Archived Brickseek?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What chaps my ass more is when a pest says "they said you had ***" or "the other store". First off, who is "they", next, other stores shouldn't blindly send guests on a hunt for absent treasure.

We just went through that, fucking newbies.. Someone showed them where it says what/when product is coming in and they promised the guest that it would be here and in spot fashion? Nope they sent it to another store.

So guest throws a shitfit in the store and we have to now hold a couple back next time we get any to "Make it right for the assholes."

Guests think when they are on brickseek, they are on target.com website. When you tell them you have no classic nes. They say your site you do. Then you say brick seek is not target.com & you hear crickets.

Even if we had one we would not hold it anyway, so you will need to come down either way. and you hang up the phone.. Honestly most of the hot items do end up in my SFS cart before we open..

I'm tired of the fingerlings and I've only been operator twice.
Fingerling-robot-monkey-h10.gif

brickseek uses the API that Target uses for their Target.com search. So its about as accurate as Target.com Yes it tracks DPCIs . People who mention it I explain how our process works. I do stress about Pops that they are always assortment. I have had people dig through pallets on the floor before and I always show them the Mydevice screen. I figure most will believe that over me. 1 means 0 and I always tell them to call first. Until our inventory system works better its a necessary evil.

I had a guest try to price match to Brickseek. She was also a coupon scamming reseller, who tried to get us to price match to a Lowe's in Florida.
Doesn't it even say on Brickseek that stores aren't obligated to price match anything?

If you guys hate your lives as customer service agents why dont you find something you like to do instead of slamming people for what they want to buy. To say someone is bothering you when part of your job descriptions is assisting customers. Doesnt matter if theyre a collector as you term them they are still paying customers contributing to profits which keeps you in a job. Is everyone here that ignorant find an outlet for your frustrations and make the changes to your lives needed to find your happiness. Bunch of miserable people accomplishing nothing.

If you guys hate your lives as customer service agents why dont you find something you like to do instead of slamming people for what they want to buy. To say someone is bothering you when part of your job descriptions is assisting customers. Doesnt matter if theyre a collector as you term them they are still paying customers contributing to profits which keeps you in a job. Is everyone here that ignorant find an outlet for your frustrations and make the changes to your lives needed to find your happiness. Bunch of miserable people accomplishing nothing.
Lol.

Get out of here. Go to reddit.

l7gw4nt.png

That's so cute, it's trying to communicate with us!

When the Pokemon one came out there was a big thread about me, personally, on Reddit about how I was a "bitch" and refused to sell the funko and probably bought them all for myself and all that nonsense.

I actually spent 15 minutes looking for the damn things before determining that they were in one of 8 pallets in the steel (on truck day and I am not trained on the jack. If it had been a random Wednesday I probably would have dug them out).

So the collectors can suck it. If they (and I know which ones made that thread) want to do that after I went above and beyond for an area I don't even work in (softlines here) then they can deal with people who have no idea what they are doing.

Looks like this topic has changed course, but to answer the original question , Target makes this data available on the internet in a way that websites and apps (like the official Target app) can use it. That's part of how @tmap98 made his MyPog app too.

Edit: just read through and saw @Flow Warrior already answered with the same.

Last edited:
When the Pokemon one came out there was a big thread about me, personally, on Reddit about how I was a "bitch" and refused to sell the funko and probably bought them all for myself and all that nonsense.

I actually spent 15 minutes looking for the damn things before determining that they were in one of 8 pallets in the steel (on truck day and I am not trained on the jack. If it had been a random Wednesday I probably would have dug them out).

So the collectors can suck it. If they (and I know which ones made that thread) want to do that after I went above and beyond for an area I don't even work in (softlines here) then they can deal with people who have no idea what they are doing.

I will look to a point, but no way I am digging through pallets of transition unlocated in the steel just to look for one item. New freight on the floor of the backroom? I will look so long as I can safely access it. Found baby formula for a guest that way.

There's a site similar to brickseek that's specifically for funkos, except this one actually shows the count and fairly accurate.

Still doesn't fix that issue of targets shit show of a logistics process where yes it is in the building but we have no actual way to find it. Like it actually being backstocked into a location.

If something isn't in or near its floor location and isn't located in the back, even if it is in the store it might as well be on the moon.

Which is not always the fault of the logistics process, but with E2E + remodel + shitty flow team (& flow leadership) it seems like we have more product on pallets & flats & carts in the backrooms than we do on the floor.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that Q4 is going to be even a larger pig fuck, in a dumpster fire, happening in a shit show when guests start camping out for this year's hot toys and electronics? "Yes, sir we did get 6 on today's truck, just give us 3 or 4 hours to find them. Thank you for your patience!"

If something isn't in or near its floor location and isn't located in the back, even if it is in the store it might as well be on the moon.

Which is not always the fault of the logistics process, but with E2E + remodel + shitty flow team (& flow leadership) it seems like we have more product on pallets & flats & carts in the backrooms than we do on the floor.

It isn't even the flow team at this point. Here is 4hrs for you to do the entire truck process no they can't stay late so anything not done just gets shoved in the stockroom never to be touched again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back