Archived CAF monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FailFaux

Go ahead for Backroom.
Hey, been a BRTM since October-November and I have two questions:

1. How do I access the CAF monitor? I remember being shown a long time ago, but can't remember anymore.

2. If a BRTM exits a batch and continues it ten minutes later, does the CAF monitor include that ten where the the BRTM wasn't in the batch.

Had a huge DOMS price change tonight that took me 30 minutes alone and exited it midway to do a flex. Curious if that time counts against my metrics

1) Workbench - > Workload Planning Tools - > Autofill Monitor
2) There's a separate monitor for price change workload on workload planning tools as well but it's not any timed metric. The only timed metric is for CAF pull timeliness (1s, 3s, 5s). The timer does still run even if you exit the batch.

Even though autos and price change are not timed metrics, I will check them every day to gauge workload and to see if we're pulling fast enough. Taking 2 hours to pull 30mins worth of price change would be troubling to me, for example.

Last edited:
I can agree. I am almost always a closing BRTM, so my biggest pulls are generally price changes. I start them at 6pm and have them done generally by 6:30-6:45. Last night I had 5 batches that I thought were all small. DOMS was incredibly huge (Went from 3-tier to tub to flat just from that aisle). Finished pull at 7:05, namely because our DOMS section is a complete mess.

I just feel like I'm not pulling fast enough. I try to pull as fast as possible, though when pulling alone it can be overwhelming and I start to slow down to try to make sure I do it correctly and don't leave anything in wacos because I want to impress a timer.

Timer starts when the batch is applied to the PDA and started, doesnt stop until batch is complete.

Price change only accumulates time based off of DPCI, not location so you can usually double the time it originally says it will take. Unless the pull time is large, than it can be reduced.

3 hour price change batch should only take an hour or less. 10 min price change batch may take 20 minutes. Interesting huh?

Weve reduced our price change batches by teaming with ETL-ge and HLTL by having a BRTM pull out decode from a heavy isle once per week, where it goes from there i have no idea! :) There are so many strategies to drive sales from just the backroom.

Last edited:
The real question is, why didn't product go out before the markdown. Salesfloor should been filling end caps in domestics..
Our store operates like a very low volume store when we consistently have the highest revenue in our district. Because of this, we often are over stocked in our backroom and our floor suffers. Our store is a mess.

You want to focus less on your batch pull times and more on how to keep moving efficiently. As long as my TMs get their stuff done on time and can show me what they did to advance the backroom and store brand, I'm good with that that.

Your responsibilities and the way your backroom is set up may differ, but hopefully you'll find some similarities in this post.

Our backroom is on the side of the store, with the light-duty stockroom on the front side of the store, and the bulk stockroom on the back side of the store. I will completely lose my mind if a TM is pulling DOM, finishes the light-duty portion, goes over to bulk to get a rug, completes the batch, then returns to light-duty to pull home/bath on the same tub. How much time did that TM waste by trying make his batch pull time look good? Shouldn't that TM have just exited the DOM batch, make his pull batch time increase in the system, then pull home/bath while still on light-duty, then re-enter the DOM batch when staging the tub on the line? Our backroom TMs also have to bring bulky SPUs to Guest Service at any time during the evening, bring TVs out to Electronics at any time in the evening, etc. All of this negatively inflates your pull times, when in reality you're actually doing a good job.

As far as price change pulls go, we pull everything and put it on a pallet, no matter how big or small the batches are. Bring a pallet to light-duty, grab a tub and some repacks, and get it done! Fill up the repacks on you tub then transfer them to a pallet. A lot of times the price change batch times aren't even close to what the system says, so you can print the info from WB just to get an idea if they are big or small, but basing your productivity off of that report is nonsense.

My evening team has to get all their normal responsibilities done, then push everything on line, then help zone. I'll rarely look at the pull times if something went wrong and figure out how to make that TM think about how to he more efficient instead of focusing on how to meet an ambiguous goal time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back