing that some stores, the bottle is clear. Was wondering if ecolab changed it and if it is suppose to still be blue or not. 3583CB28-CE3E-478E-95E8-41B336EE3A00.jpeg Thank you in advance!

Back