Archived C/O Cut hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a GSA (For Now , I'm just waiting for my schedule to be switched over to Plano)

Recently Our store decided to cut our Cash office shifts to 2 HOURS! , so being that it's illegal to schedule us two hour shifts , they give us a hour break. Then! bullsh*t cashier shift to make it look nice on them. So it looks like this Cash office 7-9a Cashier 10a-3p

I never finish on time so I always end up popping up on the attendance list because of it . it's not fair at all, I really don't care anymore being that I'm switching BUT I was just wondering is anyone going through this.
We schedule cash office 7-9 then cashier 9-2 or whatever. It's been like that for the past 3 years, that I know of.

I'm in a high volume store. So if the closer doesn't place the money in the bags correctly it'll take me like 3 hours because of me having to flatten each bill for the bill counter ( we replaced our counter 4 times ) so I'm constantly complaining about that. there is no way o can finish in 2 hours , today I finish at 1030a but I lucked out today because they scheduled me cash office for the full 8 hours. BTW taking meals early sucks. I wouldn't want my break to be at 10 and stay cashiering for 5 hours ugh.
What is your volume? Like A++?

At my store, cash office shifts are 4 hours. But we have self checkouts, so that probably complicates everything.

We are an A volume store with self checkouts. They do it in 2 hours. I don't know how it works because I've never actually done it.

We get 2 hours as well, if the closer has the money neat and organized and no issues pop up, it's doable. I wish we had 3 hours though.

I always used to force an error with the bill counter and then enter all the information on the keyboard. It always took so long to communicate with the computer. Plus it would have plenty of errors on it's own throughout the shift. It saved me a good chunk of time. That and filling out as much of the paperwork as possible beforehand (even if it's just something as small as getting the piece of paper and writing the date and my name on it).

We've always had the safe count & advance worksheets with the daily amts filled in & made a stack of copies.
Fill in the dates, enter stacks, bundles, loose bills, coin, etc for the safe count & done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back